Trade and Free Agent Discussion Thread - 2018/2019 Season v1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
This team needs some heavier, skilled wingers. Not a Lucic, but skill.
Rantanen,Tkachuk,Simmonds,Debrusk,etc. type.
Some, not all.
We are too light on the wall with pretty much the same makeup down the wings.
Not an entire team, but 1 or 2.
Matthews IMO, could really use a PWF.

dubplatepressure

Jul 10, 2007
I actually like both these deals alot. Kreider is big and fast. Manson could log alot of minutes, and be a good stay at home dman. And McQuaid is a big body to clear out in front of the net on the PK. I dont feel the value is too far off on these deals either, maybe a few tweaks. But I like this.

Except neither team would do those deals... They (perhaps heavily ) favour Toronto.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Pulling our leg ?
Not really.
Before Chia offering those 8 yrs deals to players fresh off ELC, all players sign for 4-6 so called bridge deals before hitting it big on their 3rd contract. I really see nothing wrong with that. To me, ever since Chia did that, players and fans seem to believe that it is an insult if teams don’t offer 8 yrs deal to their star players.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
By 'he' I meant Holl. I think Gauthier stays with the Leafs full time, but it may be tough for him to get the ice time he's getting now. I think he gets to draw in before Ennis now though, which means he should still get a lot of ice time, but he's a 13th forward once Nylander comes back.
Actually, I think AJ/Ennis is the 13th spot, once Willie comes back.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Not really.
Before Chia offering those 8 yrs deals to players fresh off ELC, all players sign for 4-6 so called bridge deals before hitting it big on their 3rd contract. I really see nothing wrong with that. To me, ever since Chia did that, players and fans seem to believe that it is an insult if teams don’t offer 8 yrs deal to their star players.
4 - 4.5 - 5 is the norm for bridge deals for very good players.

5.5 - 6 not so much.

You have a very strange definition of team friendly deals...

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
4 - 4.5 - 5 is the norm for bridge deals for very good players.

5.5 - 6 not so much.

You have a very strange definition of team friendly deals...
When I said 4-6, it meant 4-6yrs not 4-6mil.
I think only Stamkos was the only one who had his 2nd contract over 7mil

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Which of Kreider or Zuc is a dump? Id take either one with the appropriate pluses. Kreider checks a lot of boxes for us on the ice.
Don’t think we need Zuc and consider him to be a dump. Kreider is good but Rangers need to add

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Any Ranger deal involving Willy has to include Kreider I think. He fits a huge need for the team.

We could also be looking at something smaller too, like a McQuaid.

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Any Ranger deal involving Willy has to include Kreider I think. He fits a huge need for the team.

We could also be looking at something smaller too, like a McQuaid.
Not unless Kravtsov comes with him Kreider is too old a piece to trade 22 year old still developing nylander

Last edited:

Bloomberg

Jun 20, 2014
This team needs some heavier, skilled wingers. Not a Lucic, but skill.
Rantanen,Tkachuk,Simmonds,Debrusk,etc. type.
Some, not all.
We are too light on the wall with pretty much the same makeup down the wings.
Not an entire team, but 1 or 2.
Matthews IMO, could really use a PWF.

I agree. I thought that was the reason the Leafs drafted Korshov, but is he even coming over to NA? I would take a flyer on Bennett, don't know what Calgary would want for him though.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I agree. I thought that was the reason the Leafs drafted Korshov, but is he even coming over to NA? I would take a flyer on Bennett, don't know what Calgary would want for him though.
Bennett doesn't have the appropriate skill (IMO) to be a regular top 6 forward.
Although if he can play heavy along the wall it's a start.
I said the same thing last year and it holds true now.
Marleau, Marner, Nylander, Brown, Lindholm, Ennis, Kapanen are not heavy to play against. For a player with exceptional speed, Kapanen is not in on the battle enough.

When teams stop you from using speed through the neutral zone, what do you do next?

rumman

Sep 10, 2008
Whats wrong with the Goat he has been playing with a mission as of late and he is 6'5 something that we sorely lack on this team, and don't say he is slow because he has been in on many fore checks and hot pursuit of the puck, hell the 4th line has been the only consistent work ethic line shift in and out
Love me some GOAT, I always hoped he'd be able to crack the Leaf line up, doesn't look out of place imo, and that's saying something with the speed the Leafs play with!

Reactions: Cobra777
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->