Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVII

Status
Not open for further replies.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Imo if you cant get what you want for a combo of:

Dumba/Kunin/Greenway/beckman/boldy/addison and a 1st or two then you pass and build through the org.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Imo if you cant get what you want for a combo of:

Dumba/Kunin/Greenway/beckman/boldy/addison and a 1st or two then you pass and build through the org.

Or you just solve the #1 problem for the next 10 years, and figure out a way to plug lesser problems with lesser pieces.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I could accept that proposal if Khovanov or Kaprizov arent in it add w.e you want to make up for that

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I could accept that proposal if Khovanov or Kaprizov arent in it add w.e you want to make up for that

I wouldn't put Kaprizov in it either. The whole point is to be able to watch a Fiala/Point/Kaprizov line for the next 8-10 years.

I think we can then survive with a Boldy/JEE/Kunin 2nd line, as long as Boldy turns out to be what we think/hope he'll be.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Keller and Hayton don’t seem trade able but I feel like Schmaltz or Dvorak could be had. Then again Arizona has no reason to trade any of them.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Why would TB move cirelli? Besides point who will not be moved unfortunately for us cirelli is really their only true center of the future as Stamkos game is given more for wing. Which again is also unfortunate for us as even an over pay doesnt make sense to pull the trigger for a team looking to add that "piece" needed to win the cup.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Why would TB move cirelli? Besides point who will not be moved unfortunately for us cirelli is really their only true center of the future as Stamkos game is given more for wing. Which again is also unfortunate for us as even an over pay doesnt make sense to pull the trigger for a team looking to add that "piece" needed to win the cup.

Because Tampa Bay has to re-sign most of their defense. They aren't going to trade Kucherov. They may move Point, but Palat, Gourde, Johnson and Killorn all have NTC. They could move Coleman, Paquette, Goodrow, but that won't move the dial much. On defense, they only have Hedman and Coburn moving into the new season, and they will need to sign back Sergachev and Cernak. Schenn and Bogosian and Shatternkirk are all UFA. Their projected cap hit moving into 20-21 is 76.167 million with 14 players signed. They will need to move players and the best player to dangle would be Cirelli.

I'd trade Dumba + Donato for Cirelli and a prospect.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Killorn can get traded to half the league starting July 1.

Johnson will be expansion draft fodder next summer.

Always possible they can talk Palat or Gourde into moving.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
The trouble about trading for a guy like Cirelli is they’d only do it if they are in serious cap Hell. So what we trade to get him has to be high value and can’t be huge in salary.

DemidovSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Why Gourde is a center and while a high cap hit, we have room.
Not a center. We have room now, but after Fiala/Kaprizov extensions and hopefully addition of 1C and/or 1G, we’ll be strapped. We shouldn’t be throwing more money into wingers.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Zuccarello --> anything
Parise --> islanders sorokin ladd and pick
Dubnyk -->anything

Koivu 1 year
Donato 2 year
Foligno 3 year
Hartman 2 year
Mayhew 1 year
Sorokin 1 year

Greenway Staal Kunin
Fiala Ek Kaprizov
Donato Koivu Mayhew
Foligno Sturm Hartman

Suter Dumba
Brodin Spurgeon
Soucy Menell
Belpeido

Stalock
Sorokin

AHL

Sokolov Khovanov Lodnia
Dewar Shaw Duhaime
Bitten Dumont xxxxx
xxxx Johnson xxxx

xxxx Addison
Gordeev FJ
Falkovsky FJ
Warner

KK 1 more year for serious injury
xxxx

Expansion: 4 4 1 Fiala, Kunin, Ek, Greenway, Suter, Soucy, Dumba, Spurgeon. [Brodin/staal UFA sign after]

Exposes Donato Foligno Hartman Stalock and a dman we sign.

Greenway Ek Fiala
Beckman Khovanov Kaprizov
Boldy Staal Kunin
Foligno Sturm Hartman

Suter Spurgeon
Brodin Dumba
Belpeido/Menell/Addison

Sorokin
KK

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Zuccarello --> anything
Parise --> islanders sorokin ladd and pick
Dubnyk -->anything

Koivu 1 year
Donato 2 year
Foligno 3 year
Hartman 2 year
Mayhew 1 year
Sorokin 1 year

Greenway Staal Kunin
Fiala Ek Kaprizov
Donato Koivu Mayhew
Foligno Sturm Hartman

Suter Dumba
Brodin Spurgeon
Soucy Menell
Belpeido

Stalock
Sorokin

AHL

Sokolov Khovanov Lodnia
Dewar Shaw Duhaime
Bitten Dumont xxxxx
xxxx Johnson xxxx

xxxx Addison
Gordeev FJ
Falkovsky FJ
Warner

KK 1 more year for serious injury
xxxx

Expansion: 4 4 1 Fiala, Kunin, Ek, Greenway, Suter, Soucy, Dumba, Spurgeon. [Brodin/staal UFA sign after]

Exposes Donato Foligno Hartman Stalock and a dman we sign.

Greenway Ek Fiala
Beckman Khovanov Kaprizov
Boldy Staal Kunin
Foligno Sturm Hartman

Suter Spurgeon
Brodin Dumba
Belpeido/Menell/Addison

Sorokin
KK

That's a great pipe dream.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Besides the trades which one is possible and the other 2 in sure are aswell and possibly not getting sorokin what would make that a pipe dream in your opinion? Most of the prospects we all agree are about another year of development away so I dont thinks its unreasonable to pencil them in for 2022.

I suppose we definitely risk Brodin by playing the UFA sign after expansion game so I can understand that not being an option which changes alot of things.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Besides the trades which one is possible and the other 2 in sure are aswell and possibly not getting sorokin what would make that a pipe dream in your opinion? Most of the prospects we all agree are about another year of development away so I dont thinks its unreasonable to pencil them in for 2022.

I suppose we definitely risk Brodin by playing the UFA sign after expansion game so I can understand that not being an option which changes alot of things.

Isles won’t add Sorokin, we won’t be dumping Zuccarello, you can’t let both Brodin and Staal go to UFA and expect them both to sign after the draft is over, you have Beckman, Khovanov, Boldy and potentially Addison all playing regular minutes as rookies in the same year. you have Greenway in the top 6 for some reason?, Mayhew isn’t an NHL player and I have no idea why he’d sign a one year contract, Staal is getting old and fading quickly, yet you have him on the roster past his current contract, you have us signing a defenseman seemingly specifically for the purpose of exposing him?

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Friedman said on chiclets today he wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple offer sheets thrown at Barzal this summer.

I’m imagining Fiala-Barzal-Kaprizov and it’s absolutely disgusting

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Friedman said on chiclets today he wouldn’t be surprised to see multiple offer sheets thrown at Barzal this summer.

I’m imagining Fiala-Barzal-Kaprizov and it’s absolutely disgusting

I feel like offer sheet rumors come up all the time and then never come to fruition.

That said, yes please.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I don't think Guerin would do that; he seems like a guy that respect the code. Plus with Lou, he doesn't want to burn that bridge.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I don't think Guerin would do that; he seems like a guy that respect the code. Plus with Lou, he doesn't want to burn that bridge.

Not to mention what the cost would be in terms of compensation going to the NYI if Lou decided not to match...which I find unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->