HYMAN - - TAVARES - - NYLANDER
JOHNSSON - - COYLE - - KAPANEN
LINDHOLM - GAUTHIER - KASSIAN

RIELLY - HAMILTON
GARDINER - HAINSEY
DERMOTT - ZAITSEV​

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Difference is age, Pulju is so much younger. It's worth giving him as shot, look at Strome since he's been traded. Much better numbers.

Oh I agree, I'd give him a shot like I'm glad we gave Lindholm and Ennis a shot this year. I dont see a high ceiling guy in Puls at all. If he's free, sure.

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Oh I agree, I'd give him a shot like I'm glad we gave Lindholm and Ennis a shot this year. I dont see a high ceiling guy in Puls at all. If he's free, sure.
I still think he can be a 50 point guy but maybe that's just me. EDM is a total train wreck so I'm not surprised with how he's doing.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Hey if you like that I know a guy you can sign for free that went #1 in 2012.

He's a 20 year old kid with tools that been in the worst organization in the entire league at developing it's young talent properly, were one of the better ones

That trade is a no brainer, we get potential upside and we clear cap space for next season, beautiful

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
He's a 20 year old kid with tools that been in the worst organization in the entire league at developing it's young talent properly, were one of the better ones

That trade is a no brainer, we get potential upside and we clear cap space for next season, beautiful

Nah. Maybe I'm wrong but we need Brown to go for a D.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
LEAFS - HURRICANES
Nazem Kadri
for
Dougie Hamilton

LEAFS - WILD
Jeremy Bracco & Leafs 2nd
for
Charlie Coyle

LEAFS - OILERS
Connor Brown
for
Zack Kassian & 4th

MARLEAU - MATTHEWS - MARNER

RIELLY - HAMILTON
GARDINER - HAINSEY
DERMOTT - ZAITSEV​

I really want Minnesota to drop out of the play-offs. There's a few guys I'd like to poach off their roster! Charlie Coyle isn't one of them though.

Jonas Brodin would look really nice playing sidekick to Morgan Rielly.

If we're replacing Kadri, I might actually just replace him with a rental this year - Eric Staal. Unless, Mikko Koivu could be had, but I bet he's not available even if they drop out.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
LEAFS - HURRICANES
Nazem Kadri
for
Dougie Hamilton

LEAFS - WILD
Jeremy Bracco & Leafs 2nd
for
Charlie Coyle

LEAFS - OILERS
Connor Brown
for
Zack Kassian & 4th

MARLEAU - MATTHEWS - MARNER

RIELLY - HAMILTON
GARDINER - HAINSEY
DERMOTT - ZAITSEV​

Can you chill with Kassian? He's not even worth the league minimum, and we are tight enough against the cap for next year as it is. We have no room to be paying an AHL-caliber player 1.8 mill... Nevermind at the cost of Brown.

People need to get over physicality. It's vastly overrated. The only time we are getting outmuscled is when we are lazy. You want to solve this physicality problem, then you hold those players accountable first.

Reactions: DictatorTots427

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Why can’t the Leafs just sign Winnik. He is the exact type of player the Leafs needs, big, physical and willing to gain that extra inch for the team.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I expect we'll have to take back something.

Something unpleasant most likely

I still think trading Gardiner and using Zaitsev on a PP unit could be an idea to boost his offensive production which in turn builds his trade value

If we continue to play like **** until the TDL anyway

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
I could potentially see it if it was like Brown + Sparks for Pul + Talbot. I think Dubas would still do that...

He is an RFA, so might depend on what hes willing to sign an extension at. If its under 2.1 million for 2 or 3 years, id be interested.
To me, this makes sense if you are convinced of a few things internally.

1) AJ is doing ok, and the concussion isnt going to be a big issue. Sometimes its a game or two, sometimes its half a season.
2) You think T. Moore can replace Brown in the lineup right now without issue.
3) If T. Moore is with the team, your sure there are enough guys in Ennis/Grundstrom/Marchment/Engval who can be called up and play legit NHL minutes if we sustain another injury or two.
4) You have either decided to move Nylander, or put one of Kap/Pulj on the left side going forward.

Id love to trade for him, and put him in the minors for the year.
Kid shows flashes of why he was drafted so high, but he needs confidence back in a major way and he needs a ton of playing time.

Hopefully with the rest of the season/Calder Cup run he can get back up to form.

Hyman Matthews Nylander
Johnsson Tavares Marner
Puljuiarvi Kadri Kappanen
Marchment Gauthier Moore

Id be pretty stoked with this lineup next year, assuming we can dump Marleau.

Rielly4

Dec 12, 2012
Puljujarvi still has some potential IMO he has shown flashes but never gets the chance to play on a good line for very long.

BudsOne

Jan 17, 2019
Puljujarvi still has some potential IMO he has shown flashes but never gets the chance to play on a good line for very long.
They have one of those players who is Good, Potential shows flashed but nevers gets a chance to play on a good line His name is Matthews

BudsOne

Jan 17, 2019
The 1st has to be lottery protected at the very least, that pick turning into a top 3 pick would be catastrophic if we traded it

I wouldn't mind getting value for Gardiner either, I can't see us doing it but I'd be thinking about it if I was the GM

I thought Zaitsev was slightly better, he still doesn't move the puck well enough for me to want to keep him

He's skating with the puck now though, it's an interesting change and he can really skate
hard pressed to move Zaitsevs contratc considering what the leafs gave him... Would be happy to get rid of him for salary dump
Simply not worth the term or money 4.5 M until 2023-24 OUCH

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
If you actually want someone decent whatever is attached to Brown will need to hold significantly more value than he's got

He seems like a good kid but he's a 25 year old 30 point winger with one more year on his deal, he's not that valuable

You don't think EDM is thinking the same thing - that they need D and scoring help? Why would they take Brown?

ChazzMichaelMichaels

Jul 10, 2014
You don't think EDM is thinking the same thing - that they need D and scoring help? Why would they take Brown?

One could say he's a 20 goal scorer that buried in a deep line-up and might excel higher up the line-up and with some PP time. I know we as Leaf fans would have thought that as recently as last year and most definitely the year before that. But ya, I'm not sure he has a ton of value at all, maybe to a team that wants a depth forward for a run who can PK and play responsible while chipping in.

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
One could say he's a 20 goal scorer that buried in a deep line-up and might excel higher up the line-up and with some PP time. I know we as Leaf fans would have thought that as recently as last year and most definitely the year before that. But ya, I'm not sure he has a ton of value at all, maybe to a team that wants a depth forward for a run who can PK and play responsible while chipping in.

he has scored 30 points only once and same goes for 20 goals. on pace for 27 points this season. It really isn't fair to even call him a 30 point winger let alone a 20 goal scorer. Im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and call him a 30 point winger but as you and others say im not sure that has a lot of value, BUT he is a good pker that should add a little value to him. I think a 1st and brown could get a decent dman (I think)

edit: 1st, Brown, Bracco (or equivalent) that seems like a good dman rental price to me.

1st=1st (obviously)
Brown= young (ish) roster player
Bracco= exciting prospect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad