Trade Deadline: A Fan's Perspective [Flames on Steel]

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
'Being the hockey geek that I am, the trade deadline is one of my favorite times of the year. Suspense building as the rumors mount, the excitement that every small trade making me wonder if this is the domino that starts it all. This year was no different; waiting, wondering what my favorite team would do. Would they buy? Sell? A little of both?'

Written by our very own Adirondack Flames!

Master Bill

Congrats, Oilers! (2023)
Nov 9, 2014
LOLOLOL I thought this was the highlight of that article:

There it was, more information and my heart sank to the pit of my stomach. Darren Dreger reporting that Sven Baertschi has been traded to the hated Vancouver Canucks. My blood began to boil, a rage filled me like I had not felt since the Jarome Iginla saga of 2013. I still waited for word on the return, hoping, praying that Treliving had sodomized Jim Benning and the Canucks. The final piece of information came fairly quickly and it set me off, my insides were like Hulk Hogan hulking up in one of wrestling matches. A second round pick. An f'ing second round pick! Unable to keep my feelings to myself, wanting to give Treliving a patented Hogan leg drop; I blew up on hfboards, ripping apart Treliving and the fact he had traded a good prospect to one of our most bitter rivals for a magic bean. More upset about the destination than the return, I decided to step back from my keyboard and wait for an explanation.

That was a great read!

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
LOLOLOL I thought this was the highlight of that article:

That was a great read!

Actually I thought the highlight was the sentence that followed it :lol: In the interest of keeping this forum child friendly, I'll refrain from quoting it :laugh:

Awesome article AF!

Edit: Gaudfather edited his post to quote the whole paragraph haha

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Good read. I knew you were mad, AF, but this is some insight into exactly how angry you were. ;)

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
AF, that was an awesome article man! Seriously, I really enjoyed reading it. I felt like I was on your roller coaster of emotions with you when I was reading that. Well done sir!

Flaming Satan

Driving into Legacy
May 29, 2014
YYC
Great job! Loved how you used your emotions to describe how the trade deadline went down for you.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
AF, that was an awesome article man! Seriously, I really enjoyed reading it. I felt like I was on your roller coaster of emotions with you when I was reading that. Well done sir!
thanks hox, I'm more of a creative writer so this style is more up my alley than analyzing stuff :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad