Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
If we're going to be paying him over 30M I think we should be able to expect more from him than just defense. Especially with Eriksson Ek being quite capable of being an extremely similar player and playing an extremely similar role. We do need offensive centers eventually.
I’m not paying him that much

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Ek - Danault - Rossi has the potential to be a pretty solid top 9 that wouldn’t break the bank. If it allows us to retain the top 4, I think you pull the trigger on it. Adding Danault, Rossi, Boldy, and Addison/Menell to this roster could be something. I don’t think it’s possible unless Parise or Rask is bought out though. If Parise doesn’t waive for the ED, I’d buy him out in a heartbeat.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m still in on Danault if it’s a ~5x5 sort of thing, but also not as a Plan A. Problem is, he’s never been a PP contributor and we need that in the worst way.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I know Reinhart hasn't played center a lot, but he's an upcoming free agent that may only take a small bridge contract with Buffalo.

Everyone is focused on Eichel, but I got to wonder if Buffalo isn't willing to move Reinhart first. I think he's a bit underrated in Buffalo and while, no he hasn't had the eye-popping numbers with 65 points as his highest...I got to wonder what his price tag is? And if he isn't willing to move back to center?

Kaprizov - Rossi - Reinhart?

1st + Greenway + ?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I know Reinhart hasn't played center a lot, but he's an upcoming free agent that may only take a small bridge contract with Buffalo.

Everyone is focused on Eichel, but I got to wonder if Buffalo isn't willing to move Reinhart first. I think he's a bit underrated in Buffalo and while, no he hasn't had the eye-popping numbers with 65 points as his highest...I got to wonder what his price tag is? And if he isn't willing to move back to center?

Kaprizov - Rossi - Reinhart?

1st + Greenway + ?
Gross. Just gross.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yessss, entirely unspectacular UFA middle six wingers, just what we need

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Gross. Just gross.

Reinhart is in a pretty bad situation in Buffalo and has played both center and right wing in his career, which is where Minnesota is extremely weak at. Reinhart isn't going to come cheap as he's the only one outside of Eichel that's playing well in Buffalo.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reinhart is not a Center at the NHL level. BUF gave up on that experiment years ago. He is a C like Nylander is.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Reinhart is in a pretty bad situation in Buffalo and has played both center and right wing in his career, which is where Minnesota is extremely weak at. Reinhart isn't going to come cheap as he's the only one outside of Eichel that's playing well in Buffalo.
You may say he's everything the Wild need, but he's a meh player and I hope we're not giving up prime assets for a meh player.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
danault = no, no, no, and finally no.....

Signing him is essentially adding another ek when we need a offensively gifted center... signing him would be a gigantic mistake as it will cost you a large amount of cap that we need, not give us the offensive production from the c we need, and block one of our prospects from playing 2c for the next 3-4 years...

If youre going to block one of our prospects you do it for a 1c or a 2c thats offensively gifted. our team is already a defensive powerhouse, we dont need more defense.

just end this terrible fantasy already, its a terrible idea.

Reactions: Filip Karlsson

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
I know out of our prospects to deal with some value Beckman is one of the likely candidates we would Part with but something tells me he's going to be a good player and I want to hold my shiny toys to myself. No sharing.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Reinhart is not a Center at the NHL level. BUF gave up on that experiment years ago. He is a C like Nylander is.

He's also a right wing, which Minnesota doesn't really have a ton of. I also wouldn't put a lot into Buffalo's development of players and prospects.

You may say he's everything the Wild need, but he's a meh player and I hope we're not giving up prime assets for a meh player.

How is he a meh player? He's a 20+ goal scorer, barely a year older than Kaprizov and is in a pretty bad situation in Buffalo. I'd like to see what he could do with some offensive talent other than Eichel.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Signing him is essentially adding another ek when we need a offensively gifted center... signing him would be a gigantic mistake as it will cost you a large amount of cap that we need, not give us the offensive production from the c we need, and block one of our prospects from playing 2c for the next 3-4 years...

If youre going to block one of our prospects you do it for a 1c or a 2c thats offensively gifted. our team is already a defensive powerhouse, we dont need more defense.

And what if we play him as a solid 3c winning faceoffs well above 50% while allowing ek and Rossi to be our 1C and 2c? Is that not good enough or do we need a straight our prospects only center lineup

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

So what’s your Plan A, B, etc...?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
And what if we play him as a solid 3c winning faceoffs well above 50% while allowing ek and Rossi to be our 1C and 2c? Is that not good enough or do we need a straight our prospects only center lineup

No, sign a vet to a 1 or 2 yr deal at a low rate as a placeholder or trade for someone offensively gifted

So what’s your Plan A, B, etc...?

Plan a is trade for a young center that fits the offensively gifted criteria, plan b is stay the course sign a vet placeholder that may help a little, and let marat or khovanov build a year or two, (maybe draft another center this year) and then crack the lineup.

Filip Karlsson

Oct 6, 2020
If we are gonna pay both Danault & JEE 5+m we'll be in cap hell. 10m for middle 6 C's. Much rather stay the course and develop the young guys if we can't land an offensively gifted Top 6 C

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
How would you handle the ED, then?
Suter and Parise need to waive, and then Soucy is gone. Or you lose Dumba and use his cap space to re-sign people.

Wild will lose Dumba or Soucy regardless. But goal would be to not lose them both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad