toughest little guy

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Haha if having a cement block for a head, tucking your chin and chucking punches is technical than sure, but I wouldnt say he was by far the best technical fighter the NHL has ever seen
Domi had the strongest chin I've ever seen. He would get clobbered and just keep on going. I cant' think of many times he went down or got injured in a fight.

bozaksniffles*

Pat Verbeek aka "The Little Ball of Hate" should be mentioned

5'8 according to his daughter

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Going with Tootoo all the way for current NHL small guy. RR was good, he fought anyone but from the fights I saw did threw a ton of punches but they were never very effective....no offense to him god bless his soul RIP, he went way to early and would of loved to have him on the Jets.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Define little guy?

Are we basing it on height or weight?

Theres some guys who are 6ft or less but over 200 lbs...just like there's some 6'1,6'2 guys who are like 190 lbs

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Haha if having a cement block for a head, tucking your chin and chucking punches is technical than sure, but I wouldnt say he was by far the best technical fighter the NHL has ever seen

We'd have to disagree on this, after the trade from Winnipeg he really improved as a fighter, learning to use angles rather than facing opponents head on, he was so adept at this it was well publicized how he tutored Belak on becoming a better fighter with The Leafs. Watch his fight with bigger men and how he uses his body position and angles to beat taller players, ie. Cairns, Mckenna, and in particular Probert in their last fight.

He was a very smart fighter also, he never punched himself out against guys like Darren Langdon who employed a clutch and tire approach, goading opponents to tire themselves out to win a fight in the later stages.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
At 5'9, it always amazed me that players with a much longer reach had such hard time with Domi, here are a few clips of him taking on 6'5 - 6'6 guys - Grimson, Leroux, and Cairns.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Tootoo is the toughest little guy active in the league, HM's to Dorsett/Konopka.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
Not talking about fighting but.

St. Louis, guy is one of the smallest in the league but plays like he's one of the biggest in the league.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
I don't think Konopka is a hugger at all.
His fighting style is to grapple and tie up his man, then try to get a loose arm or some room/leverage to land a punch or series of punches. He is not a "stand back and chuck 'em type fighter.
Good example of his style was last nights scrapple with Scott Thornton.

Terrence

Aug 3, 2010
Rick Rypien and Brandon Prust are my two favourites. They had some great scraps back when Prust was in Calgary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad