Trade Deadline III

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007
Soppressata is magical, that's my sandwich must.

Also, i would have never guessed Schneiders to be good, but was recommended Schneiders bagged summer saugsage. Wow. So tasty and great on pizza

5th, 6th and 7th grade I worked at Italian deli around the corner from my house.
I never liked the Soppressata just because of the look. One day my boss made me a sandwich with it. I was a lifer from that point on.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm confused why Thornton to Philly wasn't a bigger rumor/suggestion. At 50% he would have cost the same under the cap as Thompson.

The Flyers aren't a true contender like Boston, but when Thornton comes out and says he's "been hunting this thing down for 22 years" surely Philly would have been worth a shot for him? I guess Fletcher had no interest at whatever price the Sharks were demanding. But I would much rather have paid a 2021 3rd for Joe, than a 2021 5th for Nate.

Thornton frustrated Sharks didn't trade him to contender

Joe Thornton - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Reactions: AdamParrot

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'm confused why Thornton to Philly wasn't a bigger rumor/suggestion. At 50% he would have cost the same under the cap as Thompson.

The Flyers aren't a true contender like Boston, but when Thornton comes out and says he's "been hunting this thing down for 22 years" surely Philly would have been worth a shot for him? I guess Fletcher had no interest at whatever price the Sharks were demanding. But I would much rather have paid a 2021 3rd for Joe, than a 2021 5th for Nate.

Thornton frustrated Sharks didn't trade him to contender

Joe Thornton - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

Maybe we had no interest. Guy has a huge ego and may have disrupted team chemistry. He also tends to struggle with the increased quickness of the playoffs.

Reactions: renberg

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Sounds like a guy desperate for another shot at a Cup.

The guy is a dbag.

If you have the clause in your contract that allows you to decide where you go you use it. Plain and simple. It seems now that he would have been open to more teams but San Jose couldn't get a deal done with anyone that they would take for him. Seems like it was a two way Dbag street there. I can't think he'll resign with San Jose for next year. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If you have the clause in your contract that allows you to decide where you go you use it. Plain and simple. It seems now that he would have been open to more teams but San Jose couldn't get a deal done with anyone that they would take for him. Seems like it was a two way Dbag street there. I can't think he'll resign with San Jose for next year. Will be interesting to see where he goes.

He's been a dbag for years. He's also had more dissapointing playoff performances than good ones. He's gonna retire with no Cup and I will be happy about it.

Reactions: renberg and mdm815

mercury

Mar 10, 2003
South Philly/SoCal
Visit site
I mean, they also had the option to:

Send Bunnaman down.
Play Grant at 4C.
Keep Farabee.
Have Thompson as 13th fwd.

Which is very likely a better team.

This is not just Farabee vs Grant...

Not the end of the world or close to it, but Farabee had been playing really well recently.

I agree with this post. The trades were not bad. The roster moves were suboptimal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad