Total One vs. X:60

member 30781

Personally, I am a Bauer guy when it comes to hockey sticks. My friend has got a hookup where he gets both of these sticks for 100 bucks for me. I haven't used the X:60 yet since he hasn't bought it for me, but I have been using the Total One for about a week now. This is the first time I am using a top of the line stick.

My friend said the Total One is usually better for one-timers and snap-shots because of the technology that goes into it and the way it's made. He said the X:60 is better for wristers.

I suck at slap shots and use wrist shots almost all the time so when he gets the X:60 I will try it out. For anyone who has used both sticks, does my friends statement have any validity to it?

mbeam

Jun 8, 2008
Why don't I send you $200 and you can send me both sticks.

...I'll let you know.

darkmoon1196

Feb 22, 2010
i got the totalone with the kane curve, which benefits wristers

got the best of both worlds.

Rush22*

Both sticks have a mid flex point but the X60 also can give you a low kick point feel when your bottom hand is higher on the shaft (like when taking a wrister or snap shot).

Both sticks are great, I would pick the one the feels best in your hands. The X60 has more rounded corners while the Totalone has a more traditional shaft dimensions.

I personally use the X60 because I like having that low kick point for a quick snap shot as that is my bread and butter shot.

macgyverthatshiz

Apr 3, 2010
North Carolina
Depends on your skill level. If you are beginner/novice D league player, you really don't need either one of these sticks, as you will not have the skill set to benefit from kick properties of this stick. No offense, just saying.

TinofGrizz

Feb 5, 2010
The Supreme line has always favored defenseman/slapshots and the vapor line has always favored forwards/wrist shots.

If you want to dive a little more into the exact science of it, read about it on Bauers site. They will do a hell of a lot better job explaining it than I do.

http://www.bauer.com/gear/player/sticks

From what you have said it does sound like you're better suited for the X:60, but there is still the whole personal preference factor as always.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Mid kick sticks (like the totalone) are supposedly better for slappers, while low kick sticks (like the x60) are supposedly better for wristers, but mostly it's all personal preference. I personally prefer mid kick sticks for all shots, I just like the feel of the flex (if that makes sense). If you like to really feel the flex in the shaft when you shoot, with that slight lag as it loads up, then a mid kick is for you, but if you want a smaller but quicker load and kick than a low kick is a better choice. The totalone is a phenomenal stick, I doubt you'll see much of an improvement in your wrist shot with an x60. Most people seem to slightly prefer the totalone to the x60 in general, I really think a lot of the whole "totalone is for the power player, x60 is for the sniper/dangler" stuff is just marketing BS by Bauer.

dangsLITE

Jan 16, 2011
NYC
Personally if you aren't sure, I'd go with the TO. I don't know anyone that hasn't liked this stick but the x60 is pretty hit or miss. Also the TO is a little bit more durable than the x60 although they will both break pretty easily if you shoot hard enough.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad