NHL Entry Draft: TP's Full 7 Round Mock Draft

Raskolnikow

Jun 19, 2018
Let's have some fun! With the 194th selection of the 2020 NHL Draft the Minnesota Wild select enigmatic winger Lukas Svejkovsky from the Medicine Hat Tigers in the WHL.

1 (9) C Anton Lundell
2 (37) C/W Brendan Brisson
4 (101) D Samuel Johannesson
5 (132) D Ethan Edwards
6 (163) C Benjamin Baumgartner
7 (194) W Lukas Svejkovsky

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

Carl182

Mar 31, 2019
Let's have some fun! With the 194th selection of the 2020 NHL Draft the Minnesota Wild select enigmatic winger Lukas Svejkovsky from the Medicine Hat Tigers in the WHL.

1 (9) C Anton Lundell
2 (37) C/W Brendan Brisson
4 (101) D Samuel Johannesson
5 (132) D Ethan Edwards
6 (163) C Benjamin Baumgartner
7 (194) W Lukas Svejkovsky
You can't go wrong with NHL bloodline in the 7th!

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
Damn it, Chlubna, Tellstrom and Desroches were 3 of the 6 remaining players for my last two picks.

TribalPhoenix

Former TribalPhoenix
Dec 2, 2005
Toronto
Apologies for the delay, folks; didn't get home until 630pm, then spent 90 minutes on the phone with my sister (her birthday today on the other side of the country).

:leafs

With the 195th overall selection, the Toronto Maple Leafs select, from the Dubuque Fighting Saints of the USHL, center Ty Jackson

@uncleben is up next

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
I actually somehow overlooked him :banghead:

he was my highest ranked undrafted on my list for a while now, apparently, but I guess I just kept scrolling past him I guess, assuming that part of my list was filled in!

Reactions: emptyNedder

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
With their final pick the Oilers select, from Dynamo Krasnogorsk of the VHL, Ivan Didkovsky.

Ivan-Didkovskiy-Team-Russia.jpg

:edmonton
1 (14) Connor Zary - CAN - C - Kamloops (WHL)
3 (76) Carter Savoie - CAN - LW - Sherwood Park (AJHL)
5 (138) Oskar Magnusson - SWE - LW/C - Malmo (SHL)
6 (169) Luke Prokop - CAN - RD - Calgary (WHL)
7 (200) Ivan Didkovsky - RUS - C/W - Dynamo Krasnogorsk (VHL)

Thanks all, will post a draft recap later today. @themelkman is up next! PM sent.

Last edited:

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
The Philadelphia Flyers select with the 202nd pick, from Linköpings, Elliot Ekmark.

23. Jacob Perreault, RW, Sarnia, OHL.
54. Tristen Robins, C, Saskatoon, WHL
116. Thimo Nickl, RD, Drummondville, QMJHL
147. Jacob Truscott, LD, University of Michigan, NCAA
178. Isaak Phillips, LD, Sudbury, OHL
202. Elliot Ekmark, C, Linköpings, SHL

@ManByng is up.

Reactions: Reginald Dunlop

ManByng

It's Me OilTastic
Aug 4, 2009
St. Albert, Alberta
:blues Selects LHD Mason Lohrei

will PM next GM

(26) C Marat Kushnidinov
(87) C Blake Biondi
(88) RW Zayde Wisdom
(119) RHD Robert Calisti
(146) RHD Mason Langenbrunner
(150) RW Petr Hasek
(203) LHD Mason Lohrei

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan Kelly

Reginald Dunlop

Apr 8, 2014
:edmonton

1 (14) Connor Zary - CAN - C - Kamloops (WHL)

-With Quinn, Jarvis and Askarov gone I attempted to trade down with no takers. I am still happy with Zary here as bpa, probably like him more than most. I don't not see his skating as particularly poor and think he could be a more skilled Bo Horvat.

3 (76) Carter Savoie - CAN - LW - Sherwood Park (AJHL)

-Dynamic offense, one of the best shots in the draft. Might be my favourite pick based on pure value, think he also fits a need on the left side as a 1 shot scorer. Could be a steal with work on conditioning and consistency.

5 (138) Oskar Magnusson - SWE - LW/C - Malmo (SHL)

-Again simply tried to take the most skilled player available. Great junior numbers in Sweden, some utility on the PK as well, more well rounded than most small, skilled forwards at this age.

6 (169) Luke Prokop - CAN - RD - Calgary (WHL)

-Continuing a theme of local/Western Cdn boys that was by no means intentional, I was very happy to get Prokop here. I see him as similar to Mike Kesselring (Oilers 6th Rd pick in 2018) due to size R shot, excellent mobility and untapped offensive potential while being known for his defensive side. Might be great insurance if both Phil Kemp and Kesselring go the Marino route, tho that is hopefully very unlikely.

7 (200) Ivan Didkovsky - RUS - C/W - Dynamo Krasnogorsk (VHL)

-Again quite surprised he was on the board here. Very dynamic offensively while the work ethic and tenacity on both sides of the puck are discussed often in his scouting reports. Versatile, able to play all 3 fwd positions with an apparent edge to his game despite his relatively small stature.

Overall was pleased with the amount of skill and versatility I ended up with, with the exception of the more 1 dimensional Savoie (but what a dimension it is!) and would be pretty excited with a similar draft for my Oilers. Thanks again all, cheers!

ShotDownInFlames

May 16, 2015
ALBERTA
Calgary selects Bear Hughes

will pm next gm

1(19) - Dylan Holloway C
2(50) - Luke Evangelista RW
4(96) - Daemon Hunt D
5(143) - Adam Raska RW
6(174) - Hugo Styf D
7(205) - Bear Hughes C

Ad