GDT: Trade Deadline Thread - Deadline 3pm EST - C'mon Trades!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Capitals bascially just did

Kerfoot + Nylander + 2021 1st + 2022 2nd for Timo Meier lool

Meier ~ Nylander and Vrana ~ Mantha expect its even worse for them as Vrana is younger, more productive and has higher untapped potential than nylander imo

That's a trade a GM should get fired for even presenting to the team president

Kerfoot has significantly more value than Panik. Panik is a cap dump who brings no defensive value and was worse offensively. Also owed more real money.

They moved Vrana and a 1st for Mantha. Not sure Mantha has it in him and I can see Vrana being a high end top 6 guy for Detroit for a number of years.

BeLeafing

Jun 5, 2017

Meier ~ Nylander and Vrana ~ Mantha expect its even worse for them as Vrana is younger, more productive and has higher untapped potential than nylander imo

I get your idea, but Nylander is younger, more productive, and has higher untapped potential than Vrana ever will.

Reactions: Rocker13

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

I don’t get how the difference between Mantha and Vrana is a 1st and a 2nd ... what a bad trade

Reactions: Auston Escobar

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Kyle on Ben Hutton:
Looking at him since the Ceci days.
PK potential..depth guy...more of injury insurance guy sounds like. Might get in a few games down the stretch. once we have established position in division.

Reactions: Auston Escobar

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
I get your idea, but Nylander is younger, more productive, and has higher untapped potential than Vrana ever will.
Vrana produces at around a 55-60 point pace playing 14.5 mins a game. Not so far off from nylander. I think they're pretty similar players and if they got a coach who gave them 18-19 minutes a night with constant pp time both can be 70+ point forwards. The gap between the two is not that large is what In trying to say from an offensive perspective (nylander has been better with better playoffs and stronger two way game past 2 years)

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Dubas just indirectly said Freddy is out til the playoffs.

We all knew this was likely happening though

I'm not sure ensuring he's ready to go for the playoffs means putting him in cold after months of not playing.

The Leafs spent a lot of futures to leave enough cap space to be able to activate him in the regular season.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
My thoughts overall. A- for me

Really nice work by Dubas. As much as I don't like the Foligno deal and still don't, the fact Dubas didn't give a top prospect in another deal makes it managable. It's a needed player for our lineup.
We got a solid 4th line C who excels defensively in Nash. Nice insurance in goal in Rittich, and a nice depth d man in Hutton. We spent a lot of picks but the Leafs have one of the more underrated prospect systems in the league fringe top 10 level, so I think it shows the progress those prospects have made which gave Dubas confidence in moving picks instead. We gave up no prospects. We were able to make our big splash without Sandin, Robertson, Liljegren, Amirov included.

Well done Kyle

Avilaj07

Feb 6, 2016
People keep mentioning the draft capital used this deadline. I wouldn't be too worried as I'm sure Dubas is well aware and will get a lot of those picks back. You have Kerfoot, Engvall, Dermott as players who might be moved in the off season that could bring back picks no problem

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
People keep mentioning the draft capital used this deadline. I wouldn't be too worried as I'm sure Dubas is well aware and will get a lot of those picks back. You have Kerfoot, Engvall, Dermott as players who might be moved in the off season that could bring back picks no problem
Our 2nd Rd'er Dubas will trade down and recoup a couple, plus some other trades, like Kerfoot or something and we'll end up with 4 or 5 picks.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
trades.jpg

Impressive tweaks.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Looks like Leafs will have to play Sandin and Liljegren to get them some games before the playoffs in case of injuries.

Galchenyuk will be a staple for this group in this run.

They trying to get Amirov here for the playoffs.

Andersen probably not playing until the playoffs.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Boston still scares me.

That top 9 in the forward group look scary and they will eventually get healthier on the blueline.

But they can roll 4 lines well and the top 3 lines are lights out.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Hall goes to Boston another so-so team. Probably doesn't win a round this season in that division. I don't see them making a deep run.
To be honest, neither do I. As I expected years ago, loosing Zdeno Chara has seriously hurt the Bruin defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad