Rumor: Trade deadline/rumour/proposal thread Vol 12:clowe to nyr

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
Noticed Kyperios mention Torres a possible fit here again. Really didn't even think about him, but I would love it.

im over that dudes blind fancy passes out of the zone into turnovers, shady hits and immense dry spells.

chase a guy who actually does something on the ice consistently.

Vagabond

Dec 24, 2004
Edmonton
Well, Looks like good old Richard Cloutier has been reading HF again! :laugh:

McBain a Fit for Edmonton
Word out of Carolina that Jamie McBain and Kirk Muller don't see eye-to-eye, and the player wants a trade. The Oilers are perhaps the only team able to move two defenseman for one. With yesterday's injury to Pitkanen, the Oilers perhaps could offer Ryan Whitney + Corey Potter for McBain, who could fit into the Oilers long-term future.
Source: Richard Cloutier

Wadewilson

Jun 27, 2006
Canada
Ugh, some of you people are missing the point of this whole "upsetting the room"

We are one point out of a playoff spot it's a longshot, but the players look at it as something they need to rise up and can get done. That is every single player in that dressing rooms goal. Hall, eberle, Hopkins, hell even Smid, this is the first time they have REALLY been in a playoff race in the big show. As young leaders on this team that's got to be huge for them!!

That being said, what happens tomorrow will tell them what management thinks about them. Trade Whitney for a 2nd round pick, and you're saying I have no faith in you guys. Trading for only futures is not the right message to send to the kids. It's not about the chemistry in the room. It's about believing in our core players. Trade Whitney, Jones, and Bulin, I could care less. But bring back players you can sell as an upgrade for the stretch. Grab a Torres, and a Mcbain. But do it for getting stronger for the stretch. Upgrade the team, not the draft.

I'd rather have Whitney walk for nothing July 5 then have him go for a 2nd tomorrow. Management needs to show we have faith. Even just keeping everyone says we think you can do it.

Haha looks like Tencers reading the board... Tweeted this an hour ago

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
He's not exactly wrong. Moving Whitney for picks/prospects probably takes us out of the playoff race.

You mean the guy that has been press boxed for a large chunk of the season and could easily go back into the press box after a down game or two?

A rare four game winning streak does cure all I guess.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Mods, can this thread be closed or close the new one that's open? I'm sick and tired of switching to both threads trying to read info on any deals possibly being processed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad