Speculation: Trade Deadline Predictions

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I'd be pretty shocked if the Leafs bought half of the names being mentioned, and that is because they are mostly soon to be UFA's. They can't afford to do that anymore, so anyone coming in either needs at least next year under contract or RFA status.

I also don't think they have any interest in a guy like Martinez... I don't think he moves the needle at all for the Leafs defense and is more of the same.

Think we more of a hockey trade than a deadline typical deal if the Leafs are active.

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Habs will trade:

Thompson
Tatar- 50/50
Cousins
Scandella
Kovalchuk - 50/50

If it were up to me, unless you get a nice prospect or 2nd rounder I don't trade Kovy, he loves it here and he's a hit amongst the kids, not to mention playing really well.

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
They need depth in case of injury. Don't think they'll spend a 1st... But if they could update that top 4 on the right side, they'd be even more favorites.

Only top 4 D possibly available would be Vantanen or maybe Petry.

Petry would cost a pretty penny, but I think Montreal would bite on 1st + (Barre-Boulet or one of the Feet) for Petry with max retention. 2 years of Petry would give that D a great look for the next 2 years.

Hedman-Petry
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Shattenkirk

Incredible how that 1st pair looks better with Petry instead of Rutta.

Zero chance the Lightning do that, for numerous reasons that have already been discussed ad nauseam on this forum.

Lenerdosy

Feb 23, 2015
Calgary is for sure signing a winger by deadline. Who? Not sure but It’s been made clear they will use the Frolik money in a new addition.
Damn they are signing a winger? How many wingers are there just chilling at home waiting for Calgary to snatch them up? ;)

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
If the return isn't significant for Lehner, there's no deal to be had. Either pay up or we'll hold on to him. The Hawks could get a 3rd for his post season negotiating rights just as easily as they could at the TDL.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Surprised no one added a few Defenseman from Anaheim on the list.

We have Michael Del Zotto UFA and Korbinian Holzer UFA. Both rentals.

You might get a 7th or something small for those guys which is why they weren't mentioned. Wouldn't be surprised if they are moved but not getting a good return is the idea.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Allot of fans are leaving Tampa off and I’m not sure why.

They have an extra 1st round pick and the pressure to win is on more then ever.

Agreed! Im sure they will get a good 3rd liner for added depth or go all in for a kreider.. picks and prospects and they have the cap space which many others would need to make space.. do they need a 7th D man?

SliceNDice92

Dec 10, 2017
Haha is this real? Dumba isn't just getting traded for Carolina first! Carolina top c prospect necas or whatever will come. Dumba isn't on market or brodin either right now so it doesn't matter.
Dumba isn’t worth more than a first... a late first at that. Necas is part of Carolina’s core for the future. Very doubtful a deal will get done.

RANGERS13ADL

Jan 26, 2020
Only players that could bring back 2 1sts won't be dealt. You are talking players like McDavid, Patrick Kane, Ovechkin, Crosby. We may see the odd 1st being traded but only late 1st. Most picks traded will most likely be 2nd and 3rd round picks. Too deep of a draft to be trading away 1st round picks.

If the price of Kane, Mcdavid and Ovechkin are 2 1st rounders each?! I would give up 6 years of picks for that line. Considering 63% of 1st make the NHL and not many of them become legends... I think you might be under valuing those elite players a bit

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
You might get a 7th or something small for those guys which is why they weren't mentioned. Wouldn't be surprised if they are moved but not getting a good return is the idea.

Atleast it’s something. Would hate to let both go for nothing.

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
Agreed! Im sure they will get a good 3rd liner for added depth or go all in for a kreider.. picks and prospects and they have the cap space which many others would need to make space.. do they need a 7th D man?
Can’t see Tampa adding any D unless they have injuries in the coming month.

a top 9 forward I can see that

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
Surprised no one added a few Defenseman from Anaheim on the list.

We have Michael Del Zotto UFA and Korbinian Holzer UFA. Both rentals.

could definitely see them moved as teams like veteran depth for long anticipated playoff runs.

another that is bound to be moved is Kulikov from the Jets.

I’ll play along,

Del Zotto - Florida
Holzer - Dallas/Colorado
Kulikov - Toronto

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
So are you really saying Rutherford doesn't do a deal or just not for one of those players? Because I would bet a million that Rutherford adds before the deadline is over. Pens have a ton of cap space and with Guentzel out for at minimum 1st round of playoffs it guarantees a winger is coming to Pittsburgh. Rutherford has already stated publicly he is looking for a top 6 winger. When Rutherford has his mind set he will get his man. For the right player Rutherford would easily add our 1st+ to get it done.

Maybe something along the lines of Roslovic for Riikola + and 2nd

Adding the Columbus born Roslovic would give Columbus fans even more reason to hate the Penguins when Jack goes in there and helps beat them. Just a thought.... haha!

If you want some veteran forward help, Perreault could be available as well

405Exit

Mar 15, 2018
could definitely see them moved as teams like veteran depth for long anticipated playoff runs.

another that is bound to be moved is Kulikov from the Jets.

I’ll play along,

Del Zotto - Florida
Holzer - Dallas/Colorado
Kulikov - Toronto

Sign Anaheim up. I’ll take as many picks I can get. This team is garbage. Can’t score goals to save its life. Maybe find a luc robitaille in this draft

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
so let me understand what you’re saying. The rangers are in a rebuild and Krieder is a free agent. Which means he could decide to go to one of those teams anyway in free agency. If either of those teams offer the best deal, you take it. No need to lower his value because you don’t want to trade within the division.
Not saying you LOWER his value. If an offer is made with someone we value, then yeah, maybe you do it. OR, shop around using that offer as yo ur guideline. Anyway, in regard to Kreider.....you simply try to send him away, far away.

Gotskillz2102

Jun 9, 2016
Chris Kreider - NYR - COL
Alec Martinez - LAK - WPG
Ilya Kovalchuk - MTL - PIT
JG Pageau - OTT - EDM
Alexandar Georgiev - NYR - TOR
Tyler Toffoli - LAK - BOS
Shayne Gostisbehere - PHI - PHI
Sami Vatanen - NJD - LVK
Andreas Athanasiou - DET - NYI
Brendon Dillon - SJS - CAR