Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Friedman says Pat Maroon is available.

Gimme.
very surprised that he would be on the block considering he signed a team friendly deal to be in St. Louis. Maybe he's ok with moving or his family situation isn't a concern anymore? Regardless he'd be worth inquiring about.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
very surprised that he would be on the block considering he signed a team friendly deal to be in St. Louis. Maybe he's ok with moving or his family situation isn't a concern anymore? Regardless he'd be worth inquiring about.

I would imagine playing in STL is something he wanted to do, but he probably wants to win a bit more.

He's a UFA this summer, so he can go somewhere, try to win, and then go back to STL if he wants

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Pesce is better than Z and would be paired with Rielly but I don't see a trade happening this year. Hamilton might be the cheaper option since it appears Canes prefer to move him and keep Pesce.
part of the appeal of getting Pesce is he's under contract for several more years (5?) and I agree, he's head and shoulders better than Zats, cheaper too.

Reactions: RLF and ToneDog

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
We do have the space but it will likely take cutting some secondary cap hits out like probably Brown and/or Zaitsev. It will depend on the extensions though.

I don't understand at all why people think we need to move Nylander or even Kapanen. We really don't.

i have 0 interest at all in moving Kappy , unless he wants a stupid contract.

ok, just so i have this straight Gards is gone and Zaits is gone next season and our top 4 D are

MR--------top pair RHD we traded for
Derm-----?
Rosen----ozy

7th is holl or borg or ?

ok,, i am running with your premise

now what i need is a ball park of assets we used to get a quality top pair RHSD

and who is taking Zaits 20+ mins a night on RHSD 2nd pair.

See to me there is no redundancy with our RHSD , we are making a hole to fill a hole

IMO we have a redundancy in top 6 RW i am more then happy to have Kappy run the next 8 years on Mattys line.

Reactions: ImpartialNHLfan

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Why not? You think adding Maroon will drastically make us better for the 2nd/3rd round pick and probably prospect it will take? I certainly don't think so. Making a move for the sake of one isn't a good strategy. Might as well hold on to future assets, and use them to draft a good prospect or maybe make a move in the summer.

Muzzin and Hamilton are out there. That's not a bad start to the D market. In a couple weeks, you'll have more names available from teams that are holding on to hope right now.

It's up to Dubas to dig in and find what is actually needed for this team to be able to take the next step. I will be very disappointed if all he can do is throw a 2nd round pick for a winger that will play close to 4th line minutes.

Boyle is a UFA , i don't mind a little more C depth

Reactions: TheGreatOne11

Hotel Mario

Feb 4, 2013
Thunder Bay
- If the Leafs are looking for an RD, re-acquiring Roman Polak (if Dallas struggles) is an excellent idea. Polak provides the physical presence that the Leafs NEED heading towards the playoffs. Is Gardiner any better at handling the puck, all things considered?
- For players with term, Milan Lucic is worth considering assuming some salary retention. Perhaps a change of scenery will help him find his game again.
- Enough small guys without an ounce of guts in their bodies, we need men. At minimum more Zach Hyman (playoff) type players are required

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
- If the Leafs are looking for an RD, re-acquiring Roman Polak (if Dallas struggles) is an excellent idea. Polak provides the physical presence that the Leafs NEED heading towards the playoffs. Is Gardiner any better at handling the puck, all things considered?
- For players with term, Milan Lucic is worth considering assuming some salary retention. Perhaps a change of scenery will help him find his game again.
I have no words.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
- Enough small guys without an ounce of guts in their bodies, we need men. At minimum more Zach Hyman (playoff) type players are required
Oof. Adding bad players is a bad idea even if they're big

barilko05

NHL FAN
Jan 28, 2011
I have no words.

I do.

Yikes.

That's a word, right?

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
I would prefer Pesce because he is cheaper and younger.... but I’m not sure he’s a significant upgrade.

Defensively he is a massive upgrade over Zaitsev, and well ahead of Hamilton too. Hamilton is better offensively.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I have no words.

I do, but if I wrote them I'd be permanently banned

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Let’s target...
Duncan Keith
Radko Gudas
Wayne Simmonds

1. Isn't going anywhere. He took that deal to be a Hawk for life. He delivered everything you'd want if you're Chicago. He's going to retire there.

2. Very open to it, depending on the cost, even more so if they retained.

3. Cost will be high relative to what he is now. I've caught a few Flyers games lately. He's a shell of his former self.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
via Mirtle. Tampa, Boston, and Montreal are 3 of the smallest teams in the league. Anybody wanting big physical guys that can't skate should really take a look at who we'd be playing first round of the playoffs.

Just upgrade on Hainsey and close the gap between the RD and RW going for stretch passes and we can best anybody in this division.

Attachments

• IMG_20190110_043559.jpg
    IMG_20190110_043559.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20190110_043604.jpg
    IMG_20190110_043604.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 5
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad