WWE: Toxicity and turmoil surrounding NXT and Triple H

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Starting a new thread on this, with the new observer out, highlighting the power struggle regarding NXT, with Triple H being blamed for it and losing more control. I’ve said this a few times but the loss of the war definitely threatened Hunter’s status of heir apparent to Vince and all the old cronies are back to take their places back.

424B093B-BE43-4EA0-AFC2-21A57E27ECEF.jpeg

As it were, Karrion Kross is the latest of ‘Triple H’s guys’ and upon signing was to be fast tracked to the top, and then to the main roster. Now, unlike guys like Adam Cole, Kross was never nor is really over in NXT, but he was still booked to be a monster and ran through everybody. Then he got called up as the champion to lose to Jeff Hardy.

Originally it was said to be a storyline, where Scarlett joins him and reveals age has his powers, but apparently it was more an effort to bury NXT. Same with Dakota Kai losing to Aaliyah on Main Event (which no one is watching but Aaliyah was in NXT for 6 years and never pushed)
7FE2A44A-6D41-4D29-A6EF-A49055A868B0.jpeg

Bronson Reed was also cut essentially because Vince was unimpressed with his dark match and this there was no point to keep him in NXT.

Reactions: Kaner9

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Starting a new thread on this, with the new observer out, highlighting the power struggle regarding NXT, with Triple H being blamed for it and losing more control. I’ve said this a few times but the loss of the war definitely threatened Hunter’s status of heir apparent to Vince and all the old cronies are back to take their places back.

View attachment 461031

As it were, Karrion Kross is the latest of ‘Triple H’s guys’ and upon signing was to be fast tracked to the top, and then to the main roster. Now, unlike guys like Adam Cole, Kross was never nor is really over in NXT, but he was still booked to be a monster and ran through everybody. Then he got called up as the champion to lose to Jeff Hardy.

Originally it was said to be a storyline, where Scarlett joins him and reveals age has his powers, but apparently it was more an effort to bury NXT. Same with Dakota Kai losing to Aaliyah on Main Event (which no one is watching but Aaliyah was in NXT for 6 years and never pushed)
View attachment 461032

Bronson Reed was also cut essentially because Vince was unimpressed with his dark match and this there was no point to keep him in NXT.

They had two matches and Dakota won a week ago.

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
It’s not really fair on NXT to compare them to AEW. Look at the rosters of each and tell me that it is a fair fight. Hell if WWE even just gave NXT the wrestlers who they got rid of then NXT would be a whole lot better. Triple H is doing a great job with NXT and it is Vince that has to go.

Wrestling fans today care more for technical moves and high flying over Vince’s love for big muscular monsters of men.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
What’s funny is that they didn’t lose the war so much as they took their ball and went home. If they “lost the war” then NBA games are over when it’s 2-0

Reactions: Jussi

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah I think Dave is being worked. NXT will see minimal changes to how it's booked, and HHH will be painted as a smark hero for keeping NXT pure.

I don't believe for one second Prichard and Dunne have more sway, or are pulling the wool over the eyes of Vince's son in law and the husband of the CBO in Steph.

Also Dave reported two weeks ago that Vince didn't give a rats ass about AEW and gladly would send them talent they had nl use for, but now he is so super concerned about it?

Meanwhile Dave spent all day on twitter getting clowned on for how he keeps downplaying Roman's cancer. His best sources in WWE were Jericho and Flair, and both are gone.

SRS is a overly sensitive bitch on twitter, but it's clear he has better sources in WWE at this point then Dave.

Dave is either getting fed rubbish, or is flat out guessing.

Reactions: Kaner9 and Jussi

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
What’s funny is that they didn’t lose the war so much as they took their ball and went home. If they “lost the war” then NBA games are over when it’s 2-0
They “lost” when USA moved them to Tuesdays in anticipation of needing that slot when NBCSN is dissolved. If NXT was strong enough, they wouldn’t, they still get better ratings than NHL games but the whole thing was about not letting AEW off the ground, and they got a new TV deal after like 3 months, so for WWE’s purposes they had already lost. NXT also didn’t draw a younger audience, in fact I think it’s older than Raw and Smackdown. I’ve been to takeovers I don’t know how that is because a lot of the people in the building were still generally around my age.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I think Dave is being worked. NXT will see minimal changes to how it's booked, and HHH will be painted as a smark hero for keeping NXT pure.

I don't believe for one second Prichard and Dunne have more sway, or are pulling the wool over the eyes of Vince's son in law and the husband of the CBO in Steph.

Also Dave reported two weeks ago that Vince didn't give a rats ass about AEW and gladly would send them talent they had nl use for, but now he is so super concerned about it?

Meanwhile Dave spent all day on twitter getting clowned on for how he keeps downplaying Roman's cancer. His best sources in WWE were Jericho and Flair, and both are gone.

SRS is a overly sensitive bitch on twitter, but it's clear he has better sources in WWE at this point then Dave.

Dave is either getting fed rubbish, or is flat out guessing.
What Dave did was allude that WWE made more of Roman having cancer than what it was. When he did the research he said that it was the same type of leukemia that Jason Blake had when he played for the Ducks, and Jason Blake didn’t take time away since his oral chemotherapy that didn’t necessitate that he did and he said as much. So that’s when people jumped down this throat for writing that he didn’t need the standard hours-long chemotherapy so it wasn’t as bad even though he took the time off from WWE.

He’s not getting worked on the NXT stuff because others are writing about it too. He hardly ever breaks these big stories anymore, he’s almost never first.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
More excuses and fall guys from Mr. Mack-man. AEW will draw more ratings than NXT because AEW is the most viable competitor to the entire Titan crumbling empire. Trying putting on an actual wrestling show with guys from the main roster and bring up the best of NXT and see what happens. Maybe, shocker, a good wrestling show will help Mr. Mack-man. Walter is the best in the business right now. He is flagship material, baby.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
They need new ideas so lets give Bruce Prichard more control. Kind of explains why the product is garbage.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Megahab

Apr 30, 2009
Toronto
Nxt is not the problem. Wasting nxt wrasslers when they get called down to the main roster is the problem. More Vince aint fixing that. Bruce Prichard? lol

Seriously how many NXT guys actually are/were better off on the main roster? WWE Network era onwards so not counting the Shield or Wyatt. Charlotte and Becky Lynch are the only ones I can think of.

Sega Dreamcast

party like it's 1999
May 6, 2009
Charlotte
"The idea is that Levesque had stocked NXT with too many wrestlers who had no main roster potential, in his being quick to sign independent talent as fast as possible if they showed potential, to stockpile and keep from AEW."

That's a really dumb criticism for multiple reasons.

First of all, WWE has been poaching talent for how many decades now? Yet now suddenly it's a problem, despite the company being as profitable as it's ever been.

Second, claiming that someone has no main roster potential doesn't make it true, especially when damn near every NXT callup got summarily buried without a chance to get over. Just a little bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy there.

I've never been a fan of Triple H, but he clearly has a better grasp of the business than Vince and his stooges. He at least has enough sense to try to build stars in NXT, meanwhile the main rosters haven't built a new star in years and piss away all this talent that gets gifted to them.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
"The idea is that Levesque had stocked NXT with too many wrestlers who had no main roster potential, in his being quick to sign independent talent as fast as possible if they showed potential, to stockpile and keep from AEW."

That's a really dumb criticism for multiple reasons.

First of all, WWE has been poaching talent for how many decades now? Yet now suddenly it's a problem, despite the company being as profitable as it's ever been.

Second, claiming that someone has no main roster potential doesn't make it true, especially when damn near every NXT callup got summarily buried without a chance to get over. Just a little bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy there.

I've never been a fan of Triple H, but he clearly has a better grasp of the business than Vince and his stooges. He at least has enough sense to try to build stars in NXT, meanwhile the main rosters haven't built a new star in years and piss away all this talent that gets gifted to them.
That's not a criticism, it's a 100% accurate summary of what Vince and his McOphants think.

Reactions: Sega Dreamcast

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Of course Vince is on a mission to.kill the single best thing his company has going for it.

HHH has proven that he is a great wrestling mind. He made a promotion that was wildly popular, had great wrestling storylines based in competition, made countless stars and put on amazing actual wrestling matches.

It's no surprise the "minds" on the main shows had no clue what to do with actual wrestlers that could cut their own promos and sell their own matches.

Let's hope Vince dies before the company goes the way of WCW

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Seriously how many NXT guys actually are/were better off on the main roster? WWE Network era onwards so not counting the Shield or Wyatt. Charlotte and Becky Lynch are the only ones I can think of.

tbh I thought NXT Wyatt was even the most compelling version of Wyatt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad