Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXVI

Status
Not open for further replies.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i'd still try and trade dubnyk & rask by retaining some salary upto 2 mill for doobs & upto 2 mill for rask. if no takers then buyout.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Terrible.

We simply don't have enough to snag Eichel. I mean - if we got Barkov and then traded Barkov + for Eichel that might do it.

For what it’s worth, I think Barkov probably has more value than Eichel and if I had Barkov I would just keep Barkov to play between Fiala and Kaprizov.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
As we get closer to the playoffs, I keep circling back to the Leafs and Nylander. He would light it up as a center with Fiala and/or Kaprizov on the wing. There would be a great waterfall down the roster.

2nd line center is covered through Staal, JEE, Khovanov, and/or Galchenyuk (if he breaks out).

Other of JEE and Khovanov slot as 3rd.

Sturm as 4th.

I might even go as high as adding the Pens first to Dumba and a young winger go back to Leafs just to get that set in place by draft.

Then Guerin can spend rest of summer figuring out what to do with Parise, Zucc, and Rask.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
As we get closer to the playoffs, I keep circling back to the Leafs and Nylander. He would light it up as a center with Fiala and/or Kaprizov on the wing. There would be a great waterfall down the roster.

2nd line center is covered through Staal, JEE, Khovanov, and/or Galchenyuk (if he breaks out).

Sturm as 4th.

I might even go as high as adding the Pens first to Dumba and a young winger go back to Leafs just to get that set in place by draft.

Then Guerin can spend rest of summer figuring out what to do with Parise, Zucc, and Rask.

You are nuts

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im still not counting out kunin as our #2 C. i hope we draft 2 C's with our firsts since that is our #1 need , i sure wish we'd have drafted veleno instead of FJ1 & newhook instead of boldy i'd be alot less worried.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
im still not counting out kunin as our #2 C. i hope we draft 2 C's with our firsts since that is our #1 need , i sure wish we'd have drafted veleno instead of FJ1 & newhook instead of boldy i'd be alot less worried.
Kunin hasn't shown much of anything at center. I think the safer bet is JEE developing into a 55 point two-way 2nd C.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I don't mind it much.

Presumably that’s Dumba+1st+Kunin/Donato/Greenway

That’s a very hefty price to pay for a guy who may not even solve the problem. Especially if Dumba returns to form from the past two years. If I’m paying that much, I better be getting a guy I KNOW can be the answer.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If Buffalo is trading Eichel, they're not going to want anybody over 21/22 years old.

Khovanov (center "replacement") + Boldy + Addison + 2020 1st + 2021 1st (~top 3 protected)

We have an elite offensive top line of Fiala/Eichel/Kaprizov
We have a good, pretty proven shutdown line of Greenway/Eriksson Ek/Kunin, whether that's our 2nd or 3rd line.
We still have a few interesting pieces to come up with another forward line, now and future (Donato, Beckman, Pittsburgh's 2020 1st, Staal for a year or two, Mayhew!, Foligno)
We keep our defense intact

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Presumably that’s Dumba+1st+Kunin/Donato/Greenway

That’s a very hefty price to pay for a guy who may not even solve the problem. Especially if Dumba returns to form from the past two years. If I’m paying that much, I better be getting a guy I KNOW can be the answer.

True. It's hard to say without knowing where Pittsburgh's pick is.

I'm just a believer in Nylander at center.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
True. It's hard to say without knowing where Pittsburgh's pick is.

I'm just a believer in Nylander at center.

It makes sense to go after Nylander if you believe he is an actual center, and I think Dumba for Nylander is a solid gambit either way, but I just don’t believe you should be or have to add that much on top.

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta

Sturm as 4th.

That's way too much to ask for a guy that hasn't played any significant time at C in the NHL yet. Would hate to make that trade and have Nylander end up like Granlund, where he's just much better at wing.

People have soured on Dumba so quickly. This guy was untouchable to us a year ago because he has game-breaking offensive abilities. Think it's short-sighted to trade him after one poor season following a major injury.

I wish we somehow found a way to jump into the 13-15 range and drafted Newhook along with Boldy. Would be feeling pretty awesome right now.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I know he's 34, but what about trading for Paul Stastny to shore up the 2nd or 3rd line? Don't know what Vegas needs other than cap space.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know he's 34, but what about trading for Paul Stastny to shore up the 2nd or 3rd line? Don't know what Vegas needs other than cap space.

April Fools Day is in 4 weeks I have no idea why you’re making jokes now

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
April Fools Day is in 4 weeks I have no idea why you’re making jokes now

17 goals, 20 assists in 67 games. Not great, but not bad. He's on pace for 21 goals and 25 assists. So, he might be a high 40s/low 50s point player. He has 1 year left at 5.5 million. Last year he had 42 in 50. Low risk, moderate reward.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
17 goals, 20 assists in 67 games. Not great, but not bad. He's on pace for 21 goals and 25 assists. So, he might be a high 40s/low 50s point player. He has 1 year left at 5.5 million. Last year he had 42 in 50. Low risk, moderate reward.

Yeah I know how to read a stat line and look up a contract too. Doesn’t mean we should get him.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Yeah I know how to read a stat line and look up a contract too. Doesn’t mean we should get him.

If he bombs, the Wild could move him at the deadline. It provides solid depth at a position Minnesota is weak at. And gives another strong veteran to the locker rooms room. Worse is we are stuck for one year with a guy they move at the deadline. Good is get a serviceable center and let Khovanov develop in the minors and not rush him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If he bombs, the Wild could move him at the deadline. It provides solid depth at a position Minnesota is weak at. And gives another strong veteran to the locker rooms room. Worse is we are stuck for one year with a guy they move at the deadline. Good is get a serviceable center and let Khovanov develop in the minors and not rush him.

I would think this is the case regardless if another center is added or not.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Why do we need yet another veteran?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Why do we need yet another veteran?

With Koivu and possibly Parise out, be good to get another guy in there and a different voice. Stastny has been around the league a little bit, so it'd be nice.

As for MuckOG; as it stands, we have Staal, Rask and JEE as natural centers next season. Sturm should be back (up for a contract) and Chucky might not be. That doesn't give the Wild a lot of options, especially if someone goes down with an injury.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
With Koivu and possibly Parise out, be good to get another guy in there and a different voice. Stastny has been around the league a little bit, so it'd be nice.

As for MuckOG; as it stands, we have Staal, Rask and JEE as natural centers next season. Sturm should be back (up for a contract) and Chucky might not be. That doesn't give the Wild a lot of options, especially if someone goes down with an injury.
We have Staal, Zuccarelo, Suter, Spurgeon, Foligno, Dybnyk, Rask, Pateryn and depending on how you view them Dumba and Bordin are turning into vets at 25 and 26. losing 2 and getting younger is better imo

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy

Didn’t Torchetti say that he is going back to Russia if he is not given a slot in the NHL?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
We have Staal, Zuccarelo, Suter, Spurgeon, Foligno, Dybnyk, Rask, Pateryn and depending on how you view them Dumba and Bordin are turning into vets at 25 and 26. losing 2 and getting younger is better imo

Dubnyk and Rask might be on the way out. Stastny is also a 2nd generation NHL player. He would only be here for a year, but I have this feeling he would add a lot to the locker room.

Didn’t Torchetti say that he is going back to Russia if he is not given a slot in the NHL?

Can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad