Toughest player?

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Okay, I'm only joking a bit here, but how about Sami Salo?

So, he's not the best fighter, or even a fighter at all... and he's not super big or strong... and he's the opposite of durable... but no matter how many times he gets hurt, and often badly, he keeps coming back for more...

saloInjuryList.jpg

I'll ask you to ponder these two words "ruptured testicle". I'll tell you one thing, that ever happened to me, I'd hang up my skates for good... provided I could reach the hook while being curled up in a ball on the floor.

Oroku Saki*

Volchenkov is up there for sure. Never afraid to step in front of a shot or put his body on the line.

TheSpaceman

Sep 1, 2009
Chara never fights anyone who can give him a fair fight(super heavy weights). If he does its turtle time.

As much as I dont like him, Souray was a pretty scary fighter.

Minnich10

May 31, 2011
Toughest, or best fighter? Best fighter, I would say is between Boogaard and Steve McIntyre. Toughest is a different thing to me though. The guys who can take the most beating, don't whine about it and still play hard are the guys who fall in the "toughest" category for me. My top three for that list, in no particular order, are Ian Lapierre, Scott Hartnell and Ryan Smyth.

I'd say Sid The Kid. HA! No, just kidding but for real I'd say Ovechkin because he works his butt off everytime on the ice.

Some others would be - Scotty Hartnell and Chara

mcsauer2738

Apr 1, 2011
Brandon Prust hands down for me. Will fight anybody in the league, pks, blocks shots, does it all, guy is a true worrier. He played the season with a torn labrum and still had 18 fights, dudes a warrior.

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
Okay, I'm only joking a bit here, but how about Sami Salo?

So, he's not the best fighter, or even a fighter at all... and he's not super big or strong... and he's the opposite of durable... but no matter how many times he gets hurt, and often badly, he keeps coming back for more...

saloInjuryList.jpg
Isn't Sami also the only player in the NHL history to suffer an injury as a result of a venomous snake bite?

24stanleycups*

Nobody could have contended with Laraque or Boogard, but since one is gone and the other dead, (RIP), I would have to say Jarome Iginla. He doesn't fight often because he's a 40-50 goal scorer, but he's one tough cat. Colton Orr and Macyntyre have to be mentioned as well.

capebretoncanadien

Nov 29, 2008
Tom Kostopoulos

Absolutely terrible fighter, must have known he was gonna get his ass beat before every fight.

Does that stop him.

Hell no.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
I am going to toss Chris Neil into the mix. He is solid and fights pretty much anyone in any weight class. Even though he doesnt win them all and alot are draws, I cant recall him every being knocked out and he has a $hit eating grin every fight!! These are the guys I can remember him fighting

Chara, Englelland, Orr, Shelley, Godard, Rupp, Parros, Peters, Lucic, Donald B, the list goes on and on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->