Speculation: Trade Deadline Predictions

Ledge And Dairy

Surprised the amount of posters leaving Boston off the list. Don’t know what they’ll do but it’s something for sure.

They’ve got a logjam at LD and definitely need an actual RW that can play. Seems like a no brainer.
Agreed, Boston and Calgary are on like none of the lists yet are 2 of the most likely teams to be buyers at the TDL

Reactions: easton117

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Top 20 guys off of TSN Trade Bait List, I added Fast at the end because I think he'll end up being on this list, who you think these guys end up with? Here are my predictions:

Chris Kreider - NYR - COL
Alec Martinez - LAK - TOR
Ilya Kovalchuk - MTL - PIT
JG Pageau - OTT - EDM
Alexandar Georgiev - NYR - TOR
Tyler Toffoli - LAK - DAL
Shayne Gostisbehere - PHI - VGK
Sami Vatanen - NJD - ARI
Andreas Athanasiou - DET - NYI
Carolina 1st Round Pick - CAR - MIN for Dumba
Brendon Dillon - SJS - DAL
Alex Galchenyuk - PIT - FLA
Ron Hainsey - OTT - EDM
Ryan Donato - MIN - NYR
Robin Lehner - CHI - CHI
Craig Smith - NSH - VAN
Kyle Turris - NSH - NSH
Marco Scandella - MTL - PHI
Josh Anderson - CBJ - CAR
Jeff Petry - MTL - MTL
Jesper Fast - NYR - TBL
It you are telling me Flyers are going to trade Ghost (cap purposes)and then make a trade for Pageau or Vatanen or even Toffoli I get your logic. To trade Ghost to make room for Scandella might be the most ridiculous logic I have ever seen. That better be a huge overpay on draft picks by the Knights. Please don't give me some stupid offer of Cody eakin and a 4th.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Kreider will NEVER go to Pitt nor Carolina. I am of the one that wojkd NEVER trade within division, especially of Kreiders being. His game is way too dangerous to play against regularly.
Send him far, far out west. I say Calgary once again.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Kreider will NEVER go to Pitt nor Carolina. I am of the one that wojkd NEVER trade within division, especially of Kreiders being. His game is way too dangerous to play against regularly.
Send him far, far out west. I say Calgary once again.
so let me understand what you’re saying. The rangers are in a rebuild and Krieder is a free agent. Which means he could decide to go to one of those teams anyway in free agency. If either of those teams offer the best deal, you take it. No need to lower his value because you don’t want to trade within the division.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I don't know who is going where but I'm willing to bet that not a single first round pick is traded for any of the remaining rentals.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Top 20 guys off of TSN Trade Bait List, I added Fast at the end because I think he'll end up being on this list, who you think these guys end up with? Here are my predictions:

Alec Martinez - LAK - TOR
Ilya Kovalchuk - MTL - PIT
JG Pageau - OTT - EDM
Alexandar Georgiev - NYR - TOR
Tyler Toffoli - LAK - DAL
Shayne Gostisbehere - PHI - VGK
Sami Vatanen - NJD - ARI
Andreas Athanasiou - DET - NYI
Carolina 1st Round Pick - CAR - MIN for Dumba
Brendon Dillon - SJS - DAL
Alex Galchenyuk - PIT - FLA
Ron Hainsey - OTT - EDM
Ryan Donato - MIN - NYR
Robin Lehner - CHI - CHI
Craig Smith - NSH - VAN
Kyle Turris - NSH - NSH
Marco Scandella - MTL - PHI
Josh Anderson - CBJ - CAR
Jeff Petry - MTL - MTL
Jesper Fast - NYR - TBL

Zero chance Rutherford will bring in Kovalchuk. Rutherford will be looking for someone that fits into Sullivan's system like a Zucker, Kreider, Saad, or someone like that.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
Alec Martinez - LAK - WPG
Ilya Kovalchuk - MTL - MTL
JG Pageau - OTT - EDM
Alexandar Georgiev - NYR - SJS
Tyler Toffoli - LAK - BOS
Shayne Gostisbehere - PHI - PHI
Sami Vatanen - NJD - NJD
Andreas Athanasiou - DET - DET
Brendon Dillon - SJS - TOR
Alex Galchenyuk - PIT - PIT
Ron Hainsey - OTT - TOR
Ryan Donato - MIN - MIN
Robin Lehner - CHI - CHI
Craig Smith - NSH - STL
Kyle Turris - NSH - NSH
Marco Scandella - MTL - MTL
Josh Anderson - CBJ - CBJ
Jeff Petry - MTL - MTL
Jesper Fast - NYR - EDM
Melker Karlsson - SJS-NYI
Aaron Dell - SJS-TOR
Corey Crawford - CHI-CGY

So are you really saying Rutherford doesn't do a deal or just not for one of those players? Because I would bet a million that Rutherford adds before the deadline is over. Pens have a ton of cap space and with Guentzel out for at minimum 1st round of playoffs it guarantees a winger is coming to Pittsburgh. Rutherford has already stated publicly he is looking for a top 6 winger. When Rutherford has his mind set he will get his man. For the right player Rutherford would easily add our 1st+ to get it done.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Sami Vatanen will be traded to the Las Vegas Knights
Tyler Toffoli will be traded to the Calgary Flames
Derek Forbort will be traded to the Edmonton Oilers
Alec Martinez will be traded either to the Florida Panthers or Carolina Hurricanes
Chris Kreider will be traded to the Boston Bruins
Jeff Carter will be traded to the New York Islanders
Kyle Palmeri will be traded to the Edmonton Oilers
Brandon Saad will be traded to the Pittsburgh Penguins
Pagaeu will be traded to the New York Islanders

These are my predictions so far.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
So are you really saying Rutherford doesn't do a deal or just not for one of those players? Because I would bet a million that Rutherford adds before the deadline is over. Pens have a ton of cap space and with Guentzel out for at minimum 1st round of playoffs it guarantees a winger is coming to Pittsburgh. Rutherford has already stated publicly he is looking for a top 6 winger. When Rutherford has his mind set he will get his man. For the right player Rutherford would easily add our 1st+ to get it done.
Hey listen im not trying to say they wont I just dont know who it would be

Icejoker

Sep 14, 2015
Why would any team pay anything of value for him? every team had a shot at him for a million or less just a few weeks ago. So why would they give up anything over that value for him now?

No PO team nead Kovalchuk before PO, I think he go home Russia after this season so the only thing he want is a ring. He is good on PP and he is cheap , I guess Caps go after him for a second.

Todd Parchment

Apr 5, 2018
An elite player will be traded for two unconditional firsts and a prospect. No-one will see it coming.

Rico Suave

Jan 30, 2019
he failed with the kings he is doing well with the Habs, how does anyone know he will do well with them? or will he pout like he did in LA?
If he his then he his shit happens,its not like hes costing millions, top prospects or a 1st round pick,hes making peanuts and will cost a 3rd round pick,maybe a 2nd.

mikeyfan

Dec 27, 2018
If he his then he his **** happens,its not like hes costing millions, top prospects or a 1st round pick,hes making peanuts and will cost a 3rd round pick,maybe a 2nd.
But did it help you gain the cup? I thought that was the goal?

puterwiz53

Nov 17, 2010
Saint John, New Brunswick
Only players that could bring back 2 1sts won't be dealt. You are talking players like McDavid, Patrick Kane, Ovechkin, Crosby. We may see the odd 1st being traded but only late 1st. Most picks traded will most likely be 2nd and 3rd round picks. Too deep of a draft to be trading away 1st round picks.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
What do they need? They seem to be blasting on all cylinders now - would they want to mess with the chemistry right now?
They need depth in case of injury. Don't think they'll spend a 1st... But if they could update that top 4 on the right side, they'd be even more favorites.

Only top 4 D possibly available would be Vantanen or maybe Petry.

Petry would cost a pretty penny, but I think Montreal would bite on 1st + (Barre-Boulet or one of the Feet) for Petry with max retention. 2 years of Petry would give that D a great look for the next 2 years.

Hedman-Petry
McDonagh-Cernak
Sergachev-Shattenkirk

Incredible how that 1st pair looks better with Petry instead of Rutta.

ADD-devil950003

Dec 6, 2006
NY
Demko to NJ for Arizona 1st
Schaller to Boston for a 4th
Baertschi @ 50% to Pittsburgh for a 3rd
Tanev to Toronto for Kapanen
Eriksson to Ottawa for Kapanen + Pitts 3rd
Benn to Dallas for Polak

Lmao I’m refusing to accept that this is anything but hardcore sarcasm.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->