Trade deadline moves

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
If Calgary remains on the outside looking in at the 2013 trade deadline, and given that we have no second round pick this year, what players would you move (happily or reluctantly) to pick up mid-low 1st/2nd round picks?

Personally, I'd like to trade Kipprusoff, and possibly Stempniak though I'm not sure he would bring in a 2nd.
Also, I'd bundle any lower tier players (Babchuck/Comeau/Jones/Byron etc) if they could return decent picks (not too likely).

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I would wait until the trade deadline and see where the Flames are.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
We are tied for 9th in points per game in the west while missing Kipper,Backlund,Cammy,Sven for parts of the year,this is pretty premature.

Last edited:

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
Who says we're selling? Maybe it's time we got rid of all these useless picks + prospects :sarcasm:

When's the deadline this year? Has it changed due to a shortened season?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Who says we're selling? Maybe it's time we got rid of all these useless picks + prospects :sarcasm:

When's the deadline this year? Has it changed due to a shortened season?
April 3rd. Not sure it was determined in a different fashion or not.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
If we are out of a playoff spot, it's easier to list who we shouldn't trade:

GlenX
Gio
Tangs
Hudler
Wideman
Cervanka
Backlund
Beartchsi
Brodie
Jones
Horak.

So, Iggy, Cammy, Stagan, Kipps, JBo, Sarich, Stemps, Babchuck, Butler, Begin, Jackman, Comeau can all go.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC

GlenX
Gio
Tangs
Hudler
Wideman
Cervanka
Backlund
Beartchsi
Brodie
Jones
Horak.

So, Iggy, Cammy, Stagan, Kipps, JBo, Sarich, Stemps, Babchuck, Butler, Begin, Jackman, Comeau can all go.

Probably a better Idea I would keep

Hudler, Tanguay,Cervenka,Cammy,Backlund,Sven,Glencross(unless its an unreal offer),Jbo(again unless its overpaymen),Wideman,Brodie

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011

GlenX
Gio
Tangs
Hudler
Wideman
Cervanka
Backlund
Beartchsi
Brodie
Jones
Horak.

I would keep Bouw unless he get a stellar offer for him. Agree with the rest.

Zoombie

Oct 28, 2011
Possibly a little early, but even if we are inside the top 8 I don't see how we could be buyers at deadline. Also I find the drafting/prospect side of the league very exciting.

If Iginla stays, I think we should keep Cammalleri. I would also keep Bouwmeester as I don't think he is nearly as bad as HF will tell you. I think that even without going full rebuild we do need to acquire a couple picks inside the top 60, or we'll be really up the creek when our vets hang up the skates.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

GlenX
Gio
Tangs
Hudler
Wideman
Cervanka
Backlund
Beartchsi
Brodie
Jones
Horak.

The hell can you even get for someone like Begin? a 7th round pick?

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010

GlenX
Gio
Tangs
Hudler
Wideman
Cervanka
Backlund
Beartchsi
Brodie
Jones
Horak.

Cervanka is a UFA after this season,. Unless we can sign him, he has to go too for prospects/picks.

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013

GlenX
Gio
Tangs
Hudler
Wideman
Cervanka
Backlund
Beartchsi
Brodie
Jones
Horak.

I'd keep Stempniak and JBo as well.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
If we are out of it come April 3rd I would trade the following:

Iginla / 1st + good prospect + youngish top 9 forward.
Stempniak / 2nd
Kipper / 1st
Babchuck / 4 - 6th
Sarich / 3rd
Stajan / 3rd
Butler / 2 - 3rd
Jackman / 3 - 5th

I think we should keep guys like Cammy & JayBow unless we get an overpayment. It would be nice to have a few decent top 6 and top 4 to keep us respectable, and show the young guns the ropes.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
If we are out of it come April 3rd I would trade the following:

Iginla / 1st + good prospect + youngish top 9 forward.
Stempniak / 2nd
Kipper / 1st
Babchuck / 4 - 6th
Sarich / 3rd
Stajan / 3rd
Butler / 2 - 3rd
Jackman / 3 - 5th

I think we should keep guys like Cammy & JayBow unless we get an overpayment. It would be nice to have a few decent top 6 and top 4 to keep us respectable, and show the young guns the ropes.

I think i'd like to keep Stajan. besides that this seems about right. I don't know if were going to get a 2nd for Stemps or a 3rd for Sarich but Paul Gaustad got traded for a first and couple years back so we can hope

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I'd move Iggy, Tangs (if Iggy is gone what's the point), Stempniak, Jackman, Gio, and Babchuk.

Giving us a forwards corps of this:

Cervenka Backlund Hudler
Glencross Stajan Cammy
Sven Horak Comeau

Wideman Brodie
Bouwmeester Butler
Smith Sarich

That lineup leaves a lot to be desired, but it gives us a ton of cap room to sign a decent center, and another top 4 dman. It would also give us 4 potential x 1st picks (our current one, one from Iggy and Tangs and Gio), and a 2nd round pick from Stemps. I can think of 2 teams last year that had a worse top 9 than that and made the playoffs last year. That lineup would allow us to rebuild like the Sens, load up on some young talent and also give us a ton of flexibility to add a couple good young players through FA to remain competitive.

If we are out of it at the deadline, those would be some moves I would consider making. Maybe tomorrow I'll get crafty and actually list some proposals.

Svenner

Dec 2, 2008
Montreal, QC
I'd move Iggy, Tangs (if Iggy is gone what's the point), Stempniak, Jackman, Gio, and Babchuk.

Giving us a forwards corps of this:

Cervenka Backlund Hudler
Glencross Stajan Cammy
Sven Horak Comeau

Wideman Brodie
Bouwmeester Butler
Smith Sarich

That lineup leaves a lot to be desired, but it gives us a ton of cap room to sign a decent center, and another top 4 dman. It would also give us 4 potential x 1st picks (our current one, one from Iggy and Tangs and Gio), and a 2nd round pick from Stemps. I can think of 2 teams last year that had a worse top 9 than that and made the playoffs last year. That lineup would allow us to rebuild like the Sens, load up on some young talent and also give us a ton of flexibility to add a couple good young players through FA to remain competitive.

If we are out of it at the deadline, those would be some moves I would consider making. Maybe tomorrow I'll get crafty and actually list some proposals.

I'd keep Tanguay, I know he plays great with Iggy but we've seen more this year that he can play great with other players like the Czechs. Also, he seems to be really comfortable playing under Hartley (given they won a Stanley cup together and all) so I think he'd be a great guy to keep in a rebuild. I also believe that his value with the Flames is greater than with other teams given that he played really poor in his last 2 outings (MTL and TB). Since we're not doing an oilers type rebuild, it be great to keep some of the core. I agree with your other suggestions, I think I would also throw Cammy in there for a trade if we happen to get a pretty good offer.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad