NHL Entry Draft: TourettesGuy's NHL Entry Mock Draft

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Hey guys, so i'm going to be doing a mock draft, I hope you enjoy this.

If you guys want to a NHL Entry Draft, Free Agency Game, message me telling so, i'd love to host one if you guys are interested.

1. Edmonton Oilers: Taylor Hall - LW - Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
Like it or not, the Edmonton Oilers are going to choose Taylor with the first pick in this draft, Taylor is a great fit on the team and will play great with guys like Sam Gagner, Jordan Eberle and Magnus Pajjarvi-Svensson.

2. Boston Bruins: Tyler Seguin - C - Plymouth Whalers (OHL)
Well, since Taylor would be gone in the draft, they'll choose Tyler, although he might not get the best minutes on the team with center depth with guys like Marc Savard, David Krejci and Patrice Begeron, but I could see Begeron go wing for Seguin, maybe even Seguin to play a wing.

3. Florida Panthers: Cam Fowler - D - Windsor Spitfires (OHL)
The Florida Panthers take Fowler based on the offensive skills he has on the blueline, and the lack of offense the team has on the blueline, hopefully him and Kulikov have chemistry and become a force on the Panthers blueline for a long time.

4. Columbus Blue Jackets: Erik Gudbranson - D - Kingston Frontenacs (OHL)
This 6'3, 201 pound defenseman has a tough side compared to Chris Pronger and Dion Phaneuf, he will become a long time NHLer and a franchise defenseman for the Blue Jackets.

5. New York Islanders: Brandon Gormley - D - Moncton Wildcats (QMJHL)
The Islanders lack defense, and it's quite obvious that they need one, Gormley has great hockey sense and good lead the Islanders as a great defenseman for the future contenders.

6. Tampa Bay Lightning: Nino Niederreiter - RW - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Nino is a mix of a power forward and a scorer, from Switzerland, him and Stamkos can do some serious damage together.

7. Carolina Hurricanes: Vladimir Trasenko - RW - Sibir Novosibirsk (KHL)
A native of Russia, Vladimir has an excellent scoring touch and a notch for the net, he can play a physical game aswell. Will fit well in Carolina.

8. Atlanta Thrashers: Ryan Johansen - C - Portland Winterhawks (WHL)
Although this may be a little early, Ryan will be a great fit for the Thrashers. Good both on the powerplay and penalty kill, he can be a potential first line centerman playing alongside Evander Kane and Brian Little.

9. Minnesota Wild: Brett Connolly - RW - Prince George Cougars (WHL)
Although his stock as dropped, Connolly will turn out to be a great player in the NHL, Connolly can score, and pretty much do anything. Although not the strongest, he can turn into a power forward.

10. New York Rangers: Mikhail Granlund - C - HIFK (FIN)
Granlund is a great fit for the Rangers, two-way forward with excellent vision, he has a winning attitude and could be the team's first or second line centerman.

11. Dallas Stars: Derek Forbort - Defense - USA U18 NTDP
This is the most for sure pick in my opinion in the draft, Dallas needs a defenseman, he could be a big bodied defenseman who can skate well, and could be a top two defenseman for Dallas.

12. Anaheim Ducks: Emerson Etem - RW - Medicine Hat Tigers (WHL)
Etem is a pure power forward, he can skate and although he is small, he can fit well on the Ducks team. They could have chosen a defenseman, but the Ducks really have no other choice with Forbort out of the picture. Wouldn't be surprised if Pysyk is picked either.

13. Phoenix Coyotes: Jeff Skinner - C/RW - Kitchener Rangers (OHL)
Maloney chooses Skinner based on his relations with the Kitchener organization, which Boedker was apart of when he was drafted, could be a top 6 forward for the team.

14. St. Louis Blues: Nick Bjugstad - C - Blaine High (MIN)
Nick is a playmaker, and would fit in the Blues system quite well with the team.

15. Boston Bruins: Dylan McIarth - D - Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)
McIarth is a tough SOB, perfect fit for Boston.

16. Ottawa Senators: Alexander Burmistrov - C - Barrie Colts (OHL)

17. Colorado Avalanche: Austin Watson - F - Peterbrough Petes (OHL)

18. Nashville Predators: John McFarland - C - Sudbury Wolves (OHL)

19. Los Angeles Kings: Stanislav Gailev - F - Saint John Sea Dogs (QMJHL)

20. Pittsburgh Penguins: Jonathan Merill - D - USA Training Camp

21. Detroit Red Wings: Riley Sheahan - C - Notre Dame (NCAA)

22. Phoenix Coyotes: Kirill Kabanov - LW - Moncton W

23. Buffalo Sabres: Mark Pysyk - D - Edmonton Oil Kings (WHL)

24. Atlanta Thrashers: Jack Campbell - G - USA Training Program

25. Vancouver Canucks: Jarred Tinordi - D - USA Training Program

26. Washington Capitals: Calvin Pickard - G - Seattle Thunderbirds (WHL)

27. Montreal Canadiens: Quinten Howden - LW - Moose Jaw Warriors (WHL)

28. San Jose Sharks: Evgeny Kuznetsov - RW - Traktor Chelyabinsk

29. Philedelphia Flyers: Charlie Coyle - C - South Shore Kings (EJHL)

30. Chicago Blackhawks: Beau Bennett - F - Penticton Vees (BCHL)

* Pick order according to Wikipedia

Underdogs for 1st Round:
Jaden Schwartz - Tri City Storm - USHL - C
Johan Larsson - Brynas (SEL) - C/LW
Kevin Hayes - Nobles (MASS) - RW
Tyler Pitlick - Minnesota State - C

Last edited:

habsman56

Habs&Hoops
Nov 15, 2008
I'd be happy with Howden in Montreal.

Only thing I can't see is Pysyk going so low.

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
I'd be happy with Howden in Montreal.

Only thing I can't see is Pysyk going so low.

Yeah, Pysyk was injured throughout the season, so his stock went down dramatically. I think he could be drafted in the top 10 personally, but I think that he will an underdog and get drafted higher (Anaheim) or lower (Buffalo) who both are in need of defenseman.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Yep, unless Nieuwendyk plans on pulling a rabbit out of a hat, working some magic and somehow snagging the 3rd pick from Florida to take Fowler, I can definitely see Forbort as the player they're banking on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad