Trade Deadline Thread

HisNoodliness

The Karate Kid and ASP Kai
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
It'll be entertaining to watch what happens in Edmonton with AA there. I'd have preferred a first, or Puljujarvi and a 2nd... But I can handle 2 seconds. We need a lot of picks to keep rebuilding. Maybe we don't get a good player from either, but having more picks means we're increasingly likely to hit on some of them. Plus we can make trades to target prospects we really want using these picks. Yzerman means it when he says he's not looking for a quick turnaround.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
not exciting return. But I think a lot of people are overlooking the fact yzerman's gonna have some ammo for draft day deals with all these extra picks

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
So the general summary was getting Timashov for free and getting 2 late 2nds and a late 4th to open roster spots for Goloubef and Gagner and pay some bills for the previous GM's new team. Trust the plan.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
So the general summary was getting Timashov for free and getting 2 late 2nds and a late 4th to open roster spots for Goloubef and Gagner and pay some bills for the previous GM's new team. Trust the plan.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

Just looking at it all, I think AA was walking after next year. So it's either trade him for a couple seconds now or wait and trade him for a couple seconds later. People underestimate how much AA's reputation (like Vanek's before him) tanked his value.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012

Just looking at it all, I think AA was walking after next year. So it's either trade him for a couple seconds now or wait and trade him for a couple seconds later. People underestimate how much AA's reputation (like Vanek's before him) tanked his value.

JGP had a good reputation. AA didn't. Not anything about his personality... just that he's more saddled with the one-way electric forward that doesn't play defense than a two-way guy.

Like all Edmonton fans are gonna be excited to have him next to McDavid when any coach with a brain doesn't try to do that for one millisecond when not on the PP.

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
TRADE AA FOR WHATEVER YOU CAN GET!

*trades AA for what he can get*

DAMMIT THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, YOU SUCK!

Trading AA for "whatever you can get" was a stupid strategy to begin with.
There was no hurry, no deadline, no impending UFA.

Expected Yzerman to do what he did with Drouin. Decide to trade him, wait until his value was high, move him.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI

Expected Yzerman to do what he did with Drouin. Decide to trade him, wait until his value was high, move him.
So what if his value got worse? as the season/off-season went on

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Jul 6, 2012
People are really fixating on what they think AA could become, and not enough on what he is today. Especially considering we've got that quote about how frustrated with him the team was.

AA wasn't going to "become" anything. He's been in the league five years now. The guy we had last year is the best he's gonna get

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

You also have to think about the potential RFA process/headache as well, especially for a guy who obviously wasn't a core piece moving forward.

AA didn't have nearly the clout Drouin had. There's no guarantee AA will turn it around anywhere, let alone later on in Detroit; 2nd round picks and an expiring contract are fine.

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
TRADE AA FOR WHATEVER YOU CAN GET!

*trades AA for what he can get*

DAMMIT THAT'S NOT ENOUGH, YOU SUCK!
Exactly AA was one of my favorite wings and I know my opinion of him definitely wasn't the majority. I swear some of you just love to complain. You wanted AA gone at all costs but now they are nitpicking the return....

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
Exactly. And maybe not the average of what we'd get, either.
Actually that is complete bs. He is not going to get better playing with McDavid? Wtf? When I mentioned Larkin falling off this season everyone mentions the bums he has as teammates. AA scored 30 goals in the NHL last season with the same bums but "that's the best he will be" going to a good team and on a line with a generational player in his prime. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018

JGP had a good reputation. AA didn't. Not anything about his personality... just that he's more saddled with the one-way electric forward that doesn't play defense than a two-way guy.

Like all Edmonton fans are gonna be excited to have him next to McDavid when any coach with a brain doesn't try to do that for one millisecond when not on the PP.
Most of the forwards and defensemen don't play "defense" on this team either. No need to harp on AA you got what you wanted. Now it will be my job to never let you guys forget what you said when he excels in Edmonton next to McDavid. (And I won't forget) :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad