Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
No, sign a vet to a 1 or 2 yr deal at a low rate as a placeholder or trade for someone offensively gifted

Plan a is trade for a young center that fits the offensively gifted criteria, plan b is stay the course sign a vet placeholder that may help a little, and let marat or khovanov build a year or two, (maybe draft another center this year) and then crack the lineup.
That is the issue though, who wants to trade us an offensively gifted center? If we can sign Danault for a shorter term as a 2/3c and allow him to relieve ek of the shutdown role to an extent it would also allow us to groom Rossi khovanov Marat and beckman(if he is a center, saw he is playing it currently). By no means is he the center I want in my top six right now as he doesn’t score a lot but with the options that seem to be out there and just simply for faceoff prowess alone I don’t see him as an awful fit unless we overpay for too long which we have shown in the past to do. Maybe if it’s a 5x5 with no NTC/NMC then we can at least use him to groom the pups and trade him once they are ready.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I Might see Seattle not taking Suter, but the actual cash paid out to the end of his contract is very low, making it attractive, though I don't think that Seattle will be a team with cash issues.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
The main “pro” for Danault has always been cost. No 1st rounders going away, no Dumba, just cap space. He has his cons as well, and those have been expressed a number of times too.

There are a number of other options I’d have ahead of him, but I also recognize that the reasons I’d want are the same ones that they’d have to keep them. If it’s between Danault or going with Rask again, it’s a really easy decision, IMO, even if it’s not the most ideal.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The main “pro” for Danault has always been cost. No 1st rounders going away, no Dumba, just cap space. He has his cons as well, and those have been expressed a number of times too.

There are a number of other options I’d have ahead of him, but I also recognize that the reasons I’d want are the same ones that they’d have to keep them. If it’s between Danault or going with Rask again, it’s a really easy decision, IMO, even if it’s not the most ideal.

That assumes that we have to be trying our hardest to win a Cup next season, and I don't think that's true.

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
It's not zero sum....you never really know which move is going to be the one to matter. Agreed that on paper, Danault isn't "going for it" but if a team can put these current centers on the ice and play this well (usually) then who knows? Incremental increases might be better than a couple splashy moves.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
It's not zero sum....you never really know which move is going to be the one to matter. Agreed that on paper, Danault isn't "going for it" but if a team can put these current centers on the ice and play this well (usually) then who knows? Incremental increases might be better than a couple splashy moves.

Yes, But how much more is RNH going to make than danault in FA? Its prob not a huge difference... If youre going to sign one of the two, i say grab the better offensive one. Even if it cost 1-2mil extra

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I like Danault a lot especially if the price is right. He’s not my number one guy though, Forsure. If it’s me, I’m going after Ryan Strome. After pacing for 70 last year, he’s on pace for 75 this year.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I like Danault a lot especially if the price is right. He’s not my number one guy though, Forsure. If it’s me, I’m going after Ryan Strome. After pacing for 70 last year, he’s on pace for 75 this year.

Playing with ap.
He has 1year left on his contract
Not 1c
Expansion draft coming up . You don't add a player like Ryan strome who will be another problem on the plate to solve for expansion

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Playing with ap.
He has 1year left on his contract
Not 1c
Expansion draft coming up . You don't add a player like Ryan strome who will be another problem on the plate to solve for expansion
Panarin has been out and he was still producing. He has 1 year left on his deal, that’s why he won’t be super expensive, and we can resign him.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
No Ryan Strome. It will not start or end well. He is in the perfect situation in NY, and his production is going to crater the moment he leaves.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
No Ryan Strome. It will not start or end well. He is in the perfect situation in NY, and his production is going to crater the moment he leaves.
I’d best on him not lacing for 75 points in Minnesota, but I’d also probably bet on him being able to be a 55-60 point guy. That’s appealing to me

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Panarin has been out and he was still producing. He has 1 year left on his deal, that’s why he won’t be super expensive, and we can resign him.

He's looking for 7-9mil per year. Maybe he's changed his mind, but you don't add on to the plate / problems for wild. Panarin has returned for a while now

Trading for Ryan strome means one of Joel Eriksson Ek, or fiala is getting exposed

4 & 4
Parise
Zuccarello
Fiala
Joel Eriksson Ek

4& & W Parise Waiving
Greenway/ foligno
Fiala
Joel Eriksson Ek
Zuccarello

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
He's looking for 7-9mil per year. Maybe he's changed his mind, but you don't add on to the plate / problems for wild.

Trading for Ryan strome means one of Joel Eriksson Ek, or fiala is getting exposed

4 & 4
Parise
Zuccarello
Fiala
Joel Eriksson Ek

4& & W Parise Waiving
Greenway/ foligno
Fiala
Joel Eriksson Ek
Zuccarello
There’s a lot of ways the cookie could crumble and I’d like to know who your source is for Strome wanting 9M

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
I think we do need to have a real conversation about what it might take to get Ryan Strome, though. They’ve gotta resign Zibanejad and it sounds like they’re going to push for Eichel. Strome is a good powerplay guy, a righty, and a good puck distributor. He checks a lot of boxes for what we need.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think we do need to have a real conversation about what it might take to get Ryan Strome, though. They’ve gotta resign Zibanejad and it sounds like they’re going to push for Eichel. Strome is a good powerplay guy, a righty, and a good puck distributor. He checks a lot of boxes for what we need.

Question is, would we have to extend him blind, based entirely off of his Ranger play? Would we get to see ~2-3 months with us first?

There's no real equity between the parties there that would/should give him 2nd thought about squeezing us for what he can, staring at UFA and after we (probably) had to give a 1st round pick to get him.

But, giving up a 1st+ and giving him upwards of $7ish million isn't all that bad if you're expecting to free up Dumba's $6 million and get a 1st+ for him.

If we could get him cheaper just being a 3rd team facilitator in a NYR/Buffalo deal, all the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad