Speculation: Trade and Free Agency Talk XLIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
It comes down to the contract for me 4 years at 5 million is the most id give him. We’re an ideal for for him, so maybe he’s intruiged. I really like the player. You don’t need a ppg center man if Fiala/Kaprizov are what they’ve been, 50 point, selke caliber player is a welcome addition while we continue to build in my book.

Kaprizov - Rossi - Fiala (100% OZ and NZ starts)
Boldy - Danault - Zuccarello (secondary defense matchups, offensively capable)
Greenway - JEE - Foligno (primary defensive matchups, grinding forecheckers)
Parise - Sturm - Hartman (very capable 4th line)

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Yeah that a situation where I'd be excited going into next year. Danault is a legit 2C, so to plop him onto the roster would be really nice. I do think Rossi will spend the first 10 games or so in Iowa, though.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012

I'm thinking Hartman may price himself out of Minnesota after the season. Could (or should) we pay a 4th liner ~$2.5 million AAV...especially when we have a $7.5 million 4th line player on the LW?

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
Hanzal wasn’t really a solution for us, whereas these guys were for their teams. And Demitra was ~15 years ago.

you said we hadnt traded for a top 6 center and were the only team in the division not to.. i named 2.

I thought Hanzl was considered a #3C?

for us, but he was top 6 at arizona at the time

Last edited by a moderator:

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
I'm thinking Hartman may price himself out of Minnesota after the season. Could (or should) we pay a 4th liner ~$2.5 million AAV...especially when we have a $7.5 million 4th line player on the LW?

Agree here. Don't see anyway Hartman is on the team next year. Flat cap, combined with career season and arbitration rights = far too much for a player we would ideally want on the 4th line.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
he wasnt a top 6 for us, but he was 2c when we aquired him... just because we didnt play him in the top 6 didnt mean he wasnt one.

The fact that he was a 2C in Arizona is irrelevant. He was a 2C in the same way Victor Rask is a 2C for us...out of necessity, not because they are looked at that way across the majority of the league. I doubt most teams would look at Rask as a 2C just because he plays that role for the Wild.

Reactions: TwiztedHeat

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
The fact that he was a 2C in Arizona is irrelevant. He was a 2C in the same way Victor Rask is a 2C for us...out of necessity, not because they are looked at that way across the majority of the league. I doubt most teams would look at Rask as a 2C just because he plays that role for the Wild.

hanzal and rask arent even in the same ballpark as players and comparing them is almost offensive to hanzal.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Don't make Hanzal out to be anything more than he was.....his career numbers aren't much better than Rask's.
Hanzal was good player, but very injury prone. Doesn't matter how good you are if you aren't on the ice.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
But does he make Strome expendable?
I'm not sure where they're at with Strome right now. Borgstrom seems like too much of a wildcard to make any NHL'er expendable, but I don't know how strongly Strome factors into their plans either way. Adding some prospect depth can't hurt, though.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
We are talking about replacing Rask.

JEE is on pace for 43 points in 82 games.

Hartman is on pace for 42 points in 82 games.

Both are terrible at faceoffs, but they are very difficult to play against. Guerin and Evason both like their games, and both contribute a lot to the Wild's new identity. Unless Hartman tries to break the bank, they will be the likely 2nd and 3rd line centers next year.

Is Guerin really so concerned about giving Rossi a run at the 1st line center spot when he has the talent and ability to do it? He just removed the blockers from JEE and Greenway, and that has been rewarded. He may try again.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
We need to curb all trade talks and focus on money and contracts for our runs.

Fiala is playing himself into his career contract and we are giving one to kap regardless. Ek is showing development and little by little raising that floor for his extension. He has center org need leverage.

Greenway has his own leverage for his game as does Kahko.

We need to figure out their deals and what we have to work with for next year while planning for expansion simultaneously.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I'm not sure where they're at with Strome right now. Borgstrom seems like too much of a wildcard to make any NHL'er expendable, but I don't know how strongly Strome factors into their plans either way. Adding some prospect depth can't hurt, though.

I don't see Borgstrom or Stillman as prospects. This is just a bizarre trade. Borgstrom and Stillman are 23, but that's on the older part of the prospect scale.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't see Borgstrom or Stillman as prospects. This is just a bizarre trade. Borgstrom and Stillman are 23, but that's on the older part of the prospect scale.
Older, but the door hasn't closed at 23. We've got multiple guys playing this year that didn't make the NHL until that age or later.

I agree that it's kind of an odd one for Chicago, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad