Speculation: Trade & Free Agency Talk XXXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As i have been saying for years, you keep Dumba and Brodin, long term. Dumba has had a bad couple/few weeks. Hasn't changed my mind a bit.

If Soucy continues to play at this level consistently(i.e. months), it does bring up the possibility of someone from the back end. As fans, we tend to want to move the guy who is doing less well at the moment. GM's have to be smarter than that, and look long term when selling just before a player's performance starts to drop off.

Trochek, RNH, and especially Kadri are not players that I trade for. Trocheck has had a worrying, long term drop off in play since his injury. RNH doesn't move the needle for me, and will want to get paid over twice what Staal is making, when he is less of a player. Kadri is a head case, heading into his 30's soon, and never was a major talent.

I would rather target a Domi from Montreal...maybe a Poehling, or KK. Younger players, with (hopefully), their best play ahead of them. Even better, i would like to get draft picks, and lots of them. They are no guarantee of a great player, but you at least get a shot at one. Who knows where the next Aho, or Barzal will be picked, but the more chances you get, the better the odds. Maybe it's Beckman, or Kohovanov?

We don't need more expensive, middle six players, who's best hockey is behind them.

If we want to get RNH (Boo!), then you trade a guy like Zucker for him. Similar age, and IMO, similar value, and both players have attributes that the other team want.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I'm intrigued on moving Dumba, but it's like a panic and intrigue.

Not now. You move Dumba at the TD or during the Draft. Possibly free agency. His stock can only go up from here.

The thing you can hope for is Dumba has a hot streak starting now.

If he doesn't have one, you don't move him. You wait until next year.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
You also have to wait and see if one of our RHD prospects starts to prove that he can play in the NHL at a reasonably high level before you think about moving Dumba. Has to be better, or have the potential to be better, than Pateryn.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Wabit

May 23, 2016
You also have to wait and see if one of our RHD prospects starts to prove that he can play in the NHL at a reasonably high level before you think about moving Dumba. Has to be better, or have the potential to be better, than Pateryn.

They would also have to figure out what to do with Brodin if Dumba was traded. And there is the expansion draft to worry about.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
I know its borderline treason to come to the Wild board as an Avs fan, but I'm just curious where Dumba stands in terms of availability. I've read some things on the main board that lead me to believe he might be semi-available so I was wondering if there was any truth to it?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I know its borderline treason to come to the Wild board as an Avs fan, but I'm just curious where Dumba stands in terms of availability. I've read some things on the main board that lead me to believe he might be semi-available so I was wondering if there was any truth to it?

Probably not, and frankly I’m not sure what the Avs could offer that would be enticing enough to move him. It’s a lot of talk because
1) Spurgeon has a NMC
2) Dumba is having a down year
3) Guys like Soucy, Menell and Belpedio look like they have NHL futures

Wabit

May 23, 2016

Dumba to the Avs would be a tough pill to swallow for Wild fans (not sure how management would feel about it).

No real clue if he is available (for a reasonable price). Fans are usually more willing to trade away a guy having an off season than NHL GMs are. I don't put much stock in most reporters as far as speculation on who (non-rental) is available from teams, they need to talk about something to keep people interested in them after all.

Reactions: Perratrooper

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Sure, we will trade a Mumps laden Dumba to you for Timmins, Newhook, and a 1st.

I don't think Dumba is near being available, myself. With Hunt seeming to come back down to earth, Dumba is a necessary piece to get our PP back and running well. Once Spurgeon gets back, Dumba will pair with Brodin, and will be fine.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Sure, we will trade a Mumps laden Dumba to you for Timmins, Newhook, and a 1st.

I don't think Dumba is near being available, myself. With Hunt seeming to come back down to earth, Dumba is a necessary piece to get our PP back and running well. Once Spurgeon gets back, Dumba will pair with Brodin, and will be fine.

No the f*** we won’t

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The only thing it makes sense to trade him for is a comparable center, which I don't think the Avs are going to offer.

Reactions: Perratrooper

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Thanks for all the great responses guys, really appreciate it. Kinda the response I was expecting as obviously Dumba is a good player. I wasn’t sure if something around Timmons was a starting point, but based on what you guys have said it’s not what your team is looking for.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
So Adam Gaudette is a player that's been rattling around in my head since last year when Zucker to Vancouver seemed like a possibility. Big NCAA numbers with Northeastern and some good AHL numbers, but he still had a lot to show as a pro last year.

This year he seems to be taking a step with Vancouver, who's already pretty set at center with Pettersson and Horvat. Decent size, good speed, plenty of skill and Vancouver may have needs at defense and on the wings.

After watching a few Florida games I have to admit that Panthers fans aren't all that off-base with their criticism of Trocheck this year. He's looked pretty passive overall and downright disinterested in the defensive zone. I'm not sure if it's injuries or what, but it has me pumping the brakes a little. And then I look over at Gaudette and wonder if he isn't going to be what we'd hoping for in Trocheck in a year or two...

Reactions: AJ Thelen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad