Trade Deadline TV

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
I am curious who will be watching the trade deadline tv and what stations you tune into?
They really do not need to devote a full day to it. I would be fine with a wrap up show starting right as the deadline expires since that is when the activity begins.

I guess advertisers are still wiling to pay for a full day show but it does get tedious and cringy at times.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
I dont watch that shit, got better shit to do. Ill come here if a big trade breaks

Like you said It's all talk and little action.

I just watch the recap on NHL Network.

Last edited:
Reactions: johnnyonthspot

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
I think ESPN + usually puts something on. NHL sirus/xm radio is decent. But really, just twitter/trade trackers and you'll be find. All the dedicated talk is repetitive.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I enjoy watching for most of the day even though I know not much is going to happen. It's a fun excuse to do nothing for a day and I just do something else and leave it on in the background for a while if it gets boring.

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
The only sports TV i watch anymore is actual game action. All the talking heads programing is pretty much unwatchable now with the internet. The amateur analysis online is better anyway re: trades.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Still working from home, so I have the benefit of having it in the background. Last year ESPN+ had TSN's coverage in the morning before switching to their own (inferior) broadcast for the afternoon. This year I'm not seeing TSN on their schedule, but we'll see if that changes.

NHL Network will have Sportsnet. I have a two TV setup in my living room, so I could usually have one on each channel. Granted I don't envy them having to fill in hours of programming with filler.

If I were in the office, I'd probably just be refreshing HF/Twitter all day. It might be antiquated by now, but just something fun with hearing a trade announced live.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I am curious who will be watching the trade deadline tv and what stations you tune into?
They really do not need to devote a full day to it. I would be fine with a wrap up show starting right as the deadline expires since that is when the activity begins.

I guess advertisers are still wiling to pay for a full day show but it does get tedious and cringy at times.
More about network tv to get people to watch. Now, with social media, you can get updates rather than watch 3 hours of guys with a phone in their hand.

• Haha

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I haven't watched for a few years. I used to be really into it though. It almost felt like Christmas in some ways.

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
The Av's and Oilers have both beat the trade deadline day news cycle with some "sick" trades.
I think both teams become instant contenders.

I like most of you will not tune in but check every once in awhile to see if anything of interest happens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad