Trade Deadline

ThankYouBasedGod

Oct 25, 2010
Saskatoon
Then why the hell did they trade for Kambeitz anyway? Sorry but that seems like a ********* move on Lorne's part and I am a big fan of him.

Ferland was in the AHL almost the entire year, Lorne wouldn't know that he would be returned too the WHL and available in a trade. Kambeitz helped when he was here, but Ferland is a huge upgrade.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Ferland was in the AHL almost the entire year, Lorne wouldn't know that he would be returned too the WHL and available in a trade. Kambeitz helped when he was here, but Ferland is a huge upgrade.

No one is saying that Kambeitz is close to Ferland in terms of talent, but I don't think it's right to trade for a 20 year old, cut another 20 year old, and then trade that 20 year old you acquired months before to another team.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
With the NHL starting up, what are the chances that Ferland is going back to the Heat?

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
My question was if he would go back to the AHL Heat, he is a 20 yr old and does not have to stay in the CHL, I think.

He has the option to go to the Heat if he wants as a 20 year old. He has a contract, so he's allowed to go and play there, much like how Eberle was able to do it on his ELC.

But the biggest point would be is why he would go there. Saskatoon would be pissed if he left after a huge trade and such urgency for them to win this year.

Hordichuk_24

With the NHL starting up, what are the chances that Ferland is going back to the Heat?

Absolutely zero. Since Ferland was reassigned to junior by the Flames he's here until the junior season is over. And considering the Blades are in the Memorial Cup regardless of what happens, it's safe to say won't be seeing any action outside of the WHL. In other words, playing in the AHL at this point isn't an option.

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Saskatoon making the big splash by aqquiring some veteran guys for a playoff push, Ferland most notably, could hurt their future, they traded away a bunch of picks.

fatkidfromcanada

Jan 6, 2013
another 1st round pick gone for Valcourt? wow! just some bizarre trades this year....Burns for 1st and 3rd, Stockl and a 3rd for Kambeitz and now another 1st for another 3rd liner.

Babula

May 31, 2012
Marek Kalus was traded from Spokane to Brandon. Was traded Nejezchleb from Brandon somewhere ?

MBJets

Dec 22, 2003
Visit site
Marek Kalus was traded from Spokane to Brandon. Was traded Nejezchleb from Brandon somewhere ?

No Nejezchleb is still with the Wheat Kings he is just injuried right now. Bertaggia was Brandon's second import player who was traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad