Tougher player, Laine or Matthews?

Tougher player?

• Total voters

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
The one who plays tougher game is the one not sitting in the press box with injuries. So I'll choose Laine by ainec.

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
With the exception of Matthews 1st and 3rd in injuries from last season, when he got his 2nd one which was a concussion after accidently colliding with Morgan Rielly, that was an accident and not a true calling of Matthews physical health.

Like those leafs fans saying Laine should keep his head up, maybe Matthew should keep his head on a swivel and stop puck watching.

Works both ways.

Dumb poll btw. Not what each player is about or should be measured by. Didn’t vote.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
This is like asking whether Trump or Clinton is the better presidential candidate. The real answer is neither, but their supporters will defend them to the death, pulling out all the stops along the way. And those who are neutral are just voting AGAINST one for whatever reason, rather than for the other.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
"Always hurt"

He played 82 games 2 seasons ago. 1 season with some injuries doesn't mean "Always hurt".
Using that logic why doesn't anyone say Jack Eichel is always hurt? The last 2 seasons he's played in 61 and 67 games, yet 1 season where Matthews misses 20 games others are quick to say he is always hurt.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I know this will probably be met with a response about his lack of production these past playoffs, but IMO, Matthews' style lends itself more than Laine's to playoffs. I think a lot of the things Matthews does well are similar to a lot of the things Crosby does well around the net/in tight areas, and Crosby's playoff resume speaks for itself.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
Matthews makes his money 5 feet in front of the night and takes a lot of abuse to get there. I don't know where this conflation of throwing hits and toughness comes from.

Gsus

MVP
Feb 20, 2014
Pori, Finland
Henrik Sedin is a big boy?
That's just what I found. In his first year he crushed Stålberg, Ekholm who are both big boys. The Stålberg one might be in his first NHL game I think. Last year in the outdoor game he laid Klefbom down in the corner. In the playoffs he also threw Koivu pretty nicely to the ice. He's a heavy hitter I'm saying, hope he hits more.

Didn't bother to find longer game recaps that might show these hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad