GDT: Trade Deadline - 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
6 picks in the top 80 sounds better.

i believe though that the devils will draft all of them. i dont think they make a move with them

You think they're making 6 picks in the top 80? You do realize that Shero has done two trades that are basically set for what we have now pick wise.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Fenton is just getting rid of as much of Fletcher's guys he can, I guess. although Granlund is a UFA next season so they might someone locked up longer. I don't think this deal is anywhere close to as bad as the Nino deal

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Great deadline for Shero.

Got overs for Boyle and Lovejoy.
Got market value for Johansson and Kinkaid.

We are going to get a good look at McLeod and Bastian over the next 20 or so games.
Maybe Quenneville gets recalled as a final make or break chance at cracking the roster.

Tretyak 20

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Just looked at NHL.com trade tracker and saw "Canucks acquire Karlsson from Sharks" and thought OMG WTF?!?!?!

...then looked at the fine print and saw "Linus Karlsson". :laugh:

Reactions: NJDevs26

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I still can't believe Ray wasted a 2nd amd Rykov on Grabner last year. His dumbest move to date.

I think the statute of limitations on that trade expired when the team made the playoffs. Yes, it's questionable whether Grabner contributed anything, but the team qualified by one point, so it's hard to apply the butterfly effect in such a close run situation.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I still can't believe Ray wasted a 2nd amd Rykov on Grabner last year. His dumbest move to date.
It wasn't a bad trade at the time and was much more popular than the Maroon trade if I recall. No one thought Grabner would be that bad here.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
It wasnt a bad trade at the time. Nobody could possibly predict Grabner would go on his most unproductive stretch of his career.
Even if Grabner exceeded every possible expectation of him, it was a dumb trade. We were never doing anything in the playoffs last year.

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Even if we accept the Monday Morning QB premise...if the Grabner trade is as bad as it gets, we're pretty lucky.

In four years, the only major misstep is the coach.

That he wasn't even looking to re-sign Mojo is also encouraging. I don't think we would've liked that cap hit vs. the eventual production. And a show me contract does nothing for us and everything for Mojo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->