Tough Guys of the 80's Duke it out Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Big Phil said:
I went with Semenko. Maybe he was just more of a deterrent than anything. But no one went after Gretzky unless they had a death wish. Just wondering if there was ever a fight between him and Probert though? That's have been a beauty.
They had two that I know of both when Sammy was in Toronto Sammy won the first although he kind of jumped Probie and Probie cleanly won the second to me. I wish they would have had the opportunity to fight when they were both in their primes.

Habsaholic

May 23, 2004
Where is Todd Ewen? Wasnt he the one that left Probert on his back outcold and left Neely in a bloody heap?

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
Habsaholic said:
Where is Todd Ewen? Wasnt he the one that left Probert on his back outcold and left Neely in a bloody heap?
Ewen Did drop Probie and was a very good fighter but Probie avenged that loss more than once over the reat of their careers. Not saying that he dominated Ewen because he didnt. Also something for people to remember about Probie he fought and fought often against pretty much anyone that challenged him, more fights against other top fighters will mean more losses. I dont know how to post fight card but if someone could post Probie's it would be like a who's who of tough guys during his era and he had plenty of big wins also.

habfan4

Jul 16, 2002
Deus Amat Pretzel
Visit site
c-carp:

Here's a link to Probert's Fight Card (can't vouch the site or it's accuracy, although it would appear to cover his entire career).

Probert Fight Card

Not a lot of lightweights on Probie's list. His willingness to take on the true heavyweights of each year is a testament to his fearlessness.

c-carp

Mar 3, 2002
Illinois
Visit site
habfan4 said:
c-carp:

Here's a link to Probert's Fight Card (can't vouch the site or it's accuracy, although it would appear to cover his entire career).

Probert Fight Card

Not a lot of lightweights on Probie's list. His willingness to take on the true heavyweights of each year is a testament to his fearlessness.
I couldnt get on that link but I have seen his fight card and its as impressive as it gets he didnt duck anyone.

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site
Gotta go with.....

our guy, Behn Wilson.....NO known losses during his career, didn't fight as much as some because no one wanted him. Always felt Probie "used" the lose the jersey to his advantage. Even Dave Brown commented when he was left off ESPN's Top Ten Alltime tough guys list, "How can I complain, they left off Behn Wilson too". Yeah, he had to be coaxed to fight, but when he did, look out. Never saw him hurt in a fight, got meaner as the fight went on. :cheers:

hbomber34

Dec 5, 2003
Malden, MA.
Visit site
I'd go with Dave Brown, followed by Probert and McSorley... I'd also be remissed if I didn't include my all-time favorite Brian Curran..... Jay Miller would also be a good honorable mention and should be on the list instead of punching bag McRae

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
How does Behn Wilson not get a single vote?
He was a way better fighter then Semenko or Nilan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->