Tournament wrap-up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain Dude

Rabid Ranger said:
Please detail what happened with sources.

Tkachuk blatently hit Simon Gange into the boards from behind, looking at the numbers the whole time in Game one of the preliminary rounds, it was the same play that Jovo got hurt.

He also hit, I believe it was Gonchar into the boards from behind in their prelim game against the Russians, he was assesed a 2 minute penalty for it.

chicpea*

Mountain Dude said:
Tkachuk blatently hit Simon Gange into the boards from behind, looking at the numbers the whole time in Game one of the preliminary rounds, it was the same play that Jovo got hurt.

He also hit, I believe it was Gonchar into the boards from behind in their prelim game against the Russians, he was assesed a 2 minute penalty for it.

Maybe the ESPN cameras don't show Tkachuk's play off the puck? :dunno:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Mountain Dude said:

I'm not talking about his elbows. I know he threw some cheap shots, like just about every other player in the NHL. If that's all you're focusing on than we're looking at things from a differant angle.

Mountain Dude

Rabid Ranger said:
I'm not talking about his elbows. I know he threw some cheap shots, like just about every other player in the NHL. If that's all you're focusing on than we're looking at things from a differant angle.

They aren't elbows when you hit someone from behind. What are you talking about?

Hits from behind into the boards are the dirtiest play in all of hockey, and Tkatchuk is a dirty player, and it doesn't surprise me that he does it.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Mountain Dude said:
Hits from behind into the boards are the dirtiest play in all of hockey, and Tkatchuk is a dirty player, and it doesn't surprise me that he does it.

I went to every game played in Canada, and I now know who is the dirtiest player in hockey - he's also the tallest. Chara never misses an opportunity to push heads into the boards after a check, knee guys when they're down, spear when the refs not looking, and poke dudes in the face during scrums with that 9 foot reach.

That circus freak needs a leash. :(

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Rogalo said:
Maybe in a years time I might find out we did not stand a chance against the Candians in the WC 04. Outplayed, outshot and slaughtered in the end :lol

Not sure why I bother, but let me get this straight. You are still trying to argue that a team that won two games, and lost in the semis, is a better team than the team they lost to - a team which won six games, including the championship game. hmm..... :help:

Jeez, I give up with you Rogalo. Please pretend I'm not here.... :banghead:

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Mountain Dude said:
They aren't elbows when you hit someone from behind. What are you talking about?

Right, the Gagne hit. Yeah, that's never been done before.... :shakehead He received a 2 minute MINOR, let it go.

Wazoo

Sep 12, 2004
Michigan
www.motoralley.com
Tkachuk is a tool

Loads of talent...but a major tool -- not too bright on the ice (can't comment about him off the ice). Consistently takes stupid penalties when he could dominate by staying out of the box and simply use his size (a la Thornton) to his advantage. Easy to get off his game...just a little chinmusic and he'll throw the elbow. Maltby has perfected Tkachuk baiting into an art form.

Also...enjoyed seeing Canada play poorly...and win against the Czechs. Don't recall who said it, but if you have great goalkeeping, it's ok to let your goalie win a game. And a good wake up call for the final...

P.S. I'm not Canadian...

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
MooseHunter said:
You don't understand that he was suspended by the NHL do you? In order for him to play in the WCH he would of had to have permission from the National Hockey League because the World Cup of Hockey is played in the NHL format. That's exactly why Wayne Gretzky didn't select Todd Bertuzzi for Team Canada, because he's suspended. :shakehead

The Karalahti issue has been debated ad nauseaum, but just for a quick reality check: he received what was supposed to be another six-month suspension for substance abuse in August 2002. That's more than two years ago. During his time in NHL, he was suspended several times. Without pay. Not just that, but he couldn't ply his trade in Finland for an entire season when he returned home. It is not entirely unreasonable to suggest he has done his time and paid his dues.

Karalahti's suspension in WCH had nothing to do with substance abuse. It was NHL's way of getting even with a player who didn't play by their rules, ancient history though it may have been. NHL suits got a memory like an elephant. Sure I understand Preds were not too happy with the deal that sent Ronning to LA for essentially nothing, however that's life. It's not the first business deal gone lopsided, not in NHL or elsewhere. What followed has been quite unique though.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
mpdman said:
Not sure why I bother, but let me get this straight. You are still trying to argue that a team that won two games, and lost in the semis, is a better team than the team they lost to - a team which won six games, including the championship game. hmm..... :help:

Jeez, I give up with you Rogalo. Please pretend I'm not here.... :banghead:

You must have some malfunction my friend :shakehead I already wrote my part about what I thought about the semis. Canada won thanx to Luongo and more luck. There was not any other difference between the teams. Anyone who saw the game (which seems quite strange you count yourself among them) has to agree. My last post was not about the Czech team being better but your very peculiar (I like this word) way of altering hockey history. But if you want to live in your little world where Canada "sloughters" everyone who comes close to the rink, fine by me...It´s your choice. I rest my case. We can now happily ignore each other :banana:

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Rogalo said:
Canada won thanx to Luongo and more luck. There was not any other difference between the teams. Anyone who saw the game (which seems quite strange you count yourself among them) has to agree.

Well, first of all, not only did I see the game, but I was there (along with every other game in Toronto AND Montreal).

Now was it luck or Luongo? I've always thought that luck comes from hard work, but I'll give you that. Hey, I said before, the Czechs deserved to win that game - just sucks to be them, I reckon...

If your premise was the Czechs are a Better Team, but that Luongo was really good....well...last time I checked, the goaltender is actually PART of the team. In fact he's usually on the ice for the entire game (take a look next time you watch a game of Ice Hockey. He's the guy with the puffy padding...).

Rogie, let's just assume you have just smoked a rank hoolie, and can't see things straight right now. Peace out meh man, and good luck coming down....maybe my new avatar will help... :innocent:

Last edited:

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
Everytime Canada wins a tournament there are some Europeans who claim that Canada was a) Lucky or b) Cheated/played dirty hockey to win.
Even at the World Championships I hear this.
Their reasons may differ but their conclusions are the same. "Canada did not deserve to win."

Of course when Canada loses it is because of one thing. "Canadians have no skill!" :shakehead

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
mpdman said:
Well, first of all, not only did I see the game, but I was there (along with every other game in Toronto AND Montreal).

Now was it luck or Luongo? I've always thought that luck comes from hard work, but I'll give you that. Hey, I said before, the Czechs deserved to win that game - just sucks to be them, I reckon...

If your premise was the Czechs are a Better Team, but that Luongo was really good....well...last time I checked, the goaltender is actually PART of the team. In fact he's usually on the ice for the entire game (take a look next time you watch a game of Ice Hockey. He's the guy with the puffy padding...).

Rogie, let's just assume you have just smoked a rank hoolie, and can't see things straight right now. Peace out meh man, and good luck coming down....maybe my new avatar will help... :innocent:

Pretty big post for someone who wants to be ignored :bow:
Let me guess - you´re the type that has to have the last word right? That´s great - I´m like that too... :banana:

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Rob said:
Everytime Canada wins a tournament there are some Europeans who claim that Canada was a) Lucky or b) Cheated/played dirty hockey to win.
Even at the World Championships I hear this.
Their reasons may differ but their conclusions are the same. "Canada did not deserve to win."

Of course when Canada loses it is because of one thing. "Canadians have no skill!" :shakehead

Good post Rob :lol: Are you one of those Canadians who thought that in 98 it was the size of the ice and bad system (penalties)? :) And btw: Canada did deserve to win...the final game

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
I thought that the Czech Republic was the best team in 98 and deserved to win Olympic Gold. Some Canadians and Russians said that it was just because of Hasek but the goaltender is part of the team. The Czech Republic was number 1.

So please don't use Luongo as an excuse! Your team lost fair and square.

Rogalo

Sep 9, 2004
Copenhagen
Rob said:
I thought that the Czech Republic was the best team in 98 and deserved to win Olympic Gold. Some Canadians and Russians said that it was just because of Hasek but the goaltender is part of the team. The Czech Republic was number 1.

So please don't use Luongo as an excuse! Your team lost fair and square.

Canada´s better goalkeeping in that game is not an excuse. Especially his humiliation of Hejduk was tremendous. I wonder why it irritates you so much :dunno:

What do you have in mind with "fair and square"? Even though I believe we should have had at least one more PP in the 3rd period, the refs were OK...That´s the only thing that comes up to my mind when you mention fair and square.

Rocky Saginuts

Jul 21, 2004
Hamildump, Ontario
Rogalo said:
Pretty big post for someone who wants to be ignored :bow:
Let me guess - you´re the type that has to have the last word right? That´s great - I´m like that too... :banana:

You're a funny dude Rogie, I like ya. Why not use your talents for good, instead of evil? :cheers:

Guess we've killed this topic. Go ahead and have the last word if you wanna... :deadhorse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->