Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXV

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I’m half joking about Fenton swindling Poile.
I’m not joking about solving problems through trades. I do agree we need to make trades, but Granlund for Fiala is something you can’t rely on happening with every trade. If you trade guys like Zucker, Brodin, other pieces we have, you’re not going to get what we need in return unless you get a draft pick and draft that player by chance, which is very unlikely.

So yeah, trades need to happen, good drafting needs to happen, but unless we get ridiculously lucky, we’re not likely to get what we need with this trajectory.
I still say we should've been trying to get someone like Fiala to play WITH Granlund, not trade away Granlund to do it. Granlund has more goals in the last 9 games than Fiala BTW... his game is waking up. He's starting to get better usage again.

I think his Nashville problem was just the coach not playing Granlund to his strengths. New coach, better usage, Granlund we knew is coming back.

Granlund and Fiala together would be awesome.

I think most, if not all, players play for the their teammates first over the coach.
Quoted from a different thread, but I think the conversation is relevant here...

This team I think plays more for themselves than even their teammates in many cases. They are playing because they are good enough to get paid well regardless of how hard they try. We have too many guys playing "comfortable hockey" for too long of stretches... not putting in the effort and energy to play their best.

That's what I'm referring to.

Parise works his tail off every night, but Staal sure doesn't, Suter doesn't, Zucker doesn't... now I see the same with Zuccarello too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad