Proposal: Trade: Alex Kerfoot for Luke Glendening or David Kampf

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
And cup winners don't have as good #1 and 2 Cs as we do. It's not that simple of an analysis. All teams have strentghs and weakneses.
Is Jason Dickson, really better as #3 C for the cup finalists? Look at the crappy centres for "Cup contender" Vegas... Have you really looked at some of these centres on "Contenders"?

It's an eye test response, and it's not specifically about cup winners with bad 3C's. I do see your point. I'm also not down on Kerfoot because he was the guy in the Kadri trade.

If you factor in Johnsson playing game 5 vs. CBJ, TOR had $10.1 million tied up on their 3rd line. With all that invested in the 3rd line they didn't make a difference (yes I know our big 4 didn't score), so I don't really know the answer.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Haula or Soderberg at 1mil would be fine replacements if we can get value for Kerfoot. If we're dumping him for a 5th with salary coming back, what's the point? His value will be higher in a year that he doesn't play half of with a full face shield and can eat solid foods.

Reactions: Its not your fault

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
And cup winners don't have as good #1 and 2 Cs as we do. It's not that simple of an analysis. All teams have strentghs and weakneses.
Is Jason Dickson, really better as #3 C for the cup finalists? Look at the crappy centres for "Cup contender" Vegas... Have you really looked at some of these centres on "Contenders"?

Matthews, Tavares, Kerfoot, Thornton, That's good.. Real good.

No but the Stars had team buy in to the plan which our group has never even pretended to do

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
No but the Stars had team buy in to the plan which our group has never even pretended to do
They are a very old team that finally had a playoff run after years of not getting it done. Leafs were 3rd youngest out of 24 teams.
The Stars were given time to slowly improve without their fanbase screaming for them to trade early 20;s elite talent. And Seguin and Benn are worse contracts than any players on the Leafs. I'm not sure Stars will have another run in them due to their ages.
And now we are off topic anyways about how Kerfoot isn't good enough to be 3C on a contender.

Last edited:

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
It's an eye test response, and it's not specifically about cup winners with bad 3C's. I do see your point. I'm also not down on Kerfoot because he was the guy in the Kadri trade.

If you factor in Johnsson playing game 5 vs. CBJ, TOR had $10.1 million tied up on their 3rd line. With all that invested in the 3rd line they didn't make a difference (yes I know our big 4 didn't score), so I don't really know the answer.
I was not a fan of that 3rd line and it wasn't based on stats. Just too much of the same on that line. Dubas did what I wanted. I only wanted Kerfoot to stay.
What will make this team successful is Matthews, Marner, Nylander 1 year older.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Management wants him here. He has a role on the team.

He's not expendable.

What? You realize that Marleau was traded last offseason so that Kap and Johnsson could be kept around. If they are expendable I'm sure Kerfoot is.

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
I think Luke Glendenning a lot more than most, but he's a 4th liner at this point.

I might trade Kertoot for Kampf. Kerfoot is a little better, but Kampf at 1.0 is a steal. He won't score as much, but he's more of what we need in the bottom 6 - good defensively, good PKer, strong on face-offs.

Reactions: 123offtheglass

qqaz

Think Happy Thoughts
Oct 25, 2018
What? You realize that Marleau was traded last offseason so that Kap and Johnsson could be kept around. If they are expendable I'm sure Kerfoot is.

You don't see a difference between last offseason and now? *looks around at the world*

With a flat cap, and internal replacements, Kapanen andand Johnsson were expendable. But Kerf plays C, and Dubas clearly likes him. He's here because he was the one they wanted to keep.

Reactions: Northernguy10

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
Marleau was hands;down the most useless player on the Leafs and had to go. You never keep him over players 15 years younger and much better than him.
6.25 for a washed-up 39 year-old jesus. Disaster of a contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: Northernguy10

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
You don't see a difference between last offseason and now? *looks around at the world*

With a flat cap, and internal replacements, Kapanen andand Johnsson were expendable. But Kerf plays C, and Dubas clearly likes him. He's here because he was the one they wanted to keep.

That offer for Kapanen as well was just too good to pass down and wouldn't have happened any other time.
Vegas trades Nate Schmidt for a 3rd and Dubas gets 15th overall and Hallandar for his 3rd line RW.

Last edited:

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Marleau was hands;down the most useless player on the Leafs and had to go. You never keep him over players 15 years younger and much better than him.

What is this? This has no bearing on this discussion.

You are in on Dubas vs. Lou debates like flies on shit, but that's not happening here.

There's no need to go into other topics and post things unrelated.

I hope you can find comfort, stability, and health some day.

KyleDubasBoyGeniua

Nov 20, 2020
What is this? This has no bearing on this discussion.

You are in on Dubas vs. Lou debates like flies on shit, but that's not happening here.

There's no need to go into other topics and post things unrelated.

I hope you can find comfort, stability, and health some day.

Marleau was a part of the discussion.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
OR if you REALLY want Glendening you could probably get him at the deadline for a 4th and not trade Kerfoot.

If I'm trading Kerfoot for a rental make it the Savard deal that was appearently on the table at least then you shore up the top 4.

Rielly Savard

Muzzin Brodie

If you trade Kerfoot for a rental that's the rental because that is an incredible top 4

Reactions: 123offtheglass

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto

That's not my point. Marleau was moved and a 1st round pick was offered for CAR to take his contract. Kap and Johnsson were part of the organization for a while. Dubas had to create a lot of moving parts in order to keep them on the roster. You can't just say that they were both expendable and Kerfoot is not expendable. Kerfoot is very average as Kap/Johnsson will likely have greater careers. In no way Dubas believes Kerfoot is untouchable.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He didn't 'have to go'. Dubas chose to pay the tax and move him, there was no gun to his head, he's a big boy and makes his own decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad