Trade, FA & Rumour Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Giordano at 50% retained for a 4th round pick is what I'd offer.
He really isn't all that good.

Reactions: Nedarb

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
He won the Norris a year ago...
I think it was the 18-19 season and he scored over 70 points.
To give up something of real value for a D man that turns 38 this year would be foolhardy. He isn't even a RHD. We are fine on the left side.
He's gonna get you 40ish points a season if you let him on the powerplay and he is bad defensively. A dirty player as well if you ask me. I'd rather promote Slamberg and go hard after Hamilton.

Reactions: RabidOne and hn777

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
upload_2021-2-23_22-47-59.jpeg

With Dougie Hamilton being a UFA this summer.

How nice would it be if Chevy scored a Dougie!

This potential defensive lineup makes me salivate.

Reactions: VictoriaJetsFan

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
View attachment 399864

I'd love Hamilton here but I don't expect Chevy or any Jets GM to land a highly sought after, big name UFA. It's not something I judge him on because he's working at a massive disadvantage.

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
View attachment 399864

I was looking at the UFAs over the next 4 years, and I dont think theres a better fit than Dougie would be this off season. If there was ever a time to upgrade our D, this seems like it would be a great opportunity.

brendan smith

May 14, 2018
I'd love Hamilton here but I don't expect Chevy or any Jets GM to land a highly sought after, big name UFA. It's not something I judge him on because he's working at a massive disadvantage.
Ya i agree, but i think we have some leverage over 60% of teams this upcoming off season (in terms of cap space) with Laine off the books, no?

Plus, how many of the other teams with cap space are in the market for an RD?

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Kc is not our best winger but you could easily make a case he is our second best or third best.
He is an underrated playmaker. Like Laine he is terrible defensively but it looks like he is going to be much cheaper than Laine.
I don't know about being our second or third best but I have no desire to move on from KC. Yeah he sucks defensively but he puts the puck in the net and you need those guys to win. We saw how far having a team full of guys who look great in their 2 way stat sheet took Carolina Hurricanes from 2015-2018.

He is signed at a reasonable deal long term that gives the Jets enough capspace to surround him with guys who can cover for his deficiencies. If Laine was willing to sign a long term deal in the 8-8.5 million ballpark I would have kept him as well.

Reactions: snowkiddin

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
I don't know about being our second or third best but I have no desire to move on from KC. Yeah he sucks defensively but he puts the puck in the net and you need those guys to win. We saw how far having a team full of guys who look great in their 2 way stat sheet took Carolina Hurricanes from 2015-2018.

He is signed at a reasonable deal long term that gives the Jets enough capspace to surround him with guys who can cover for his deficiencies. If Laine was willing to sign a long term deal in the 8-8.5 million ballpark I would have kept him as well.
My biggest concern with him is that he tends to play a perimeter game a lot of the time and has tended to struggle playing that way in the playoffs. It was very apparent in the play in against Calgary last year.

Reactions: hn777

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

Who do you think is better? Ehlers yes. Wheeler debateable. Apple? Copp? None of those guys are going to provide the game winning goal when the game is on the line. I’m going with my small sample of he hasn’t been a complete liability in his end when separated from csw over the last 6 games. On csw he regains his bad habits.
Definitely not best best forward over schief or Dubois possibly Lowry has had a bigger influence. But as you said you need a guy who will score in key situations you can shelter by playing with an Apple/copp and Pld.
Esw
Cls
Cla
P/v hl
I see as our best lines. Stastny can also be switched with stastny on the second line if you want more balance.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
My biggest concern with him is that he tends to play a perimeter game a lot of the time and has tended to struggle playing that way in the playoffs. It was very apparent in the play in against Calgary last year.
Most of his goals last year came right in front of the net from tips. He was the net presence guy last year. If kc is a perimeter guy so is ehlers and ehlers takes no slack for it.
Besides kc isn’t going anywhere even if he was worse because Pomo has always stapled him to one of the top 2 lines so even if we’d win the trade still don’t see it happening.

Last edited:
Reactions: hn777

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Ya i agree, but i think we have some leverage over 60% of teams this upcoming off season (in terms of cap space) with Laine off the books, no?

Plus, how many of the other teams with cap space are in the market for an RD?

It's not just the cap space, it's the market. It's a good fit but I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't come here because I'm not expecting him to.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017
I was looking at the UFAs over the next 4 years, and I dont think theres a better fit than Dougie would be this off season. If there was ever a time to upgrade our D, this seems like it would be a great opportunity.
There really isn’t anyone else realistically who we could get, Hamilton is it for anything close to a 1RD. I do hope Chevy goes after him but I wouldn’t “back the truck up”

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
There really isn’t anyone else realistically who we could get, Hamilton is it for anything close to a 1RD. I do hope Chevy goes after him but I wouldn’t “back the truck up”
Why wouldn’t you back up the truck if he’s the key piece to winning a cup?

$9 mill for Hamilton seems pretty fair if we’re paying Wheeler 8+

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015

Who would we get rid of so we can sign Hamilton?

I don’t see how the Jets can sign Hamilton for 9 million without losing some decent/good players.

obviously it is possible but I don’t see it happening without severely weakening our forward group over the next two years to make it happen.

Last edited:

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
It's not just the cap space, it's the market. It's a good fit but I won't be too disappointed if he doesn't come here because I'm not expecting him to.

Yeah if he hits the market he'll be the most coveted FA this summer. Seems like every team wants a top 2 RD. Dougie likely has his pick of the league as to where he goes.

WiscoJet

May 3, 2016
Can someone explain to me how Little's LTIR works going forward?

Does it reset every season, for example this season we put him on LTIR very close to the season start to get the most relief possible. Do we have to do that again?

I am asking it in this thread because has a lot to do with how much freedom we will have in FA and trade market.

jrs

Oct 11, 2017

That might be okay but if he’s looking for a giant pay day and become the next Karlsson, bobrovsky, doughty, etc then no thanks.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Why would Carolina not just sign him. They will even so what's the point in the Hamilton talk. Is it from the ppl who wanted him over scheif in 2011? I don't think he makes ufa and if he does I don't think the Jets touch him.

Reactions: Daximus

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Why? That’s an elite lineup that can compete with almost anyone.
Dubois HAS to be a C in my opinion. He can play shifts on wing when goals are needed but the strength of acquiring him was to have 2 top lines.

I dont want Wheeler on the top line long term. Stastny definitely should not be the 2C. Perrault is re-signed?

Not sure I agree with Bat Vader that the D is vomit-worthy but where is DeMelo?

Reactions: BatVader
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad