Not open for further replies.

member 147413

If Leafs win tonight...

Liljegren++ for Pietrangelo

If Leafs lose tonight...

Nylander for Tanev

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
Parayko + Anderson would go a long way to fix a tone of problems on the leafs.

Rielly - Parayko
Top pair is going to be amazing.

Anderson can slot in anywhere in the forward lines to add some net presence, board play, possession and toughness.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto

Rielly - Parayko

Anderson can slot in anywhere in the forward lines to add some net presence, board play, possession and toughness.
Both would be nice but would cost a lot. I dont see any reason for Columbus to trade Anderson and I think Pietrangelo would be a more realistic target. I think Parayko would probably cost more cause of his contract.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Both would be nice but would cost a lot. I dont see any reason for Columbus to trade Anderson and I think Pietrangelo would be a more realistic target. I think Parayko would probably cost more cause of his contract.

Pietro had hand surgery recently, no? When is he expected to return?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
I just hope we don't see a boatload of trades that don't take into consideration the cap, and performance. bonus carryover. The Leafs are into position they need about equal outgoing money.

Duncan Keith? Is this just a TV head talking trying to get air time? It's 2018.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
I'm curious to see Pavel Zacha play tonight, it's been awhile. Having been sent to the minors once already this year, having but 4 points (all goals) in 26 games and as I understand, is defensively reliable, I wonder if he could be a target for a trade. A big body at 6'3'' who skates well, who hasn't blossomed in NJ to this point, would he look good on the left side of our 4th line with Gauthier and Brown? 2 big bodies, all 3 defensively reliable and a chance for him to start over with a sheltered role...might he respond well to the challenge? And should he do so, it might go a ways towards shoring up our lack of C after Matthews, Tavares and Kadri in the next few years.
Further, is there a D on NJ who might be packaged with Zacha to help shore up the RD on the Leafs? Severson would be one choice, but I've read he's not defensively reliable. Mirco Mueller, would he be worth consideration? Or might we return to the Vatanen days of discussion?

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
Not saying I agree with Keith move. I don’t at all, too much term.

Just wondering how others felt

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Thoughts on nurse to leafs?
And if yes what would it take?

Would replace gardiner on 2nd pairing and be a nice presence when games get physical and low cap for 2 years allows Marleau and hainsey contracts to run out. Ig ever needs to be traded could still get nice return

Also allows dermott and sandin to continue to develop at the right pace and not rush

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
Thoughts on nurse to leafs?
And if yes what would it take?

Would replace gardiner on 2nd pairing and be a nice presence when games get physical and low cap for 2 years allows Marleau and hainsey contracts to run out. Ig ever needs to be traded could still get nice return

Also allows dermott and sandin to continue to develop at the right pace and not rush

I'm not ready to pony up the franchise-saving assets it would take to acquire him.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Keith? 4 more years after this at 5.5, no thank you.
If chicago ate 50% i might think twice about. If he retires before the deal is done thehawks are on the hook for the cap recapture.

His game fits the leafs style. Still can skate and make very good exit passes.

2.75 million replacement for Gards is not bad

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
If chicago ate 50% i might think twice about. If he retires before the deal is done thehawks are on the hook for the cap recapture.

His game fits the leafs style. Still can skate and make very good exit passes.

2.75 million replacement for Gards is not bad

Fair points made. However, I'm adverse to paying a 36+ Dman when the legs start to go. I've loved Keith over the years, but argue his best are behind him and better than him can be acquired/developed.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Stay away from 35 year olds with 4 year contracts.

The Hawks won't retain 50% for 4 years either.

EDIT: I'm a little harsh on Keith but I don't see how the Hawks retain and that's the only way the Leafs even remotely are interested. Maybe Keith at ~3.5-4M would be really good behind Rielly in the grand scheme of things. I'm just skeptical he can play at a high level for that long.

Last edited:

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009

Rielly - Parayko

Josh Anderson boat has sailed. He's producing too damn well for CBJ to trade him.

Reactions: FishManSam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->