GDT: Trade Deadline - 2pm Central - Time to deal - tick tock tick tock...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Yeah, right handed center that plays in the slot on the PP. The Wild probably wouldn't be able to find a spot for one of those

No, we could find a spot, but I don’t think he’s very good, and he’s not even a medium-term solution.

Edit: never mind on the NMC, thought he had one.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
It's all speculation from us. We don't hear either side of the phone calls. My speculation is BG went into today with 1 plan. Buy low, sell high. Obviously he wanted too much and/or was giving too little. I can promise you his goal wasn't to "do nothing". That'd be negligence and incompetence. BG is neither.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It's all speculation from us. We don't hear either side of the phone calls. My speculation is BG went into today with 1 plan. Buy low, sell high. Obviously he wanted too much and/or was giving too little. I can promise you his goal wasn't to "do nothing". That'd be negligence and incompetence. BG is neither.

We don’t quite know that 100% either way at this point.

Reactions: thestonedkoala

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
What would he say? 'Rask is a scrub and I really can't believe we are playing him at #1-2 C, Chr*st I bet the fans are angrier than hell about it'?

He could make a comment that Rask needed to work better and that while he's been a competent center, Rask needs to work harder and better ala Jordan Greenway.

You act like the guy is some simplistic braindead GM. He simply isn't going to get down on the roster publicly, which I would EXPECT and hope for. Sh*t if I was a player and our GM said how our roster sucks and maybe I suck at my position, I'd basically half ass the entire season and get paid.

No, I am acting like Guerin is used car's salesman. He absolutely tore into Greenway in the off-season. He also tore into the veterans and shipped off Staal and tried shipping off Parise.

Ever think they don't want to pull those guys in at the moment?

Why not? Perfect way to get them acclimated to the NHL, get a good taste of what they are capable of. We already burned a year on Boldy's contract, why not get him some practices in the NHL and some sheltered time and let him just play.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017

So if Guerin doesn't make a trade by the TDL he's incompetent? Good lord...

He's said several times that he's not in a hurry to make any trades, he likes this team. Also said there's no urgency when it comes to a top 6 center because he thinks some wingers incl Zuccarello can play like a center.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
So if Guerin doesn't make a trade by the TDL he's incompetent? Good lord...

He's said several times that he's not in a hurry to make any trades, he likes this team. Also said there's no urgency when it comes to a top 6 center because he thinks some wingers incl Zuccarello can play like a center.
Zuccarello isn't helping our faceoff woes from the wing. A good center can do that.

Reactions: Legegendsofthenorth

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Then we are back to the conversation from a couple days ago.....are we all in on waiting for the young guys (Rossi, Boldy, etc) to develop or would it be wise to speed up the timeline by adding a veteran center?

Which veteran center are we talking about? What would it take to acquire them?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Yall take this far too seriously and turn speculation into some sort of gospel.

It's really amusing and sad to read.

Reactions: Nsjohnson

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
To me it’s not all that amusing to watch where this team is with the trash they employ at the center position and wonder where they would be if the GM of the team would put any type of effort to address the position.

The players this team relies on will either not be here or in a significantly reduced role when the team comes upon this timeline this GM has forced upon his team. And that’s neglecting that once again this franchise is positioned to lose one of the best players in the entire expansion draft.

Seems to me that making a modest add to address a glaring weakness to give your team a chance in a year where they’ve performed above expectations would be warranted. Especially knowing that the team will be taking a step backwards in all likelihood next season.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
Which veteran center are we talking about? What would it take to acquire them?

If I knew the answer to these questions you would be reading about the trade I made today.

Somewhere in the NHL, there is/was a trade to be made for a veteran C. Even if it was just Carter, there was an upgrade to be had and Guerin wasn’t interested. I find that curious.

Reactions: Prior

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If I knew the answer to these questions you would be reading about the trade I made today.

Somewhere in the NHL, there is/was a trade to be made for a veteran C. Even if it was just Carter, there was an upgrade to be had and Guerin wasn’t interested. I find that curious.

I really don't find it curious because BG has been pretty open that he wasn't going to give up any assets (draft picks/prospects) for a rental. You can disagree with his approach, but it's really not puzzling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->