TPS Shafts

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
Well i've been needing a backup and wanted to experiment with a whippier stick for when im not playing in traffic. Also looking at shafts so i can add an ABS blade for when i play roller hockey. With that said, an email arrived today getting me 60% off of TPS related products. Wrist protectors, blades, shafts, ops, etc. (PM me if you dont have the hockeygiant code).

I wouldn't normally make a thread about this but I figured some people might also be interested if they knew about this huge discount and I'd rather the word get out around HF before other places.

http://www.hockeygiant.com/hockey-c...tps-store---shafts-tps-store---sr-shafts.html

So, from not assuming that the most expensive is the best of the bunch there, anyone got opinions? I can't find much on TPS shafts other than the whip flex launches rockets.

Also opinions on TPS blades? any ABS or ice blades too since there's a variety of roller/ice players around here and because personally i'll grab a blade for both =p. (i just know im going to frustrate myself switching the blades on and off) Patterns and curves are of importance obviously. So if anyone knows a curve closest to Sakic. maintaining the 5.5 lie would be good.

blades: http://www.hockeygiant.com/stick---...-blades-senior-hockey-replacement-blades.html

anyway this is mostly a heads up and discussion. 60% off is huge. PM me if you want the code and use it at checkout for the discount.

edit: code is tps67 and it only works on the cs2 redlite shaft (which is now only available in stiff flex), the crossfire blade, and the wrist protectors.

Last edited:

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Not too familiar with the TPS products........any idea on the weight of this shaft? I know the XN10 Redlite is the lightest standard shaft at 250g, but how about the C2 Redlite. Couldn't find any specs on this one, found a foreign site that listed the shaft at 350g, but that seemed a bit much.

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
TPS shafts are some tanks durability wise. Ive had one for about 7 yrs that has taken some absolute abuse. Pretty much the only shafts I'll use.

Lotus as far as the blades go just depends on what you are looking for material wise. Closest thing TPS has to the Sakic is the Nash. Almost an exact clone.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
Sucks that it's only valid on 4 items...wanted to go for the control/grip shaft, but it's only valid on the normal C2. Wouldn't mind getting a blade either, but just getting that mean I'll get ***** on shipping. Code I got is 'TPS67' if anyone really wanted something and didn't wanna wait on a PM

lotus

Jul 22, 2006
New York
Sucks that it's only valid on 4 items...wanted to go for the control/grip shaft, but it's only valid on the normal C2. Wouldn't mind getting a blade either, but just getting that mean I'll get ***** on shipping. Code I got is 'TPS67' if anyone really wanted something and didn't wanna wait on a PM

only reason i didnt post it here was because now people can google it and they'll run out of products fast.

edit: it may only be on the redlight cs2, but that seems to be the most popular anyway. Well that, the blade, and wrist-protector products.

looks like it is only the cs2 shaft, the crossfire blade, the wrist protectors. Pretty lame, all they got left is stiff flex's now anyway tho =o. Still a good deal for those who want the stiff flex but I hear that thing is awfully hard to shoot with.

Last edited:

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Only issue I've had with TPS is that they "break in", and get even whippier after a few hours of use.

TBLfan

Nov 25, 2005
Tampa, FL
tblfan.wordpress.com
Only issue I've had with TPS is that they "break in", and get even whippier after a few hours of use.

Newer TPS sticks seem to also start off stiffer, so when they break in they aren't drastically whippier than expected.

For example I have a x-stiff flex redlite that started feeling like a 105-110 but now feels like a 90 flex. And I have a XN10 OPS that is a regular flex(95) that feels like a 100-105 flex... it hasn't been broken in yet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad