Trade Deadline Possibilities

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Thought we could get some ideas or dreams out there for trade deadline deals.

Saw one on the main board that was interesting. Methot to the Blackhawks. It would be a nice pick-up but a rental most likely as I can't see how the. Blackhawks could afford him long term. Ottawa would also have to take salary back to make it work.

Sarava

May 9, 2010
West Dundee, IL
Gonna be hard to do much of anything with the lack of cap space. I would guess the only thing we could expect is some holes (from injuries?) patched at the deadline with adequate (at best) players.

cassac

Sep 19, 2013
Gonna be hard to do much of anything with the lack of cap space. I would guess the only thing we could expect is some holes (from injuries?) patched at the deadline with adequate (at best) players.

True. This is why I would think to get quality there would have to be a cap dump from roster players. So the sellers would need the cap room and the Blackhawks would have to sweeten the deal with prospects and/or picks. Decisions would have to be made on who is expendable in Rockford and is are picks worth trading for rentals.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Thought we could get some ideas or dreams out there for trade deadline deals.

Saw one on the main board that was interesting. Methot to the Blackhawks. It would be a nice pick-up but a rental most likely as I can't see how the. Blackhawks could afford him long term. Ottawa would also have to take salary back to make it work.

Yea that was me. I absolutely think it will be a bidding war between elite West teams for Methot. Not sure it's best to get in a pure rental bidding war but he's the best defenseman that will likely be on the block. Could even offer them a young cost comtrolled D since we have so many extras.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Yup, and we have no reason to make any.

Like if Muzzin or Doughty went down and the Kings were hard after Methot with no other options available, I'd pick him up for our third pairing just to block them provided we had space.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Like if Muzzin or Doughty went down and the Kings were hard after Methot with no other options available, I'd pick him up for our third pairing just to block them provided we had space.
I'd pick up Methot because he is a good dman (if we had space), not just to block another team from getting him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad