Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Bruins get Nick Holden from NYR for Rob O'Gara and third round pick

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
394.jpg

Hahahah hardlyhate, just more like ok wtf...

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bruins will now have 9 defensemen on the NHL roster. Only McAvoy, Grzelcyk and Carlo can be sent down without being exposed to waivers. Will they expose someone (Postma?), or might there be another trade in the works with a defensemen being moved out?

I would think Postma is waived, with hopes he goes unclaimed (Would a team claim him? They'd have to keep him on their roster). If he clears, he's an option for the playoffs.

Reactions: wintersej

HackeyFanz

Dec 8, 2017
Slight Overpayment but it is the Trade Deadline after all and this is what happens. Remember we traded a 3rd and a 5th for JM Liles.The fact is it's going to be a late 3rd rounder and much easier to swallow with the depth of our prospect pool right now.

Holden isn't great but not as bad as people make him out to be and is a left handed d which is something we needed. Good experience and Depth for the playoffs.

Now hang onto our 1st and 2nd rounders unless it's an impact player.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Ranger fans reaction to this trade is similar to our reaction when Dennis Wideman was mercifully shipped out of town

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Now I agree that Gryzelick’s play has slipped a little but not enough to remove him from the current lineup . If Gryz is headed to Providence, I don’t like this deal .

I'm with you, but don't think they made this trade to not play Holden. And now Bruins have 3 extra defenseman and Gryz is the only one who can be sent down. Wouldn't be surprised if they move one of McQuaid or Miller. If not now then the offseason

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Yes he is and is playing a specific role in Ariz and doing it well. Not sure what your point is. Funny how fast some fans forget the issues the Bs had last year in the PO with dmen, they go get one and now the sky is falling. I am betting people will change their tune on this guy once he gets into the Bruins system. With all the kids in the system the team is not going to miss a third rounder which should be around 90th

Can people not like a deal and not think the sky is falling? Asking for a friend.

Reactions: minpind and Hali33

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
If this was a 4th rounder instead of a 3rd, we'd probably be saying very little. So essentially a couple of players separate the late 3rd from the early 4th. Worth pondering that.

Guys I crap on Sweeney more than almost anyone on here. This is totally fine.

Reactions: Strafer

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
If he's the new 7th defenceman, I'm pretty happy with this. Don't think O'Gara had a future in the organization with the glut of LD prospects ahead of him. 3rd rounder sounds pretty steep at first, but realistically there is very little difference in value or likelihood of drafting an NHL player between 3rd and 6th/7th round pick.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Postma may get picked up depending on a team with defensive injuries.

Holden had a nice year last year 11 goals, 23 apples + 13 in 80 games.

Looks like he has only missed a handful of games in the last 4 years.

55 this year

11 games missed in the last 3.5 years.

Maybe Miller is hurt more then we think, McQuaid always seems to be injured here and there.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Slight Overpayment but it is the Trade Deadline after all and this is what happens. Remember we traded a 3rd and a 5th for JM Liles.The fact is it's going to be a late 3rd rounder and much easier to swallow with the depth of our prospect pool right now.

Holden isn't great but not as bad as people make him out to be and is a left handed d which is something we needed. Good experience and Depth for the playoffs.

Now hang onto our 1st and 2nd rounders unless it's an impact player.

I think Liles is a great comparison. Holden is bigger than Liles and can play both sides, but I would expect a similar impact on ice. We don't want him to see the ice. But, we will. And it won't be catastrophic when we do. Unlike with Postma.

Reactions: HackeyFanz

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Atleast it's not a 1st for Maroon& depth wins in the playoffs.

Only hoping he doesn't play minutes he hasn't earned because he was traded for.

Reactions: minpind

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't like Holden and I don't really care about the trade but I don't like the value and this is something I constantly feel annoyed about with Sweeney trades.

Defensive depth is fine but you could pick up a bottom pairing D for a third from tons of teams. O'Gara is still a solid prospect whose probably worth a third on his own.

There is no way Holden is worth this much. Even if the third and O'Gara never pan out we shouldn't be bending over this often.

Go look at the list of UFA rental LD from the speculated sellers.

Wasn't much to chose from this year.

Better a UFA than a depth LD with term.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Every time Sweeney makes a trade like this he's less likely to trade a top 9 player for a bag of cheetos. You should all be tweeting at him congratulating him for this deal.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
One thing is for sure, there is almost certainly another transaction coming. I'm pretty sure Bruce said yesterday that Killer was very close to returning (tonight, maybe?) and there's no way they're going to carry 9 defensemen

edit- I'm also pretty sure they're at the roster limit so something has to give today

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Anything to keep guys like Tommy Cross from seeing ice time in the playoffs is fine by me. I still get PTSD thinking about last year's injuries on D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad