F - Jaromir Jagr

Best goalie: Viktor Fasth
Best defenseman: ?
Best forward: Jaromir Jagr

MVP: Viktor Fasth

Pietrangelo (CAN)

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
How do you get named the best defenseman and not get selected to the all start team?

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
My jaw dropped when Immonen didn't get MVP. Fasth didn't play the final too well... Before final it would've gone to him, but Immonen's 1-1 goal was too important.

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
My jaw dropped when Immonen didn't get MVP. Fasth didn't play the final too well... Before final it would've gone to him, but Immonen's 1-1 goal was too important.

probably cause they anounced it during the match ... I'd pick Immonen too

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Petrasek was 10-1 on even strength aka +9 and the defensive leading scorer with 6 points before the final. Not gonna go check but he logged closer to 25 mins in the important games, too. Nothing strange in that selection.

I don't disagree with any of the all-star selections, don't know how a player knocked out in the quarters could be deemed best D of the tournament, though.

And will the NHL teams be all over Fasth now.. Holy.

Lugaid

Hajlajtreelmål!
May 28, 2008
Stockholm
Naming Petrasek MVP D is absolutely horrendous, and it proves they only looked at stats. How many goals or breakaways didn't Petrasek cause by shooting the puck straight on a forward of the opposing team? One of the worst swedish defensemen I've seen in a WC.

Edit: I meant swedish D.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Naming Petrasek MVP D is absolutely horrendous, and it proves they only looked at stats. How many goals or breakaways didn't Petrasek cause by shooting the puck straight on a forward of the opposing team? One of the worst defensemen I've seen in a WC.

You didn't have to closely study Janne Niinimaa in his late years of the national team...

Prins Filip

Jun 3, 2010
Filippines
And will the NHL teams be all over Fasth now.. Holy.

Sorry of being such a horrible winner but... that damn Fasth-hype have to end! Mediocre guy, thats all...

img0006sp.jpg

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Sorry of being such a horrible winner but... that damn Fasth-hype have to end! Mediocre guy, thats all...

img0006sp.jpg

Yeah, no. I don't even like the guy because he's playin' for AIK and Djurgården has been my team since I was a lil' kid. But there's no point in trying to say that Fasth is mediocre. He's a very good goalie as he has proved throughout the season time and time again. And his dedication to the game is remarkable.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Yeah, no. I don't even like the guy because he's playin' for AIK and Djurgården has been my team since I was a lil' kid. But there's no point in trying to say that Fasth is mediocre. He's a very good goalie as he has proved throughout the season time and time again. And his dedication to the game is remarkable.

In the SEL he has had problems with teams that have a high forecheck. That'd be an issue in North America. I am not sure he is young enough to reinvent himself. His style is very good for the european ice, but he would need to do pretty big adjustments to play well on the smaller ice.

Also.. Doesn't he have some health issue or am I thinking of someone else? Something that made other teams pass on him..

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
In the SEL he has had problems with teams that have a high forecheck. That'd be an issue in North America. I am not sure he is young enough to reinvent himself. His style is very good for the european ice, but he would need to do pretty big adjustments to play well on the smaller ice.

Also.. Doesn't he have some health issue or am I thinking of someone else? Something that made other teams pass on him..

Yeah, obviously I'm not saying that he'd be a great, or even good, fit in the NHL.
Health issues, I dunno. Can't remember hearing anything about it though. :)

TollefsenFan

Apr 29, 2010
K-town
I think Holøs should be on the allstar team, but i guess it got something to do with him being a norwegian ;) Anyways i think 2g, 3a and +6 for Norway is ****ing impressive. He played 6 game and played alot of min.(28 min pr game)

ugrimugri*

why the **** does the media have to vote this before the FINAL GAME ?

just ridic, as u saw in that 6-1 final game, Petrasek and Fasth are not worthy / at least those two are WRONG

Last edited by a moderator:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad