GDT: Trade Deadline Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I had no belief that we could transform our top 6 at the TDL, with our cap sitch next year, unless we mortgaged the future. Not the time. We might’ve have given the bottom six a kick in the ass, though. Greenway gone, Foligno injured, Steel, and Shaw certainly are going to lose playing time, if not Dewar.

Would be perfect if GOLI was sent elsewhere for a mid round pick. He and Greenwyay gone would save 5 M next year.

I disagree about Goli being traded this year. He's the d-man I'd want in the pressbox as the guy that can fill in for any d-man that gets injured. I don't like him much but overall, but he's is a guy that can step in and play okay in any role.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I disagree about Goli being traded this year. He's the d-man I'd want in the pressbox as the guy that can fill in for any d-man that gets injured. I don't like him much but overall, but he's is a guy that can step in and play okay in any role.
I agree… I just don’t want him on the team next year, mainly because I think we can save a bit of money that way, and we need to save all that we can. Goli is ok, but sometimes you can see that he just doesn’t have the speed or strength that he used to. For us, we shouldn’t be paying more than minimum for a 6/7 D next year…

If Kl8ngberg gets some time with Brodin, I wonder if that restores his confidence, and we get a very competent offensive Dman in the short term?

Wabit

May 23, 2016

I agree… I just don’t want him on the team next year, mainly because I think we can save a bit of money that way, and we need to save all that we can. Goli is ok, but sometimes you can see that he just doesn’t have the speed or strength that he used to.

If Kl8ngberg gets some time with Brodin, I wonder if that restores his confidence, and we get a very competent offensive Dman in the short term?

I think it was his give a damn that was broken, not his confidence.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Foligno and Brodin need to sit until they are healthy. They have enough players to cover the lineup spots.

Reactions: 57special

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Interesting about Dumba....

Dumba being traded was a pipe dream for the fans that don't want to lose anything of value for nothing.

It didn't make sense for the team at any point after Kulikov was traded in the summer, unless the wheels completely fell off for the season.

Reactions: Soldier13Fox

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
Dumba being traded was a pipe dream for the fans that don't want to lose anything of value for nothing.

It didn't make sense for the team at any point after Kulikov was traded in the summer, unless the wheels completely fell off for the season.
I think he had an average season for himself, it would have been realistic, retaining 50%. However, his inconsistency really came out at a bad time at the beginning of 2023 where teams are truly making trade evaluations for the TDL. When he was benched, that was basically the sign to me that he was going to be untradeable.

Thankfully, he's been making himself useful last few games.

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Doesnt matter what the wild do its a one and done team even with a hot goalie. We cant even run the score up on dismantled bottom feeder teams. Sell now and keep the picks.
3 shots on 5-3power play that’s running at 66% on 5 on 4.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
im trying to process all of this, how do we have enough open spots to add all these players? i don't understand adding klingberg while we still have dumba however i think guerin did a GREAT job of adding without giving up 1st & 2nd picks. i couldn't have done better today!

Wabit

May 23, 2016
im trying to process all of this, how do we have enough open spots to add all these players? i don't understand adding klingberg while we still have dumba however i think guerin did a GREAT job of adding without giving up 1st & 2nd picks. i couldn't have done better today!

No roster size limit as long as you have the cap space for everyone.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids
So we used to put the game start times for Finland in the GDTs. Do we need to do that for Sweden now?
I was wondering a similar question. We used to have a bunch of Finnish fans... are we going to get a Swedish bump now? Would love some new blood here.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Big fan of our moves at trade deadline. Did not expect the Klingberg trade, but it was a nice surprise.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Big fan of our moves at trade deadline. Did not expect the Klingberg trade, but it was a nice surprise.
agreed, i saw the tweet about goligoski not being traded first so i thought klingberg to us was some joke or rumored trade that didnt happen

Reactions: Lapa

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Foligno and Brodin need to sit until they are healthy. They have enough players to cover the lineup spots.
Brodin is needed for the playoffs, and we need Foligno to be the Foligno of the last two years.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I was wondering a similar question. We used to have a bunch of Finnish fans... are we going to get a Swedish bump now? Would love some new blood here.

New blood would be nice, for sure. Heck just one that likes to make GDTs would be super fantastic (thank you @Bazeek for all of your GDTs). I yoinked this one from one I made made a few years ago, just edited the date and called it good.

If there is a want for another start time listed I'm happy to oblige.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
So, adds are MoJo, Nyquist, Sundqvist, Klingberg, 2023 2nd, 2024 5th, oh, and the picks from brokering the deals....2025 4th and 24 5th?

Subtract JG(it was time), 4th(Nyquist?), 2024 3rd(MoJo), 2025 4th (Klingberg), Sustr, rights to Nesterenko, 2023 4th (Sundqvist)?

All our acquisitions are on expiring deals, which is good, to me. They should be working hard to earn new deals next year, whether with us, or someone else.

Losing JG had to be done, both for the present because of his poor play, and the future, where his 3M cap hit for replacement player level play was not affordable. The picks are more or less a wash.

IMO, we got ourselves a better lineup for the playoff run, at zero cost, AND improved our cap situation for next year. No Kevin Hayes, no Boeser .... I'm sorry, but we are not in a place where we can take on that shit. I think Guerin has done really well.

Last edited:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So, adds are MoJo, Nyquist, Sundqvist, Klingberg, 2nd, 5th, oh, and the picks from brokering the deals....2025 4th and 24 5th?

Subtract JG(it was time), 4th(Nyquist?), 2024 3rd(MoJo), 2025 4th (Klingberg), Sustr, rights to Nesterenko, 2023 4th (Sundqvist)?
Trades since the start of the season:
('25)5th for Reaves
('25) 4th for Pillar (rights) + ROR retention
('23) 5th for Svetlakov (rights) + Orlov retention.
MarJo for ('23) 3rd
Nyquist for ('23) 5th they got in the Orlov retention trade
('23) 2nd + ('24) 5th for Greenway
Sunquvist for ('23) 4th
Klingberg for Sustr + Nestrinko (rights) + ('25) 4th

Draft picks MN has:
2023: 1st, 2nd, 2nd (VGK), 5th, 6th, 7th
2024: 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 5th (BUF), 6th, 7th
2025: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th (TOR), 6th, 7th

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Circulartheory

Apr 22, 2006
Hong Kong
So, adds are MoJo, Nyquist, Sundqvist, Klingberg, 2023 2nd, 2024 5th, oh, and the picks from brokering the deals....2025 4th and 24 5th?

All our acquisitions are on expiring deals, which is good, to me. They should be working hard to earn new deals next year, whether with us, or someone else.

Losing JG had to be done, both for the present because of his poor play, and the future, where his 3M cap hit for replacement player level play was not affordable. The picks are more or less a wash.

IMO, we got ourselves a better lineup for the playoff run, at zero cost, AND improved our cap situation for next year. No Kevin Hayes, no Boeser .... I'm sorry, but we are not in a place where we can take on that shit. I think Guerin has done really well.
The thing that gets me is that we even moved UP in the 2023 draft from 4th to 2nd, despite bringing in a whole bunch of new players.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The thing that gets me is that we even moved UP in the 2023 draft from 4th to 2nd, despite bringing in a whole bunch of new players.

They did trade away the better and younger player with term compared to the new rental guys they brought in to make this happen.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad