Tours roller blades

member 30781

Im starting to play roller hockey, and from what I heard, Tours are extremely comnfortable skates. If any of you have Tours, could you give some pros and cons about them. Also I wouldnt mind some websites on where I can find great prices for Tours. THanks

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Check Ebay for some cheap Tours. I've heard about some Chassis bending issues with the Code 1 skate, but the code 2 is supposed to be exceptional. If you want to keep costs down the Beemers and Bluemax should be cheaper, but are still supposed to be a very good skate.

member 30781

I am looking to spend around 125-200 dollars. Thanks for the info, but I need more websites than just eBay.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Hockeygiant.com
hockeymonkey.com

those usually have good sale on close-out skates. I think I saw the Tour's on both a little while ago.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
HockeyGiant and HockeyMonkey both have good deals on TOUR skates. I've worn TOUR skates for the past four years and love them. I will be purchasing a new pair of skates within the next year and they will definitely be TOUR. I have a wide foot and wore Mission and CCM skates prior to switching over to TOUR and I have to say that TOUR's boot is wider and much more comfortable than either Mission or CCM (although the CCM's I wore were manfactured about 8-9 years ago). I would highly recommend TOUR skates to anyone looking, especially if you have a wider foot.

Something that's key to skating with TOUR skates though is that the skates are designed to provide maximum ankle support, but also mimic the "Past Vert" technology of Mission skates as well. If you want maximum ankle support (you will not be able to bend your ankles) lace your skates up all the way to the top. If you would like more bend in your ankle...stop lacing up your skate one from the top (my preference). If you would like a lot of ankle bend...stop lacing up your skate two from the top. This makes a world of difference, try it.

member 30781

SLake said:
HockeyGiant and HockeyMonkey both have good deals on TOUR skates. I've worn TOUR skates for the past four years and love them. I will be purchasing a new pair of skates within the next year and they will definitely be TOUR. I have a wide foot and wore Mission and CCM skates prior to switching over to TOUR and I have to say that TOUR's boot is wider and much more comfortable than either Mission or CCM (although the CCM's I wore were manfactured about 8-9 years ago). I would highly recommend TOUR skates to anyone looking, especially if you have a wider foot.

Something that's key to skating with TOUR skates though is that the skates are designed to provide maximum ankle support, but also mimic the "Past Vert" technology of Mission skates as well. If you want maximum ankle support (you will not be able to bend your ankles) lace your skates up all the way to the top. If you would like more bend in your ankle...stop lacing up your skate one from the top (my preference). If you would like a lot of ankle bend...stop lacing up your skate two from the top. This makes a world of difference, try it.
Thanks, just what I needed. Do you purchase your skates off of hockey giant or hockey monkey? Are the skates cheaper if they are from a few years back?

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
FoppaMan21 said:
Im starting to play roller hockey, and from what I heard, Tours are extremely comnfortable skates. If any of you have Tours, could you give some pros and cons about them. Also I wouldnt mind some websites on where I can find great prices for Tours. THanks

get missions...

member 30781

Im looking for something more comfortable, from what I have been hearing, TOURS are the most comfortable. I am not going out to play on a team, just to practice.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
ive had a lot of problems with mission chassis in the past. they usually make a comfy boot though. i used to ref in d2's. they were like hushpuppy's. i have tour beemers now, i love the one wheel size old school feel. pretty good skates all around. the best skates i ever owned were the nexed stingers. they were light, supportive, and lasted me over 3 years. thats 2 years longer than any other skate ive ever owned. i play and ref a lot so i beat my stuff up. thumbs up on the nexed stingers.

raskolnikov

Sep 13, 2005
LI
two years ago i bought a pair of red maxx? but ended up returning them because i tried on nike quest shadow's on a whim to see how nike's felt. the difference in price is quite significant (the ones i have are now 109 on hockey monkey) and i have nothing but positive things to say. i have used them in different leagues as well as outdoors on cement rinks and even just casual skating. i felt my foot was much more comfortable with the nike's as well. im sure the tour's are lighter and all that jazz but if your going for comfort and price, check out the nike (and bauer's too) most sporting stores should have more of a selection of them than tour's as well. try them on and order online. i would not recomend ordering something without trying on. the only time i ever wore missions, they were terrible. a friend has a pair of them and the screw just randomly falls out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->