Proposal: Trade Deadline Talk..... Final Weekend Edition!

Who would like to see the most in return for Max Pacioretty, tdl or draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ryan has 4 more years left at 7.25M. Montreal needs to be well compensated for that. In that proposal earlier, they're not just helping Ottawa by taking on his contract, they're helping out Tampa. Two of their division rivals. You charge those guys extra.

And then you want to add Pacioretty into the deal. Point or Pacioretty 1-for-1 isn't enough. Point has 1C potential, sure. But Pacioretty has been one of the league's top scorer for years. That's not potential, it's been proven for many years now. He should go for more than just a player in his 2nd year in the league.

The Habs need to maximize both parts of their contribution in this deal. Only Brayden Point and a 2nd is not a fair return for their role in this. Whether they get part of that return from Ottawa and the other part from Tampa is fine.

Look at all the pieces Colorado got for Duchene from both Ottawa and Nashville. They didn't get it all from one team, but overall, they got a lot.

Reactions: Roke

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Among the teams interested for Patch, the prospects I want the most (in order):
Borgstrom
Vilardi
Vesalainen
Thomas
Roslovic
Steel
Tippett
Eriksson ek
Heponiemi

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg needs 1 more top 6 forward. Would you take: 2018 1st, Petan, Lemieux and Stanley?

Why is Petan in every offer? Can you guys stop offering him, it's like when Hab fans used to include David Desharnais in every fake trade thread. Enough of your midget already.

Reactions: Redux91

HBDay

Jan 28, 2013
If Montreal is taking on Ryan’s contract I would hope we are getting chabot the other way. Plus more

I'm not speaking from a point of absolute knowledge here, but isn't there teams who are routinely trying to make the cap floor who take these contracts just for fun? I mean using Datsyuk being traded to the coyotes really all they got was they moved up 4 spots in the draft.

On another note ( the trading of money is something I'm really not that familiar with) Bobby Ryan is on the books for 4 more years, can we really live with that cap hit for 4 years??? Won't it haunt us if say a player we actually need comes up and we can't afford him because of the 7.5 million.

If we buy him out won't that contract haunt us even longer - 8 years?

If these are truly the terms then I need to know a realistic return on taking this contract because if these are in fact the circumstances I need two quality players grade A NHL players on entry level contracts so I can afford Ryan while still icing some good talent AND a draft pick. Or send me Ryan and Karlsson and I'll send you a conditional 7th round pick and you just saved yourself 20 million dollars a year.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I don't think there will be any big trades tomorrow besides Kane. For the Habs, I expect Benn or Morrow traded.

Darkstorm

I Am Awesome
Jul 30, 2012
Montreal
Montreal won’t trade tomorrow, Plekanec was the only trade they made. Bergevin will come out like always and “ There’s was nothing out there that was available that would improve our team “

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
you think sens would take weber for karlsson and ryan? lol. has this been discussed?
Yes, u are late to the party! Plenty of discussion over this. I can not see it happening imo.
Don't get my wrong, i would love to have EK, but why would he want to deal with a rebuild/retool?!

The only thing i can think of , is, he had said
Numerous times, he will be livin in the ottawa area no matter where he is traded .. he had said ottawa is his home, his family will stay their , thats where I want live - EK..

Maybe if he were dealt to mtl, that might be the inticer travel wise.. pretty much grasping at straws.

Reactions: ImNeverWrong

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
You can get more from him later so they're not going to trade Pacioretty now. He's always been a complementary player so they may decide to keep him if they acquire some player who can center him properly. Pacioretty is vastly underrated since he never played with anyone good, except Subban and Radulov.

DubDub

Jul 11, 2017
You can get more from him later so they're not going to trade Pacioretty now. He's always been a complementary player so they may decide to keep him if they acquire some player who can center him properly. Pacioretty is vastly underrated since he never played with anyone good, except Subban and Radulov.
He has never played with a legit centermen.. He is underated and highly critizied due to his lack of leadership and playoff play.
He should not being wearing the C for montreal.
When u hit the ice as a leader, u should stand out, not become invisible. Setting a example is key, he does not do that..
He is a great winger and it would be nice to seem him play with a legit centermen but payday is coming and we need picks not patch for the retool.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He has never played with a legit centermen.. He is underated and highly critizied due to his lack of leadership and playoff play.
He should not being wearing the C for montreal.
When u hit the ice as a leader, u should stand out, not become invisible. Setting a example is key, he does not do that..
He is a great winger and it would be nice to seem him play with a legit centermen but payday is coming and we need picks not patch for the retool.
He's probably the worst captain of this franchise ever but it would be a shame if we trade him for a first round pick and some other skaters and he winds up being great on another team in both the regular season and the playoff.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Fake Delete.

That's fascinating to me. How is this different from a real delete? It's fake but it's still visible to the naked eye? Opens a whole new parameter. Is this a post from another dimension? :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->