WJC: Tournament Awards & All-Star Team

Jesus Christ Horburn

Aug 22, 2008
Which players do you think will be named top forward, top defenseman and top goalie?

Who will be named tournament MVP?

My predictions:

Top Forward: Brayden Schenn
Top Defenseman: Dmitri Orlov
Top Goalie: Jack Campbell

MVP: Brayden Schenn

ORYX

Mar 2, 2008
If Canada wins Gold...

F-Schenn (Although if Johansen does more then Schenn this game you could easily make an argument for him, he has been more dominant then Schenn in games against tough teams and the games that matter, pretty much all schenns points came in round robin)
D- Orlov
G-Visentin (numbers speak for themselves)

If Canada doesnt win Gold....

Change Goalie to Jack Campbell

TheFountainhead

Red Nation
Sep 8, 2008
Washington, DC
If Canada wins Gold...

F-Schenn (Although if Johansen does more then Schenn this game you could easily make an argument for him, he has been more dominant then Schenn in games against tough teams and the games that matter, pretty much all schenns points came in round robin)
D- Orlov
G-Visentin (numbers speak for themselves)

If Canada doesnt win Gold....

Change Goalie to Jack Campbell

I could see either Tarasenko or Kuznetsov sneaking in and winning top forward if either has an outstanding game tonight and Russia wins gold, but otherwise I agree with this.

scream_guy3

Nov 7, 2006
Why is everyone picking Campbell as Goalie? I've been to every single game and I can honestly say no goalie has impressed me as much as Benjamin Conz. Just look at how much shots he faced per game. He kept Switzerland in every game. They had no business being close in a lot of those games. I can't say the same for Campbell, who wasn't really tested until the Semis.

dystemper

Oct 28, 2009
who i think SHOULD get it:

1. johansen
2. orlov
3. conz

who i think WILL get it:

1. schenn
2. orlov
3. campbell

Ward Cornell

Dec 22, 2007
Why is everyone picking Campbell as Goalie?
I've been to every single game and I can honestly say no goalie has impressed me as much as Benjamin Conz.
Just look at how much shots he faced per game. He kept Switzerland in every game.
They had no business being close in a lot of those games.
I can't say the same for Campbell, who wasn't really tested until the Semis.

For me it's either Conz or the Russian goalie (sorry, I can't find the correct spelling of his name).
I may give the edge to the Russian goalie since he got them to the gold medal game.
But I have zero issues with Conz.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Yeah I can see that Schenn has been putting up massive numbers but in my book Ryan Johansen has been the best forward on team Canada and in the entire tournament. Never saw him until this tournament and he impressed me alot.

Defender and goalie is a crapshoot, it all depends on how it goes in these two last games imo

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Schenn, MVP as well.

Orlov

Campbell

They're all pretty easy picks, and barring any really great/terrible performances today I don't see this changing. Orlov has the best chance to not get picked however.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Forward - Schenn...barring a miraculous performance by Johansen/Tarasenko/Kuznetsov (the only other forwards even in the conversation, really)

Defense - Orlov or Ellis...I think it'll be Orlov but again, it could hinge on tonight

Goalie - Conz, but I wouldn't be surprised if Campbell got it. Depending on tonight, Shikin could sneak in.

wwvdw

Dec 22, 2009
Sweden
Goallie: Ortio / Campbell (Don't think Visinten has a chance since he has only played 3 games so far and one of those was against Norway)
Defenseman: Orlov:
Forward: Schenn

FytinSioux

Blackhawksssssss
Nov 30, 2009
ND
Why is Visentin even being mentioned? The only opponent that posed a threat was the US, which didn't show up, and had little to no scoring opportunities. I think Conz is most deserving.

Hawkey1967

Tim Horton
May 15, 2006
Top Forward: Ryan Johansen (CAN)
Top Dman: Dmitri Orlov (RUS)
Top Goalie: Dmitri Shikin (RUS) (of the 13 goals that have gotten by him so far, 6 have been on the PP)

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
is schenn getting over hyped? i know he has a lot of pts but against strong teams Johansen has come up HUGE.. Schenn not so much iirc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad