Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
William Nylander for Darnell Nurse? In the last 17 games, Nurse has scored 16 points while playing 25+ a night.

So we need another LHD because?

And trade a big chip to do so why? When we'd still have massive holes on the right side?

Reactions: Menzinger

HC7

May 2, 2018
a8da86a04a.png

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
William Nylander for Darnell Nurse? In the last 17 games, Nurse has scored 16 points while playing 25+ a night.

That's because Russell, Klefbom and Sekera have / are injured.

I was really interested in Nurse, but the more I watch him play the more I see he thinks the game much too slowly.

If it was a Gardiner - Nurse swap with Leafs throwing in conditional(s) maybe.

HC7

May 2, 2018

I was really interested in Nurse, but the more I watch him play the more I see he thinks the game much too slowly.

Yeah cause Edmonton would to Nurse for Gardiner. You should get an infraction for such a stupid troll comment.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Yeah cause Edmonton would to Nurse for Gardiner. You should get an infraction for such a stupid troll comment.
:laugh:

How would you like me to answer that to make it more clear Nylander for Nurse is a non-starter?

I like Nurse, but there are better 2nd. pairing defenders I'd pursue.

Additionally, Chiarelli is hanging by a thread ... not sure there are going to be teams lining up to sign him when Oilers fire him.

You might want to do him a favour, but as a Leafs fan I'm not.

HC7

May 2, 2018

How would you like me to answer that to make it more clear Nylander for Nurse is a non-starter?

Additionally, Chiarelli is hanging by a thread ... not sure there are going to be teams lining up to sign him when Oilers fire him.

I didn't say anything about Nylander for Nurse.

I said you deserve an infraction for saying Gardiner for Nurse.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016

That would be a horrible trade for the Oilers.

If Nurse has bad hockey iq, then Gardiner is much worse

Leaffan1991

Oct 22, 2016
Canada
You would think Anaheim would be open for a trade with this 10 game losing streak.

May we entice them for a Manson and Ritchie??

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
You would think Anaheim would be open for a trade with this 10 game losing streak.

May we entice them for a Manson and Ritchie??
Why would we want Ritchie? Ducks fans hate him. Say he's hot garbage. That's coming from fans of a weak team. Don't be fooled by his size. He's not very good.

IMO, the Leafs should target Gudas and Simmonds from Philly. Add toughness and strength on the back end for a guy who has another year on his deal. Get Simmonds as a rental and see how he looks.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

HC7

May 2, 2018
Manson on pace for 20 points. Funny how everyone was trying to trade the world for him a season ago.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008

I would do Melander for Nurse in a heart beat,,,IF we have to add so be it.

TML1967

Jul 20, 2010
Has anyone heard anything about Berglund?
Wouldn't mind giving him a contract for the year if he is looking to play.

Best case scenario, he is a better version on the Goat. Faster, more physical and a ton more playoff experience.
Worst case, sign him and give him a million bucks to play in the AHL where our C depth is atrocious and let him build his game back up in case of injury.

Reactions: hockeynorth

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Bite the bullet?

Kapanen+TOR 4th for Pesce?

Zaitsev+Brown for Martinez and Clifford - Not sure how even this is? I think both these players combined beat what LA is sending us but Z's term...kind of evens it out?

Rielly-Pesce
Gardiner-Martinez
Dermott-Hainsey

We could go one step further and do Oz+3rd for Jensen at 50% - This results in us still being under the bonus potential, therefore no cap next year. Holl gets demoted, Hainsey is #7.

We keep our top 60 picks and Liljegren in this scenario. Clifford has another year after this at 1.6M and Martinez has another 2 left at 4M.

Jensen in that hyopthetical scenario walks. I don't think I have ever seen a team replace 2-3 defenseman at the TDL. I know Pittsburgh added Hainsey and Streit that one year with Letang out but I don't think Streit actually played.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Has anyone heard anything about Berglund?
Wouldn't mind giving him a contract for the year if he is looking to play.

Best case scenario, he is a better version on the Goat. Faster, more physical and a ton more playoff experience.
Worst case, sign him and give him a million bucks to play in the AHL where our C depth is atrocious and let him build his game back up in case of injury.

Failed to report to the team. He was unhappy with his playing time. 4 points in 23 games. Gave up around 12m in the process.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
The biggest thing Dubas needs to do IMO, is find a 2nd pairing RHD so Zaitsev's minutes are reduced to 3rd pairing ones.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Why on earth would you measure a defense-first defenseman by his point total.

Are you going to measure Gibsons performance by how many goals he scores this season?
it kills me how posters cannot understand that a really good defensive D man doesn't have to score goals, he has to prevent them. Anything else is a bonus........addition by subtraction.

Reactions: Duffman955
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->