Confirmed with Link: TRADE: Bruins get Nick Holden from NYR for Rob O'Gara and third round pick

DrJustice

Dec 1, 2014
Boston, MA
I'm not convinced he is better than Tommy Cross though

I'd rather play Holden in the playoffs, but he just doesn't seem that good.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
This thread is cracking me up. A big part of the Bruins success this year has been their D men's ability to move the puck and skate. Bruins add a depth D guy that can do that from both sides in exchange for a 3rd and a guy that was going to have zero chance to make the deal and Sweeney sucks? I just don't understand at all. If you aren't going to go big for a McD or whatever, this is exactly exactly exactly the guy they should have been targeting. Have people already forgotten Cross playing in the playoffs last year?

Last edited:

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Zac Rinaldo is an NHLer.
Yes he is and is playing a specific role in Ariz and doing it well. Not sure what your point is. Funny how fast some fans forget the issues the Bs had last year in the PO with dmen, they go get one and now the sky is falling. I am betting people will change their tune on this guy once he gets into the Bruins system. With all the kids in the system the team is not going to miss a third rounder which should be around 90th

Reactions: Strafer

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
I wouldn't say that Sweeney payed steep price. After the 1st two rounds in most drafts its pretty much a crap shoot drafting 17 and 18 yr olds and trying too predict their development.

I like it! Gives the Bruins another NHL defenseman and you can never have enough.

Reactions: TCB

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
O gara would have never been anything in Boston. Zboril probably passed him, they anticipate lauzon UV and Lindgren will too. O gara was probably gone either way. So it’s basically a 3rd for Holden. Not a horrible move for a guy that can play 3rd pairing right now and is potentially an upgrade over Grizz

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
It's not better than the Rinaldo deal.

Nope. I'd rather have OGara over Holden nevermind the third.

Well now he's an ex-Bruin property so I'm sure we'll read otherwise now.

394.jpg

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Price seems high for this guy, but you can't have too much D depth.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
I think some of you are probably overlooking something here. If Sweeney is going to fail, you want him to fail small. If he's giving away the 80+th pick in the next draft or something, there's not much to stress about. If this is a mistake it's a small one. He's capable of much much bigger mistakes with pro level trading. We should be fist pumping this.

Plus at the end of the day if Holden is comfortable on the left, we're probably a touch better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad