TRADE DEADLINE + SIMMING GAMES OVER EASTER (All read please!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly....I'm apologising for simming an extra game today. For some reason I was in weekend mode already and simmed without even realising It was a day early. My apologies to anyone who got caught out (all 5 of you that change lines on a near daily basis) :eek: .....unfortuantely, we need to get going as fast as we can, and for that reason, I'm doing double headers for the next two days and possibly a 3rd as well. The NHL has started the playoffs, and we're not even at the deadline!

Speaking of which. The deadline is Day 88. I project that to be Tuesday here. Which means that the deadline for trades should be 12:00 AM Tuesday EST (US time).

Obviously Matt, I need the all-clear from you on this one...but everybody's had a chance to get deals discussed over the break (even if deals weren't done until after the re-start) and a very long weekend should be enough time for any last minute changes.

A chat room session for deadline deals might be in order? if anyone wants to discuss times?

Hossa

Feb 27, 2002
Abroad
Visit site
HFNHL Commish said:
Given all of the double-simming going on, let's arrange for a Wednesday deadline.

Woudl that be a deadline of 11:59 PM on Wednesday night, or what time?

The reason I ask is that I have two finals on Wednesday, so obviously I'll be busy during the day and on Tuesday as well. Don't make a decision based on me, just wondering....

BiLLY

Mar 3, 2002
With the deadline nearing which day should we do the Pre Deadline Chat?

Sometime this weekend?
Monday?
Tuesday afternoon?
Wednesday morning?

ok...so that's 11:59pm tuesday going into 12:00am WED?

At this rate, the Sim will have the deadline kick in after the games played on TUES my time (MON US). I can stop simming a day or two, or I can push the deadline back another game day or two....allowing us to keep playing, and not lose any more time.

Matt...thoughts?

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Chuzwazza said:
ok...so that's 11:59pm tuesday going into 12:00am WED?

At this rate, the Sim will have the deadline kick in after the games played on TUES my time (MON US). I can stop simming a day or two, or I can push the deadline back another game day or two....allowing us to keep playing, and not lose any more time.

Matt...thoughts?

For the moment, let's take a one-day break from simming and push the deadline back to 11:59pm Wednesday. If there's enough popular support, we can push the deadline back another day or two, but continue simming games.

HFNHL Red Wings

FYI you don't necessarily have to stop simming games (technically at least). Josh and/or Dion, after the trade deadline has passed simply go into options and change the deadline from 80% to 90% and you will be able to process the trades in the Sim. Just remember to change it back when you're finished :)

HFNHL Commish

Feb 28, 2002
Chuzwazza said:
Exactly my point Drew. I can push the deadline to the 85% mark for a day or two, and then slide it back the moment everything is processed.

If that's ok with you Matt :bow:

Rock on! :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad