Proposal: Trade for Victor Olofsson?

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
Ok, I'm looking at this from Victors perspective, and for me the Pens would be the ideal team for him to play in. He has a great shot, but needs someone to set him up. Since Eichel and most other decent players seems to be traded from Buffalo, they don't have anyone to set him up.

In the Pens, he could wing both Crosby and Malkin.

Would you be interested? What would you be willing to pay for him?

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
Ok, I'm looking at this from Victors perspective, and for me the Pens would be the ideal team for him to play in. He has a great shot, but needs someone to set him up. Since Eichel and most other decent players seems to be traded from Buffalo, they don't have anyone to set him up.

In the Pens, he could wing both Crosby and Malkin.

Would you be interested? What would you be willing to pay for him?

I like Oloffsson. But I dont think we have anything of value to send back that makes sense for the Sabres. Our prospect pool is bad right now

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I like Oloffsson. But I dont think we have anything of value to send back that makes sense for the Sabres. Our prospect pool is bad right now

And anyone outside the prospect/draft pick pool, isn't worth sending for a dude who is probably about to be getting a huge pay raise next year.

Reactions: Night Shift

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
And anyone outside the prospect/draft pick pool, isn't worth sending for a dude who is probably about to be getting a huge pay raise next year.

I hear you. But if gets boosted numbers thanks to passes from Crosby it makes a bit sense since he still will be RFA.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
I hear you. But if gets boosted numbers thanks to passes from Crosby it makes a bit sense since he still will be RFA.

Team cant afford it if he becomes a $6mil+ player. He will end up being a one year rental and going to take some sort of whatever skill the Pens still have right now to even get for that one year. There are a pile of our forwards on really convenient contracts that are all going to be coming up soon, too. Cap crunch is real out here.

Gubbhornet

Dec 5, 2019
Team cant afford it if he becomes a $6mil+ player. He will end up being a one year rental and going to take some sort of whatever skill the Pens still have right now to even get for that one year. There are a pile of our forwards on really convenient contracts that are all going to be coming up soon, too. Cap crunch is real out here.

I get that. I just meant that if you have him for 1 year and he scores 30-35+ g and then becomes an RFA, you can probably trade him unsigned to a team that can afford him for a decent return.

Goalie_Bob

1992 Vezina (2nd)
Dec 30, 2005
Pittsburgh
I would be interested, just depends on the price.

Him scoring 30 and then being an RFA doesn’t bother me. I look at the 30 goals as a huge positive.

I’ll worry about his next contract when he actually scores 30. The team can certainly afford another winger at 6 mil.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Best deployed as a PP weapon from the half wall— for better or worse we ain’t moving Sid from that spot for him.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
I mean, yes...but Buffalo needs players too and I think they can get a lot more for him elsewhere than what we could offer here.

I'm just wondering if there isn't a Jarry+Pettersson for little in return move to be made. Their defense is...woof.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->