GDT: Trade Deadline Thread - Deadline 3pm EST - C'mon Trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Leafs

Jul 1, 2018
So Cal
That Dubas managed to improve the Leafs across the board without having to part with a top prospect is great. True, quite a lot of draft capital was spent to do this, but I feel better knowing the Leafs drafted 12 players last year in what was considered a good draft class and that should balance out having few picks in the crapshoot 2021 draft. Plus there's plenty of time left for Dubas to restock the 2021 picks.

I'm feeling good about our chances to go far this year. GLG!!!

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
Pretty happy with the deadline. Still think we paid a tad too much for Foligno, but I think having the right player is going to be worth the cost on that one. Nice to add a bunch of depth for cheap picks, especially in net with Rittich. Galchenyuk as a pre-deadline pickup looking fantastic as well.

Our roster is absolutely bursting at the seams with depth in all positions now, and all of them useful NHL players with a variety of different skillsets. We need shutdown defensive play? Nash and Hutton in. Need a bit more leadership? Thornton's in. Scoring? How about Sandin and Robertson. We've easily got ~25 skaters and 3 goalies who can handle NHL minutes and that's the kind of depth that we need for a long run. Need the top guys to stay healthy of course, but it feels like we're truly ready for the playoff grind.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Happy with how we did, can't wait to see Foligno slot in. Did the other Canadian GM's all lose their phone? What a lackluster performance.

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Happy with how we did, can't wait to see Foligno slot in. Did the other Canadian GM's all lose their phone? What a lackluster performance.
They all know it's a moot effort when they'll most certainly be knocked out in the first or second round, whenever they play the Leafs, better to invest instead next year when the Canadian division is gone and they actually have a chance to move into the semis

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
Not bad, can't complain.

4P6gJZI.png

Mattavarner

Apr 17, 2014
Galchenyuk - Matthews - Marner
Foligno - Tavares - Nylander
Hyman - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Spezza - Nash - Simmonds
Thornton/Engvall

Rielly - Brodie
Muzzin - Holl
Dermott - Bogosian
Hutton

Campbell
Rittich
Andersen?

Love the depth, could cycle the 4th line and bottom pair and not miss a beat

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Every one on of our top prospects are still here. We didn't get a top line forward or top 4 defenseman even.

Again, I love what he did, but all in is literally throwing all your chips in for one shot at a cup. Like Columbus last season.
@Mats13

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
10 years ago if you were to tell me the Bruins would have traded Tyler Seguin for nothing and acquired Taylor Hall for nothing in separate deals at separate times, I wouldn’t have believes you

Reactions: 40BayStreet
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad