Trade advice

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
So I'm in a keeper league with 30 teams. You can only keep 4 players as well as one pick that was taken in the 10th round or later. Stats are very simple 1G or 1A both = 1 point, G's get 1 point for a W 1 point for a SO. Its Daily scoring basically. My current dilemma is I have;

Jeff Carter
Niklas Backstrom (Center)
Slava Voynov
Erik Karlsson
Jeff Skinner

as candidates for regular keepers and I have

Brandon Saad and Cory Conacher as 10th+ guys.

I intend on keeping Saad and Shopping Conacher + one or 2 of my potential keepers for a better player. Currently JvR is on the block and the guy needs a 10+ guy. My question to you all is, would you package Conacher + who else to get JvR. Mind you I can't keep all of the guys listed as well and I have no intentions of keeping Conacher anyway. I'm tossing around Skinner or Carter as guys I intend to try to trade or eventually have to let go of anyway. I plan to definitely keep Voynov, Karlsson, and Backstrom.

So Basically my question is, is JvR better then Carter and Skinner right now.

I'm reading Skinner could likely start on the 3rd line this year and he wasn't super productive last year. The only thing he has going for him IMO is age but I don't know if its enough of a factor against JvR who could potentially be getting top line minutes and isn't OLD either. Then there's Carter. He's fairly inconsistent playing on a defense first team that is stacked and is 28 years old. In the long run I believe JvR could be a better option then him. JvR has boom or bust potential and I really think he could turn into something. The other option is letting Voynov go and keeping whoever I don't trade between Carter and Skinner which I'm also tossing around as an option. I'm pretty good in the draft especially with forwards which is the reason I was going to keep 2 d-men I can go into the draft and concentrate on what I'm good at.

pumademon

Jul 3, 2012
i like Carter and would keep him. I've owned Skinner and he's streaky and injury prone. So i'd move Skinner for sure.

rkoroll

Feb 1, 2013
If Skinner can get the deal done I would do it - is his team in enough need to have Skinner as one of his keepers?

batman78

Aug 14, 2011
I'd take JvR over Skinner for sure, but it's close between him and Carter. Not sure that would be an upgrade. If it is, it's slight.

You might want to consider trading Voynov, just because his value is up (and could easily go back down). If you trade Skinner, you won't get much (but I guess you're dropping him anyway, so getting anything is better than nothing). Carter, sure, you'll get something there, but his value is also maybe a tad low.

So obv the package is Voynov/Skinner or Carter/Skinner. Could also throw in Conacher and try to go three for one.

But yah, as for getting JvR for that, I don't know about that. Seems like you might be able to do better. If that's the best you can find, you might be better off just keeping Carter and not making any deal. At least you wouldn't be helping anyone else then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad