Trade feedback

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Hi,

In a 10 team, .5 ppr league and sitting at 3-1 with injuries to my top two draft picks, Barkley and Ekeler. The league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex(WR, RB, TE), 1TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K. My team looked like:
QB-Murray, Burrow
RB-J. Taylor, Hunt, Gibson, Kelley, Ekeler
WR-Ridley, Metcalf, Boyd, Jefferson, Gage
TE-Kittle, Smith
D/ST-Indy
K-Blankenship
Anyway, I decided to sacrifice some depth and made the following trade to solidify RB, I gave him Gibson, Boyd, and Jonnu Smith for Cook, Diontae Johnson, and Alexander Mattison. I figure I'll grab a waiver TE for Kittle on his bye week or in case of injury(again). Any opinions or feedback on the trade is appreciated. I hope to make a run at the title this year so I figured going for the big add was worth it, especially with the only 4-0 rolling along with a powerhouse lineup with the likes of Dak, Kamara, Mixon, Hopkins, ODB, Andrews etc.

Thanks

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
Hi,

In a 10 team, .5 ppr league and sitting at 3-1 with injuries to my top two draft picks, Barkley and Ekeler. The league starts 1 QB, 2 RB, 2WR, 1 Flex(WR, RB, TE), 1TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K. My team looked like:
QB-Murray, Burrow
RB-J. Taylor, Hunt, Gibson, Kelley, Ekeler
WR-Ridley, Metcalf, Boyd, Jefferson, Gage
TE-Kittle, Smith
D/ST-Indy
K-Blankenship
Anyway, I decided to sacrifice some depth and made the following trade to solidify RB, I gave him Gibson, Boyd, and Jonnu Smith for Cook, Diontae Johnson, and Alexander Mattison. I figure I'll grab a waiver TE for Kittle on his bye week or in case of injury(again). Any opinions or feedback on the trade is appreciated. I hope to make a run at the title this year so I figured going for the big add was worth it, especially with the only 4-0 rolling along with a powerhouse lineup with the likes of Dak, Kamara, Mixon, Hopkins, ODB, Andrews etc.

Thanks
Solid trade, nice work. I don't wanna say you fleeced the guy, but I think it's fair to say it's pretty lopsided in your favor.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
And really this trade is an example of why you pick up positions, even if you are already strong in them. Whether you draft Jonnu late or picked him off waivers, it gives you an advantage if another teams needs to trade for a TE.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
And really this trade is an example of why you pick up positions, even if you are already strong in them. Whether you draft Jonnu late or picked him off waivers, it gives you an advantage if another teams needs to trade for a TE.
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I was able to grab Jonnu off waivers, and the other player's TEs are Higbee and Doyle, so he wanted more consistency at the position. I offered Taylor+ as well for Cook, but he preferred this option.

JTBF81

Dec 6, 2018
Tampa, FL.
Solid trade, nice work. I don't wanna say you fleeced the guy, but I think it's fair to say it's pretty lopsided in your favor.
Thanks, I did offer Taylor+ just for Cook in addition to this and other package deals. In the end however, this is what we came to. Interestingly, putting the trade into a few different trade analyzers came back with results that showed my side being stronger from one, his side being stronger in another. I guess it just depends on whether Gibson continues to break out and if Diontae comes back strong after the early injury. Anyway, thanks again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->