tourney mvp/all star team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
ar_emihcrd said:
Well, he's sucked most of the season so far.
Ask any goaltender that moves from Europe to North America, they have to change their positioning and style of game to fit the rinks and the North American game. I remember an article that stated Ari Ahonen had alot of trouble trying to gauge where he was in relation to the net. He was player of the week in early december so I think he is turning his game around. Look for a strong tourney.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
Crosby,Bergeron or Phaneuf for Canada
O'Sullivan for the U.S.
Ovechkin for Russia
Tukonen for Finland

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Gonna go out on a bit of a limb here:

Radulov-Olesz-Eriksson
Barker-Suter
Rask

All 7 from different countries ;)

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
neg marron said:
name the players from each team worthy of the honors

for canada it's a toss up from stewart, crosby, dawes, and an outside shot with belle and carter

now who else is worthy from all the wjc's teams

You're right, Belle is a long shot.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
neg marron said:
name the players from each team worthy of the honors

for canada it's a toss up from stewart, crosby, dawes, and an outside shot with belle and carter

now who else is worthy from all the wjc's teams
I think you have a bias towards black players.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
Jacobv2 said:
I think you have a bias towards black players.

Just playing devil's advocate here....but would that mean that all of us who list the usual suspects for the all-star team(Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Phaneuf, Suter, etc.) have a bias against black players? I think not.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
Several different ways you could go here for all teams:

Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Olesz, Bergeron, Kaspar, Tukonen, Schremp, Perry, Stewart, O'Sullivan, Kostiystin, Ruzicka, Karaha, etc..

I think some players may surprise with great play though being:
Zagrapan
Belov

Not for the all star team but in terms of surprising ppl in general:
Kessel
Frolik
Joensuu

They're gonna be great.

So my allstar team:
Malkin-Ovechkin-Bergeron
Phaneuf-Suter
Montoya

Best players from each country:
USA-O'Sullivan, Montoya
CAN-a bunch, Specifically, Bergeron, Phaneuf
RUS-duh, Malkin, Ovechkin
SWE-Nilsson
FIN-Tukonen, Rask
CZE-Schwarz, Olesz
BEL-Kostsytsin, Karaga
SVK-Zagrapan, Meszaros
GER-?????

Olesz IMO could surprise some people. :teach:

Sammy*

neg marron said:
i wasn't aware sidney crosby, patrick o'sullivan and jeff carter were black thanks for the update :joker: :joker: :joker:
They arnt, but given virtually everything you ever post is about a black player,and Dawes, Stewart & Belle are black, it really doesnt take a whole lot to connect the dots

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
My list of best players

Tukonen, Olesz, Carter, Crosby, Bergeron, Fritsche, O'Sullivan, Malkin, Ovenchicken.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Sammy said:
They arnt, but given virtually everything you ever post is about a black player,and Dawes, Stewart & Belle are black, it really doesnt take a whole lot to connect the dots

Maybe it's pride and not predjudice (or neither). So what's your point? It's not like Dawes, Stewart and to some degree Belle, all returning players, haven't shown some potential to make the allstar team in a tournament that hasn't even started. If you don't agree ask him to defend his choices instead of himself.

Just my $.02 (overpriced as it may be)

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Goalie: The two obvious choices are Montoya and Schwarz but I am looking for Jaroslav Halak to have a good tournament. The Canadian goalie, whoever it turns out to be should have a good tourney due to the stingy defence in front of him.

Defense: Suter and Phaneuf are the two top defensemen in the tournament without a doubt. I look for guys like Lyamin, Fransson, Weber, Meszaros and possibly Smid to perform well. I could see Kindl being somewhat of a disappointment.

Forwards: This tournament certainly doesn't lack top end talent up front. The list is endless: Crosby, Bergeron, Carter, Stewart, O'Sullivan, Fritsche, Ovechkin, Malkin, Radulov, Olesz, Tukonen, Nokelainen, Korpikoski are all candidates to be named to the all-star teams. Sleeper picks that I can see doing damage are Voloshenko, Perry/Colliton, (whoever plays with Crosby and Bergeron is bound to rack up points) MacCarthur, Petruzalek, Callahan, Ruzicka, and Eriksson.

My tournament all-star choices would be:

Montoya

Suter-Phaneuf

Ovechkin-Bergeron-Crosby

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
neg marron said:
i wasn't aware sidney crosby, patrick o'sullivan and jeff carter were black thanks for the update :joker: :joker: :joker:
I'm not just talking about this thread. I'm talking about in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->